1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Just got the Flu, anyone else?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    Over the weekend my wife and I came home from Arizona and I was greated by the Flu bug. People were coughing on the plane, and I was wondering if I would catch something?

My brother and his wife went back home at 4am this morning so I am back at my mother's condo helping her with some things that she needs done. I have a hospital type mask on, so hopefully my mom won't catch it.

I am dragging today, as late Sunday night I got very sick. Feeling better today so far. I shot Sunday at the local club, may be I got the Flu from someone there?

I shot really well, as I had a 28 out of 30, and a 27 out of 30. I have not seen the newspaper as they list the winners, hopefully I hit a Lewis.

Anyone else catch the Flu bug recently. Here in Wisconsin, we got it earlier than expected.
    Steve Balistreri

2. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Just getting over it Steve,..came down with it the Sunday before last and still weak as a kitten...my moms fighting it now as much as we took every precaution to keep it away from her...she has COPD, Asthma and Asbestosis so we are packed for the ER if it gets out of hand

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

For the last two years for the first time in my life I got flu shots, guess they must help, knock on wood I've been fine

The doctors at the VA really push the shots, also got a pneumonia shot, it's good for 5 or 10 years can't remember but the VA will, they stay on top of that stuff pretty good

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I'll let you know in 48hrs? I just got back from the dentist. He was putting a new crown on me. He is working on me with his drill and talking. Comes out and tells me he missed last Friday and yesterday Monday because he had the flu.

WTF - why didn't you tell me before so I could've canceled?? He's towering over me less than a foot from my face and he just got over the flu???? He had a mask, but I was livid.

It seems like everytime I get on an airplane I catch a cold or something.

I work in a wide open shop without many people around so I don't get many colds etc. till I get stuck in room full of people.

I guess that is another postive of being anti social. LOL

6. Catpower

Bisi I was kind of your shoes a while back, I was getting my hair cut and my barber was coughing telling me he wasn't feeling good felt like he might be coming down with the flu

Don't know if he got it but I sure did

7. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Wash your hand often when touching anything in public. Thinking people never think of:
    Buttons on ATMs, has pumps, door handles, etc

8. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Get a flu shot from now on, unless you are allergic to eggs.

Guy

9. senior smoke

My mom just told me that I look like she should be taking care of me. I am going to drive home now and get some sleep and come back tonight and get her ready for bed.

My mom suggested that I stop at a near by deli that sells chicken soup. It can't hurt, as my mom believes chicken soup has magical powers when your not feeling good???.
    Steve

10. Catpower

It has been proved that chicken soup actually does make you get better faster, something in the broth

Even if it doesn't good chicken soup tastes good

11. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Shopping cart handles are really bad for carrying germs, especially after seeing some of the people at Walmart.

12. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Received flu shot at Walmart late October early November. A must have shot every year.

If your of age (60 or older) don't forget that shingles shot....

13. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Add a pneumonia shot to what Joe said. HMB

14. Bob Merkov

Bob Merkov Member

I'm traveling in the Pittsburgh area on business and all you hear on the news is the flu is running rampant around here. Hospitals are getting full. Make sure you wash your hands as often as you can and use disinfectant also.

Bob M.

15. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Wish I could talk the wife into a flu shot. She's never had a full blown case of the flu. If she ever does I won't have to say I told you so. Got Mine

Robert

16. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Had the flu shot in october and in hospital with flu as we speak.

17. senior smoke

Back at my mom's condo getting her ready for bed. She told me she is starting to feel sick. Hope she doesn't get the Flu especially at her age. Think I will stay the night to be on the safe side. She did get the flu shot, wonder if you can still get the flu after getting the shot?
    Steve

18. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Yes, you can still get the flu with the shot. TV said shot only covers about 50 per cent of virus out there.

I got the shingles last year and the wife got the shot last year. The shot was expensive. I did not go to the doctor. I just treated with calamine lotion. Seems it took about two months to be completely get over it. Some add said it you get the shingles now you should not get it again. Others I work with have had shingles multiple times. Maybe I will get the shot this year just to be sure. Ray

19. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

If you DO get the flu.......try to take Tamaflu as quickly as possible.

20. oz

oz Active Member

No but I had diarrhea yesterday, does that count?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.