1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Just got screwed on E-bay

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by g7777777, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Did you have them insure it? Just go against the insurance but it does take the post office a long time to pay

At least you have pay pal to go back on- I had a much larger deal- ebay wont help you at all even when they know you havent received the item

Gene

2. bigben

bigben Active Member

Follow the promps for paypal arbitration, they will make restitution do it now before expireation! incinerate em!

3. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Mike, I have a way around this situation for you. e-mail me superxtrap@netzero.net I didn't save your phone number so I can't call you. Jeff

4. pahunter1

pahunter1 TS Member

Contact PayPal

5. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

When ever I send something I pack the hellout of it just because of this. I have seen what the PO and UPS can do to a box.

6. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

Don't feel bad.I been screwed. Mostly by eBay over a money order, It took over 90 days for the post office to do a trace and get the bank info. After 90 days ebay just deleted the whole matter. They would not do anything. Bad part the same guy screwed 2 other people the same way after me.
    RAILROAD.

7. romie

romie Active Member

I have shipped a silver service for a customer only to have someone open it up along the way and then pitch it back in the box with no wrapping.and send it to the reciever.UPS
    Good luck

8. zinger

zinger Member

It is the responsibility of the SELLER to make sure the item they are selling gets to the buyer as described. That means proper packaging. I don't think it's my duty to tell a seller how to package an item. If it doesn't get to me in the condition I bought it, then it goes back, period. You're paying good money for something, and anything less than what was described is unacceptable.

9. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Here's an interesting offer on ebay. I bought it last month and it's dead - does not work at all. I sent it back and now here it is with the same disclaimer that he doesn't know how it works.

Neil

10. BP348

BP348 Active Member

Mike,

Hope you get everything worked out.

What's a set of 2J collets?

11. BP348

BP348 Active Member

That's a pretty poor packing job.

Thanks for the info.

12. zinger

zinger Member

Mike, Tell the Major to blow it out his ass! It's HIS responsiblity to file any claims or deal with the post office! Not yours! Remind him that it's HIS duty to make sure your purchase gets to you in good condition. If you sent something to someone knowing that it was packaged properly and the Post Office did that to your box, would you tell the buyer too bad, so sad, you'll have to file a claim with your post office? I know I wouldn't, I'd be the one pissed. But, I'd definately file a dispute immediately with Paypal. Unfortunately, postal employees are overpaid and underworked so when your dies rolled across the floor, they probably figured it was now in the janitor's department to clean it up...sorry to any postal workers out here in trapshooterland, but my opinion about them doesn't rank too high, especially the ones behind the counter.

13. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Yeah, what a half ass way to ship to you. They sure didn't have you in mind when the put that together. What a crime to delivered to you like that. Push the issue.

14. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Yeah, what a half ass way to ship to you. They sure didn't have you in mind when the put that together. What a crime to delivered to you like that. Push the issue.

15. richrob

richrob TS Member

Bigbore- if your looking for tooling email me and tell me what you want, I'll take a look and see what we got in the garage. We recently purchased a garage full of tools from an elderly man, there were upwards of 5 sets of some types of tooling. - Rich

16. smartass

smartass TS Member

I'd lile to get screwed on E-bay. How much does it cost and are the bimbos good looking?

17. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

BigBore... I can turn a fax into a PDF that can be sent via e-mail no problem. drop me a line at XXXjohnvoliva@sbcglobal.netXXX

18. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

It's been 13 days since I won an auction on ebay and I only got 1 email from them after sending them 5. Tomorrow I am going after them. I can't be patient any more. Todd

19. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Mike....... I had a similiar experience with PayPal some time ago. I immediately closed my PayPal account and emailed them the reason for the closure. That has been over 3 years ago and I still have never heard from them.
    PayPal is a sham and a complete rip-off, as far as I'm concerned. It is amazing to me the number of sellers on ebay that will only take PayPal as payment for their goods. I have seen many items that I would have bid on, and bought, but the "PayPal only" requirement stopped me cold. I can't help but wonder how many other potential buyers are lost to the sellers that have this policy? It really doesn't matter to me anymore since there is always another item just like it that I can get without having to resort to using PayPal. All in all, I have had great experiences buying and selling on ebay. I do, however, have a few hard and fast rules I follow when buying something of value to me. I ALWAYS pay by Postal Money Order, sent "return receipt requested". I ALWAYS insist on insurance if I place any real value on the item I purchase, and I ALWAYS specify how to pack it and how to ship it. I ALWAYS contact the seller prior to bidding to make sure my requests are acceptable to them. I can honestly say that I have never had anyone turn down my requests. I have had a seller charge me a little more to make sure it gets done, but, it's worth it to me to avoid just the kind of problem you are now faced with. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. As a shooter that has had more than one or two transactions with you over the years, I know you are a man of his word, and honest to a fault. "Liar" is just not a word that could be applied to you, and most of us know it. It may, or may not, work out in the end, but life is too short to get too worked up about $149.00 worth of colletts, principles or not. Nothing you can say, or do, will change anything at this point. Grab your favorite shotgun (the DB-81, and you know it is), a couple flats of shells, and treat yourself to a day at the club shooting doubles. While you are there, think about how lucky you are to be able to do that. Think about how lucky you are that, after Katrina, you are where you are, have a place, and, in general how great your life is. Makes those colletts seem a lot less important now, doesn't it?.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

20. MX/MT

MX/MT TS Member

Bob, Sounds like it's still not resolved - maybe you've never had to deal with Paypal.

I've had exactly 2 dealings with Paypal, and after jumping through hoop after hoop just to get money, in one instance, and make a payment in another, I will NEVER, EVER use Paypal again! Those dickheads do not have a clue and make everything as difficult as possible.

If someone insists on using Paypal, I just don't buy whatever it is they are selling.

I won't buy anything off of Ebay again either. It's worth a few bucks more somewhere else just so I don't have to deal with those losers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.