1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Just got screwed by AIRGAS

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by PerazziBigBore, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Just went to pick up my 20 pound CO2 bottle from Airgas.. I dropperd it off Jan 13th.. to be hydroed and refilled.. I went to pick it up today..and they told me I swapped it out.. and our deal??? was complete.. Now.. I would know if I had my CO2 cylinder.. They had 2 workers from the back verify that I took an exchange bottle.. Yea.. Like I would not know if I had a CO2 with my name on it in my possession.. BEWARE of AirGas... After spending thousands of dollars with them when I put up a very large.. all steel building.. I would think they would be more helpful that doing absolutely NOTHING to make it right.. Again... BEWARE of AirGas..

If anyone knows a higher up there.. I'd love to get his E-mail address.. Thanks Mike

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I've sent a E-mail to their SW regional headquarters.. If anyone cares.. I'll let you know the outcome..

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Mike most of those bottles have a number on them. If they switched out a bottle you should have gotten a slip.

One of the welding supply company's that I did business with always swapped out bottles. When you bought bottles they filled them when you needed more they swapped the bottle when you needed more again you went back and they swapped them out again. If you didn't have slip you didn't get anything and they recorded all the numbers. They also got the slips out to make sure you gave them the right slips.

Bob Lawless

4. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Why don't you make them show you the receipt paperwork with your signature? If you didn't sign for it then how did they let it out of the shop?

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I quit them when their monthly tank rentals made it not worth having them in my posession.

I get my C02 from a fire extinguisher place. They treat me good.

HM

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I'll look for my receipt.. The copy they showed me only has a hydro for my out of date aluminum bottle.. a pair of welding gloves I bought.. and what I thought was the CO2 fee for my bottle when it came back... I did not see.. nor understand the 1 in 1 out and all the boxes checked off.. I figured the $44.. was about right to hydro.. the gloves.. and the 20 pounds of CO2... Had I understood I was signing that I received a bottle..I never would have signed until it was all straighten out.. Over the 20 plus years I've dealt with them.. I never had a problem.. I bought.. and paid.. period.. When I put up a steel building..I'd swap out my bottles because they were emptied ever other week..so the truck would just come down and exchange them.. It made life easy..

To a shooter I'd explain it this way.. How do you like the Seitz O/U you got last week??? To which the person would reply.. I never got one last week.. As sure the shooter is of his gun.. I'm sure of my only 20 pound aluminum CO2 tank.. I have no other small tank in my possession.. All of my other tanks are 240 cf or larger..

Then the 2 workers in the back.. that remembered a 20 pound CO2 bottle from a shop that moves 150+ bottles a day.. Give me a break..After 4 weeks plus..They should have just called me a cheat and a thief.. I see no difference.. BUT.. I'm out a $200 bottle.. and a hydro fee and gas fee.. I'll keep you posted..

7. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

They were double billing me for tank rental for quite a while. I didn't think much about it until I started going through my bills. I use a small local welding supplier now. No more airgas. Sorry they screwed you, too, PBB.

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

They must be on a rental kick.. When I mentioned I had 6 bottles.. one sprited out.. Have you been paying us the rental fee??? I said no.. I bought them years ago..

9. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Well.. It looks like Airgas in Texas.. sent my E-mail to someone else.. to see if the wanted to "handle" this.. soooooooooooooo time will tell how they are going to answer it.. I'll keep you all posted..

10. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

Mike: Sent U an e-mail with Airgas Corporate information.
    Their CEO Peter McCausland was on CNBC today.

Doyal Duncan

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    And if you get nowhere, name the manager in a small claims court suit. They'll probably decide the price of a bottle is not worth tying up a manager all day.

12. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Doyal.. that's where I started today after I went home empty handed after leaving my store to pick up the cylinder.. It's making the rounds already.. Court.. not an option.. my time is worth as much or more then theirs.. It's not even over the cylinder in my head anymore.. It's being accused of stealing.. or wanting to steal a cylinder from them... Then.. they have 2 employees that "remember" me taking a cylinder.. soooooooooooo what else is going on there???? Was it management just telling me anything.. or should I say lying to me... or are there people in the back that lie??? This have left me wondering about anything having to do with this store.. What's this world comming too??? Anyway.. time will tell..

13. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Day 2 of the Saga..

14. rocko

rocko Member

We kicked AirGas out about 3 years ago. Several billing disputes, bottles 2/3 full, dirty argon etc. Have a local company now, full bottles, super clean argon and no bogus invoices.

15. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

God I hate stuff like that! The mgr only has the paper in his hand and the two in the back are too lazy to go look for your tank...or they gave it to someone else.

Hopefully you paid with a credit card and can reverse the charges. Companies love it when you do that;)

16. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I probably have 8-10 tanks from airgas, I own all of them.. Out of all the ones I have swapped over the past 25 years, one day I got one in with a tri-mix for my mig welder and... it had my name stamped on it...haha.. mind you that I had bought it years before and this was the first time I ever saw "my" tank.. I swapped it out and got it back a couple of years later.. since then I have swapped several times and have never seen it again.. I dont know anything that might help you.. the receipt shows you got it.. they say you got it.. you know you dont.. good luck I hope they do the right thing..

17. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I thank everyone for their words of support.. Some of you have offered to drop your accounts with them...but I'm putting that off for now.. awaiting a responce... A few of you were are still involved in this company..and I would not want to hurt a fellow shooter.. as well as one of my very best friends works for them... i'm over the loss... just not over the indignity of being accused of wanting to STEAL.. a 20 pound CO2 tank.. It's times like this you see who your friends are.. and who is just there...

I'll keep everyone posted.. Remember.. for the most part.. trapshooters are one of the most elete group in our country.. It is filled with professional people.. stock holders..people who control alot of money and decisions..

The many thousands of you whom I've met at the GRAND..and thousands more I will meet this year have always been considered FAMILY.. You hurt one.. you hurt all.. Well.... it's now 1.20 CST and still not a word or call from anyone.. I'll keep you posted..

18. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

You really have to watch them, if you own your own tank they will do the swap out with you for a few times and then the next thing you know you don't own a tank and owe them rental. BTDT

Incidently had Coca Cola do the same thing with a pop machine I owned but let them service.

19. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Funny how the paperwork always ends up in someone elses favor...

20. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Mike that is why they have the paperwork. To favor themselves they certainly aren't paying for it to favor you. Good luck I hope it comes out in your favor.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.