1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Just got myself a Kolar

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ArmyMechanic, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArmyMechanic

ArmyMechanic Member

Having fineally made the jump to a premium gun, I am ready to take trap a little more seriously than i have in the past (now that im done with the army makes this accomplishment easier)

I traded off a 3200 and 90t for a Kolar Combo, My experience with kolar has been awesome and I look forward to owning this for a long long time. that said.. are there any parts that i should keep around and handy??? Are there any trend breakdowns I should be aware of??

Any help on this would be quite awesome..

Thanks

2. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

You bought yourself a great gun and into the best company for customer service in the industry. I bought my then 13 year old daughter one several years ago. She shot it until she was 20 without any problems. Kolar did a little tuning at a couple of Grand Americans but that was it. She also shot it well enough to make the ladies all-american team in 2005. Enjoy it.

Mark Zauhar

3. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Ya done good.
    I followed about the same route you did and have never regretted it.
    I don't know how old your Kolar is, if it needs a looksee just to make sure ,you can't beat the guys at the Kolar factory to give you great service and a quick turn-a-round . Just having an annual done on it will answer any questions you may have on a use one.
    You surly don't need a parts bag like some other high end guns that's for sure.

4. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Good Luck,you have just purchased one of the best guns made.

Last but not least Made in America.

Bo

5. ArmyMechanic

ArmyMechanic Member

Thanks for the info, I bought it used and the good folks at kolar told me it was born on september of 1991, that being said other than being dirty the gun is tight... there is no looseness in it at all... still needs a good tug to open :) the only thing wrong that i can see is it needs a gracoil or a rad as the pad on it is next to non-existant. either that or im going to get a grip for the PFS i have and use that... havent made up my mind yet...

I suck at the shooting aspect so i have a huge learning curve with this new gun. I am looking forward to the challenge

HT

6. kolar kda

kolar kda TS Member

You will love it, i bought one when i was 18, and have never had a problem with it, i had kolar do its annual tunes up a couple different times but other than that no problems what so ever. it took me to the 2004 jr. all-american team, and also helped me get a scholership to lindenwood university. About a year after i bought mine my grandfather bought one because he liked mine so much. hope you enjoy your kolar as much as we have over the last several years!

o/t

Mark, if you happen to look at this agian, what does kelsey shoot now?

Kyle Atherton

7. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Kyle is Kelsey still shooting?I did not see her at any of the big shoots last year.

Bo

8. finger

finger TS Member

I have a 3 digit Kolar gun I bought new in early 97 and have about 150k rounds through and nothing has ever been changed on the gun. I will be sending it to Kolar before skeet season starts this year tho. Ten years without it being looked at is a long time. I put a PFS on it last month and won't be going back. I love the way it shoots and hate the way it looks. Enjoy it and hope yours is as dependable as mine has been. bob finger

9. ArmyMechanic

ArmyMechanic Member

i hope i get that lucky too....lol hopefully this gun has alot of majic to it and can somehow mysteriously fix my scores...lol

10. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I traded guns with Linda Loughran for a practice round. She shoots a Kolar combo. I shot the unsingle for a handicap round, and I loved it. It smashes targets, and is easy to shoot. The way the stock is made, it easily goes up in the same spot every time you mount. It's a great gun.

I shoot a release, and the Kolar release was very nice.

11. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Welcome to the world of Kolar you wont go back......Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.