1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Just got my New Auto-Mate

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hivoltfl, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Got in today, have my 9000 mounted and turning out shells at a record pace :)

The mounting was fairly simple, instructions were easy to follow and made it pretty simple, I really like the way the brackets stiffen up the reloader, I am a Happy Shooter.

Rick

2. smokemeister25

smokemeister25 TS Member

oh rick... you've just ruined my night... :( i just got my new 9000 automate on wednesday and haven't figured out how to get it running... it's just sittin there screamin at me "you dummy... i'm not that hard to get running..."

i guess i gotta read the directions again....

3. 1903

1903 Member

I just picked up one the other day (thanks Carl). After loading a couple hundred shells, I'm kicking myself for not getting one when I wanted it a few years ago. John.....

4. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

smoke, I had a well used 9000 that I put the auto mate on, was fairly simple, when I first got a 9000 it and I had hell for a day or two till it finely won and I set it up like the book said, I like my machine to function at the bottom and top of the stroke, once I got it tweeked there its been doing ok.

The book will help, Good Luck

Rick

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Mine's the senior citizen of AutoMates.

[​IMG]

Ed

7. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Jack and Ed, looking good! wish I had done this several years ago.

Rick

8. smokemeister25

smokemeister25 TS Member

how much of a mess does the 9000 make with the automate? i was wondering if it might be a little neater and not spill as much powder and shot around and primers? i used to make a hell of a mess with a ponsness warren i had and an old grabber was better. it's been so cold in my basement i was thinking of moving a table into a spare bedroom upstairs but didn't want to make a giant mess. was thinking maybe i could find some kind of shallow big tray to set it in so at least it would contain messy stuff... something like a big flourescant light ceiling cover... you guys look like your areas are pretty clean...

9. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Smoke mine is very clean to operate, I do not have hardly any powder or shot problems at all if I do my part, I keep a close watch on my primer drop and make sure I get a wad in every time, if I do that I only get a few flakes of powder per 100 shells, If I get more than that I am looking at my washers and brass washer on the powder side, generally I find I put the brass washer in upside down, You can also use a powder baffle to eliminate the brass washer, I dont since I use large bottles on both my shot and powder, the baffle makes that powder bottle to tall for my liking, Good luck with it, I have mine in the house in a spare bedroom, have had no issues with the BOSS hehehe.

Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.