1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Just got my first Perrazzi

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dutchman1968, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dutchman1968

dutchman1968 Active Member

I just recieved my first Perrzzi, I bought a mt6. I shot about a 150 rounds through it and did some pattern testing. Bottom barrel 60/40 and top barrel 50/50, I am impressed with a gun this age. I just have the factory chokes for it and I know there are some after market chokes I can get for it. Will the after market chokes pattern better than the factory ones? Has anyone with a early model mt-6 tested the differance? I have the early model chokes with the treads at the top of the chokes? I was thinking of getting Seminole chokes.
    Thanks Troy

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Congratulations. I hope you enjoy your new gun. My advice is to buy nothing for the gun for the first couple months, or even a year, especially choke tubes. The reason is you will likely have wasted money. I did the same, twice, and every one of the dodads I bought are still sitting in drawers after having been used for a week or a month. You bought a good gun. Use it. Enjoy it. Then decide if it has any deficiencies you think you want to address.

3. Jerseyshooter

Jerseyshooter TS Member

I am really envious. I hope someday to have such a fine trapgun. I really hope you enjoy it! How does it feel compared to what you were shooting? I have not shot a P gun or a K gun but I hear the triggers are spectacular. Give us droolers and update on how things go. Congrats. RICH

4. dutchman1968

dutchman1968 Active Member

To reply on comparing to other guns well, I have had good luck with brownings I had two 325's and a 425, nothing wrong with them but comparing them with the mt-6, the browning feel like clubs and tend to be barrel heavy and the triggers are sloppier than the perazzi, even after I had them worked on. I also purchesed a brand new Rizzini three year ago, and nothing but problems with it from day one. It came shipped and the stock had left handed cast on it. I took it to a gun fitter to confirm this. We also did some pattern testing to see where i shot with it so he could fit me for it. The barrels where way off, so much he said to send it back. The gun fitter thought it was me shooting inconsistant until he tried it, so long story short i sent the barrels back and they sent new ones , but dealing with them was a pain in the butt.
    Troy

5. gnprts

gnprts Member

Congratulations on your move to a Perazzi!

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

No new tubes. Just clean it after shooting it.

7. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Dutchman1968, First and foremost..Congratulations. Second, Beware..There are like Lays chips...You can't Stop At ONE ! Enjoy. Bart Reynolds

8. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

I thought you wanted some no# 2s from me?

9. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Looking for one #0 Type 3 with knurlded top for bore 18.4 thanks Bart reynolds

10. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Troy.... Read ZZT's post again, twice! I have a Perazzi MX-3 Special that has original Perazzi choke tubes as well as a couple of Wrights choke tubes. After shooting both, and patterning both, I can honestly say I prefer the way the patterns look with the Perazzi tubes. Now, don't get me wrong here: Wrights makes a very fine choke tube, and I've had a Ljutic that benefited greatly from the additition of a Wrights tube over the factory offering. That being said, I think it's hard to beat the early Perazzi tubes..... Just my experience.. Dan Thome (Trap2)

11. shark1

shark1 Member

Perazzi shot it, enjoy it. Keep your springs updated and win, win, win. After market additions give little or no advantage on the higher end guns. Michael Sharkey, DC

12. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Welcome to the P-Gun Club. I love mine, had it out today making smoke at St Joe VCC.

Rich in Indiana

13. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Another great deal on a nice gun for Troy. I hope those few little marks on the top of the comb didn't affect it's performance. Still have one more not as nice one for sale!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.