1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Just got back from Sparta

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim Porter, Aug 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I went to five or six Grands at Vandaia and even made one handicap shoot off. I like the place but it just can't hold a candle to Saprta. I know--I know--what's coming next hotles are in short supply and eating places are too but I go to shoot and Sparta is about a light year ahead of Vandalia. Go ahead a blow your cork. I could list advantages and they are many but will hold off for now!
    Have fun!

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Hey Jim I agree it is almost to big but that is a good thing because im sure Vandaia thought it used to be to big but it out grew itself of course im sure Sparta will never out grow itself but I do like the ease of finding parking spots right behind the traps and im sure if it keeps growing then the hotel's and other things will also.

I went last week end but shot pretty bad and headed back home the same day I just really went to visit friends anyway.

Foghorn

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Vandalia has/had nostalgia. Sparta will too some day. Heck, I guess it does already if you've been there.

4. Janet

Janet TS Member

Sparta is like a "big" city and Vandalia was like "small town USA". Can't help but miss it.

I'm sure, however, Sparta will go down in the history books and people will also have fond memories of shooting there.

Janet (Ohio)

5. Nutnbutsmoke

Nutnbutsmoke Member

I never was able to make it to a shoot at Vandalia, I had to relocate to Ohio the year it moved and was disapointed it would have been so close. This year my son is shooting in the SCTP and so are some friends sons so we decided to make the trip to Sparta to let them shoot in the big event. I was impressed with all they had set up for the shooters of the future (shooting demonstrations from Beretta and Winchester, Pizza etc)and the facilities were excellent. All the vendor buidings offered some nice deals on gear and of course the air conditioning was very much appreciated average heat index was over 108. I know a lot of the older shooters that are still upset it moved and I understand tradition etc but take a trip out there and see the place in a few years when the hotels etc have had a chance to catch up and I think you will also be impressed(Illinois does need to fix some of there gun sales rules etc though).

6. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

my scores was not pleasing but the weather was just GREAT!!!!

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I see the ATA plans to move its Hall of Fame to Sparta. That should add to the new location's appeal.

Ed

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Maybe, just to make some of the "Anti's" happy, we can have the whole town of Vandalia moved to Sparta....

It'll be the new "Spardalia".

Curt

9. Cray

Cray Member

Change the name from Sparta to Vandalia, Il.!!! Cray

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Cray, I believe they already have one....

11. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

they are already working on next year's program... "The 2009 Big Shoot"!!! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.