1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Just got back from a GREAT shoot!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shutnlar, Jun 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

Zara- ALMOST all you have said is true.The only mistake you made was that Leo beat us all!!!!! 100 in doubles, 100 at 16s, 97 from the 27-Pretty decent day by anyones standards....

Larry

2. Keith Uffelmann

Keith Uffelmann Member

Leo 100 straight Doubles, 100 singles, 97 caps.

One of our SCTP ladies, Katie Clayton, broke a 99 shooting on the squad with Leo. All of his squad mates in the singles were our SCTP shooters. Katie dropped the 98th target. They took the clinic with Leo on Saturday.

We got some nice pictures of the squad after they finished. They will always be able to say that they got to shoot with the All American Leo Harrison, III. A highlight of their young careers.

3. Keith Uffelmann

Keith Uffelmann Member

John McQuade broke the other 100 straight. I think they flipped, but am not sure. I know that they did not shoot it off. Karla and I did the charcoal and Leo cooked the hamburgers for supper. I sat by Leo at dinner.

Maybe Shotshell (Harvey Shell, DGSC ATA Chairman) will post all of the result including the shoot offs.

I know that Rick Gibbs, DGSC Shotgun Sports Director and SCTP Coach won the shoot off for short yardage. It was between Rick and Bill Anderson.

4. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

I had the pleasure of shooting at Downer's Grove for the Eric Weikum Memorial Shoot. I echo Zara's comments -- top notch facility. If it weren't 5-6 hours away, I would be there at least once a month.

John

5. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Keith Uffelmann:

i have seen in the years past that Big Leo will shoot with the common shooter and i think that is great and every title that he wins im sure he won it fair and square I know some of the great's want to shoot on a squad with the elite all the time but with a talanet like Leo has then it don't make a difference if he shoot alone or with strangers the end result's will be about the same.

Foghorn220

6. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Leo dropped 3 targets???

Old age must be catching up to him. lol lol

Hauxfan!

7. Dodgers28

Dodgers28 Member

Wish I could have stuck around for a shoot-off, it would have been an honor to shoot off with Leo, if he is not the best, I would hate to shoot against the one who is. However my timing was great, I arrived at the ball park in time to see my Son take the mound. I didn't stop shooting for 8 years to miss him play now. I am sure all of you Dads out there know what I am talking about. Nothing makes me happier than supporting my Daughter and Son.

Another great shoot by DGSC - what a nice place!

Dodger Boy aka John McQuade

8. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Zara, thanks for the compliments! It was a good shoot. The weather couldn't have been better, and after this bad winter I think that we are due for some good weather.

Since being involved with running a club I would have to say that without all of the volunteers, workers, and our ATA Director Harv Shell it is a pain to run one. Lot's of preparation goes into a shoot, days and even sometimes weeks worth. I will check with Harv and see where our numbers were at, I don't think that we were down at All! Harv is to be commended, he has pretty much given up shooting our shoots so that everyone has a nice shoot. Thanks to all that helped. I would name you guys, but I would forget someone. Everyone just keep up the good work.

It was decided that Leo would shoot with the "regular" shooters after discussion with Harv and Leo. You will not find a nicer couple in Leo and Karla. I have called Leo when having problems shooting and he has always been patient on the telly with me to help me work thru the problem. After the shoot Leo and Karla provided a cookout at the club for those remaining shooters that stuck around. Thanks for that.

Zara, I want you to know that my SCTP members wanted to get the letters TSZ on their team shirts as the Bears did with GSH when Halas died it honor of your epic struggle with Leo in the handicap. I told them maybe after you battle it out with Leo for the GAH this year.

Next time you buy lunch...

As with anything that occurs sometimes it just isn't as "seamless" as we would like and we remain open to suggestions for improvements or concerns. Contact either me or Harv as you see fit.

Foggy, you can stay at my house if you ever get up this way for a shoot! SAme with you Jack.

Good shooting John!

Hats off to both Katie and Adam Clayton, two of my shooters that won Jr. And Sub-Jr. Imagine being on a Squad with LH III and being 97 straight? Talk about pressure. They gave up their Zone shoot and Adam gave up a BB game to shoot on the squad with Leo! The juniors were on cloud nine being on the squad with him...

Thanks to all of the shooters that participated. Look forward to seeing you again. Rick Gibbs

9. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Thanks to the folks at DGSC.

Had a great time and a perfect day. I'll be back again. Nice club.

10. Harv Shell

Harv Shell Well-Known Member

We cashiered 101 shooters, a great turnout on an almost perfect weather day.
    I'll try to get the results posted tomorrow. Harv.

11. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

July 12 and 13.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.