1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Just got an A-10 American

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cgrim9, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cgrim9

cgrim9 Member

Just got an a10 american shotgun. The standard model. Beautiful gun. Shoots very well. Also got it at the introductory price.

2. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

ok--get your PIX posted? What did you buy? 12/20?

3. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Welcome to the ever growing community of CSMC loyal.

best...mike

4. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

OK, whats an A-10? 1ot

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Wart Hogs for trap?? Those oughta wurk!! Hap

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

1ot,

A-10 made by CSMC. This picture is their highest grade version with laser engravings.

The standard version was a true bargain at their introduction prices.

stevew_2008_03038.jpg

A hybrid of very close copy of Beretta 680 series gun with simplified sidelocks. Although they like to compare A-10 to SO6, but it's not a fair statement.

7. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Steve,

I haven't seen CSMC compare the A-10 to the SO series, but why isn't it a fair comparison? It's a better comparison than to the 68x series. The A-10 has true side locks and a Greener type cross bolt. Isn't that the same type of lock as the SO?

I don't know how they stand up to each other as far as finish and quality, but at least on basic design, I think it's a fair comparison. That's not to say the A-10 is on par with the SO. It's just a basic "feature" comparison.

CSMC also has three grades for the A-10 now; Standard, Deluxe Grade (+$1K) and Platinum Edition (+$8,5K). At least that's what they have on the order form. They also show a Rose and Scroll design on the A-10 home page.

It's a really intriguing gun and I would love to shoot one.

8. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

The A10 does not have the Greener cross bolt. It has the same lock up system as 680.

9. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Charlie, here's another A-10 Deluxe with Exhibition grade straight grip wood. The pins have pop-up covers and screw out, allowing both side plates to be easily removed. Fit & finish are exceptional, and the gun handles & shoots well. Like my RBL Launch edition, I ordered, paid, up front, and waited a year for delivery.

Best...mike

mikepoore_2008_270832.jpg

mikepoore_2008_270831.jpg

mikepoore_2008_270830.jpg

mikepoore_2008_270829.jpg

10. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

I stand corrected.

11. cgrim9

cgrim9 Member

Yeah, the gun I got is just the standard model, but it has all the same functionality as the platinum. I would say the gun is better than the beretta. I own a beretta, not the sidelock though, and they are great guns, but I believe that your paying for the name. Paying $25000 on a gun, that's ridiculous. I could buy a really nice car for that kind of money. I believe the a10 delivers the same quality for a cheaper price. You get a lot of gun for the money. The a10 just shows how overpriced the berettas, merkels, and purdeys are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.