1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Just dropped some $ on Timney's website

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by handlepuller, Oct 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Just bought a trigger fix kit for my 870 Super Slug and two drop-in triggers for a couple of my AR rifles. Really looking forward to getting these babies for an upcoming prairie dog shoot and MN deer season!

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I have one of his triggers in my AR10. It is an excellent trigger, but I kind of have the "willies" about their method of locking the trigger unit in place. Instead of the pins being held captive by the hammer and trigger springs, they use two set screws to sort of "wedge" the unit against the pins. Having said that, they have not worked loose yet. The ones for the AR15s may be different. Good luck.

Bob Falfa

I know Allen has long since left for the eternal trap range, but I always enjoyed visiting with him and admired his work. He was one of the first vendors I called when I started out in '91. We are diminished by his loss.

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Let us know how the AR trigger works out. I have read some complaints that their trigger pull is way too long for accurate shooting. I bought a Chip McCormick trigger and had the same complaint. As a pot shooter for whom an overshoot means bye-bye my trigger finger is very sensitive. I made McCormick take back that trigger twice, which they did graciously, until I was satisfied with it. Now it is SWEET.

4. handlepuller

I don't do anything too fancy with the ARs, just wanted to tighten the groups up a little. Anything has to be better than what's in them now.

I'll give an update once I get them in and shoot them. Most of the reviews were favorable but one or two did mention the set screws.

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Al was a friend of mine and a genius at release triggers. He set up Remington 3200's double release with the options of pull-pull, release-release, release-pull, or pull-release. You could also chose which barrel shot first, unlike many trigger guys today, bottom always first. He is missed.

6. mooster1223

mooster1223 Member

The Timney and McCormick triggers are definitely a step up from the mil spec triggers in an AR.

If you want top of the line, get yourself a Geissele...

7. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I have a Timney in my Stag. Its about 4.5 lbs. No creep and very very little over travel. Its a lot better than the 2 stage that came in the gun even though it was a competition 2 stage. It has 2 set screws and 2 more to lock them. No problems yet.

8. handlepuller

I received the kits, very quickly I might add, and installed the triggers. The difference is night and day in the ARs and a huge improvement in the 870.

Installation was easy, Very good directions.

I'm pleased with them for sure.

9. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

When I built my AR lower I used a Stag Arms lower kit and I switched out the hammer and trigger springs for the 3.5 lb. spring kit from JP Enterprises. I was amazed what an excellent trigger pull this turned out to be. Not much money but excellent results and cheap. The trigger pull is crisp with no creep. I don't use a 2 stage trigger and I have a lot more money in my pocket without having to buy a custom trigger. I read somewhere on the Internet and many recommended the Stag Arms for an excellent trigger and disconnector. BT100dc

10. handlepuller

Shot two deer with the 870 today. I LOVE this trigger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.