1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

JUST BOUGHT SHOT- WOW!!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mike c, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike c

mike c TS Member

Well I went to my supplier Saturday and got 12 bags of hard shot. $30.29/bag.
    I can't go much higher -- can it?
    MC

2. incognito

incognito TS Member

Prepare now. By next summer it will hit $50 a bag, maybe more.

3. smartass

smartass TS Member

I sure wish I could predict the future like Incognito. I'll bet he/she is very wealthy because of such predictive powers. I'm in awe of such greatness.

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have my doubts that anyone would of ever predicted that shot would be $30 plus dollars per 25#'s, based on that anything can happen and probably will ... Hell, Gas is over $3.00 per gallon around here, who'd of thunk ...??? WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. incognito

incognito TS Member

I've been telling people that gas was too cheap for years. What I didn't see were the huge profits by the oil companies, so I didn't buy stock. Just because prices are going to go up doesn't mean there is always profit to be made, unless you own a warehouse and can store the stuff, which I don't. Oh, and if you want another prediction.... The price of any food made primarily with corn is going to double by next summer.... Not voodoo, just common sense and an understanding of economics.

6. smartass

smartass TS Member

Yea, that and a big load of arrogance and BS.

7. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

I prefer 8 shot the 7 1/2 shot, how about you? RG

8. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

So, a bottle of water costs a buck; that $8.00 a gallon for something that does not have to be pumped out of the ground half way around the world, refined, and delivered. And water is free. What am I missing? Other than people who call themselves Anonymous or Incognito are hiding behind the internet acting like they know everything.

9. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Mainly because all the corn grown will go to make fuel for the cars. Theres already a shortage for consumption. Big article in the papers about this.

10. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

Here is a 5 year chart that shows the price of lead on the commodities market.

With China and India developing their economies and the rest of the world in economic recovery, the supply of lead is under pressure.

The good news is that there is a lot of lead in the world and with these kind of prices, more mining operations will come on-line.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

11. mirage1

mirage1 Member

Has anyone done any serious trapshooting with steel shot? If so, what
    have you learned?

Joe

12. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

I think there is a time the shooter says "ENOUGH." We might be approaching that for many, and for some the time has already come. It is not that I can't afford $30.00 a bag for shot, it is the idea that I think I am getting ripped off! I will not and have not bought any shot when it hit that price.

I buy hand-pored shot from a friend for half the price of new and I am a Wolf shot shell distributor, so I find different ways to keep from paying these rip off prices. But the well is drying up. The person I buy the shot from says he might have to quit making it because it cost to much to do it anymore. Wolf ammunition went from $38.00 a flat to $44.00 a flat in one order. That is ordering by the semi truck load, so I told them to keep them, and I would not order anymore unless the price came way down.

I have started shooting smaller gauges to minimize some costs at trap, and I must say, have had a ball doing it. But, there still comes a time when I will say enough is enough.

Personally, I have already boycotted buying new shot and it seems new ammunition too! So I may be not far from the many that has gone on to find other things to do with their time.

Mark Rounds

13. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

With the high price of all our components, plus the high cost of travel, shooting fees, etc.........We may have to cut back.

Instead of 100 bird programs, shoot 50 bird programs. Immediate savings of 1/2 of your component and entry fees.

Just an idea, not saying I endorse it, but it is another way of looking at trying to stay in the game.

Hauxfan!

14. pdq

pdq Member

The last time I reloaded was 25 years ago, when a bag of shot was $16.00.

If you compound that price year over year based on a 4% inflation rate, it is equal to paying $41 today, so not surprising that prices are starting to move over $30.

Pete

15. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Last week Gander Mtn. in TX was $34.99 a bag.

16. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Tell me again why we're not going to 7/8 ounce (24 grms) maximum loads like they use in international trap.

17. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

I just made 400 lbs yesterday. Got it in the tumbler getting polished and graphited right now. Cost me about 3 bucks a bag.

Jim

18. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jim what unit are you making shot with?

19. johara1

johara1 TS Member

i just called the local yard to see what they would pay for clean lead.$.05 a pound,now not a $1.05...............we are getting the shaft!!!! jim

20. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Wheel weights and a littleton shot maker.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.