1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

just bought a UGB 25!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by st8shuter, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. st8shuter

st8shuter TS Member

I've shot everything else, might a well give this one a try, will keep all posted

2. rebelace

rebelace TS Member

have you shot it yet if so how do you like it

3. st8shuter

st8shuter TS Member

will shoot it sunday, awesome wood!!!!!, its certainly different, oh well will see if i can keep up my 98 average

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I think that you're going to need a third arm transplanted somewhere in order to put the thing together. I've had a few in my shop already and I'm a bit perplexed. Not super difficult, but awkward none the less.

5. st8shuter

st8shuter TS Member

its taken a couple days but i've gotten the hang of it, the secret is to give the toggle a slight pull and it extends quite a bit further, then the pin can be depressed. Will get better with practice,

6. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

SORRY!

7. Frye

Frye TS Member

I haven't seen one of these one the line yet.
    They look... "interesting".. I'd like to hear how you do with it.

8. st8shuter

st8shuter TS Member

thank you for the kind choice of words (interesting)
    I will give everyone an honest full report, I'm not biased because i own it and will provide potential buyers with my likes and dislikes. no bs.
    I thought for sure i would get more responses like my brother's second cousin knew i guy who's friend had one............etc.
    change is inevitable!!!!! what is new eventually becomes old.
    could you imagine handing a k80 trap special to someone shooting in the early 1900's? but i guess we don't wear ties when we shoot any more either.
    in short let personal experience outweigh rumors and speculation
    jc

9. ec90t

ec90t Guest

st8shuter,

I would like to hear of your personal experience with the Uggie. This gun intrigues me to no end. I'm looking forward to your evaluation!

ec90t

10. st8shuter

st8shuter TS Member

right now I'm very impressed with stock design. It incorporates several features off the shelf which for others must be added later.

length of pull- can be changed in seconds and comes with washers of different thickness to achieve desired length, the PITCH can be adjusted here as well

Pad position- Simply loosening one fixture the pad position can be changed from toe in to toe, pad height/up and down, as well as cast in/out

The only thing i'm not to crazy about is the beretta adj, comb hardware, although I never have liked it often opting for a graco replacement.

11. Frye

Frye TS Member

LOL.. I hope you didn't take offense to my comment. That certainly wasn't my intent. What I've seen of these guns does interest me... I'm curious to hear what you think of it once you try it out.

Frye

12. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

I've been shooting one of these guns since last winter. They are terrific shooters. I even bought skeet and IC chokes and have shot skeet and sporting clays with the gun. Works great---minimal recoil--great for trap doubles--can be fitted to anyone---and stays CLEAN by being short recoil operated and not gas!

13. alabamahunter

alabamahunter TS Member

I shot one at the Grand this year and loved it. Ran 25 straight the very first round I ever shot it. It was the sweetest shooting gun I have ever shot. I'm very interested to see what you think of it, and hope you will keep us posted on how it holds up over time. I would have considered purchasing one, but don't have the money to spend on a gun that has not yet proven itself to stand the test of time.

14. Baber

Baber TS Member

I have shot bunker with one and found it to be great. Its the only Auto I would ever allow on a Bunker Field.

TB

15. Bunkershooter1

Bunkershooter1 TS Member

Would they happen to make a left handed model?

16. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm a lefty and the gun is easier for a southpaw to use then for a right handed shooter. The break open lever is on the left side and is a natural for a southpaw. It's a bit awkward for a right handed shooter to reach over and open the gun.

17. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Bunkershooter1,

The Uggie is also a bottom dumper as well. The empties just land a couple of feet in front of you.

ec90t

18. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Leo shot his UGB for some practice rounds at the Grand this year and felt very comfortable with it. However...if it aint broke, don't fix it......so he will continue to shoot his Beretta DT10 for the time being.

19. ec90t

ec90t Guest

trapwife,

Leo shoots that DT-10 pretty darn well. Lol. No need to change a thing!

ec90t

20. Chester White

Chester White Member

Karla, can you add to what you said about Leo and the DT10? Do all the barrels on his DT10 have choke tubes? I understand he shoots the top barrel of the O/U for singles. He has said, "Any choke is good as long as it is Full." Does he use a full choke for singles? The same choke for handicap? Does he change the comb height for doubles or handicap? Is he using Beretta hardware for the comb? I can't believe it will hold up for multiple changes very long.

A Leo Harrison fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.