1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

JUST BOUGHT A MX2005

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by OPUSX, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OPUSX

OPUSX Member

This is my first Perazzi and I had a maintenence question. The book clearly shows how to change the trigger springs but does not show how to change the firing pins. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

opusx

2. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Enjoy the gun.

As for the firing pins you'll probably won't have the need to change them for a long long time. If you do have someone who has experience in doing this show you how. It is simple but if you've never done it before you'll be amazed at the distance some of those small parts can travel under spring pressure, never to be found again.

The first time I did it was a minor disaster and I certainly can't describe it in this forum.

Smash Em,

Jerry

3. OPUSX

OPUSX Member

4. mono1393

mono1393 Member

CYBERBULLIES!!!!!

5. mono1393

mono1393 Member

CYBERBULLIES!!!!!

6. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Did you know that laws are being put in the books that outlaw "cyberbullying or e-bullying" in many states! Be careful here you big, bad cyberbullies.

7. OPUSX

OPUSX Member

I am very happy with my new Perazzi. I could have bought anything out there but I chose the Perazzi for a variety of reasons, fit, balance, etc. price was not an issue nor was the maintenence they require. I was just trying to be pro-active and figure the firing pin thing out before I had to deal with it. The guys that bad mouth the high-end guns such as Perazzi,Kolar,Kreighoff,Seitz etc. do not bother me a bit and I rarely finish reading their post if it is negative....they are just jealous they can't afford one.

opusx

8. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

My perazzi firing pin lasted around 9 years, with about 100,000 rds thru it. Just have Giacomo look at it at some big shoot in 7 or 8 years.

9. lakecrisco

lakecrisco TS Member

Rick Johnson

The reason Perazzi parts have to be hand fitted, is because no two parts are the same size..LOL.......Shoot what you like, but I only ask, that you ask some of the bigger gunsmiths what they have to repair more of, and why. Don't take my word for nothing, use your own inquisitive mind, and find out the answer

I suppose that a timex is better than a hand fitted Swiss clock right? Perazzi, Krieghoff...any high end gun manufacturer 'hand fits'their guns to achieve very tight tolerances....not because the parts do not match or that they are inferior. Also, you can bet your rear end that the higher end Berettas are indeed hand fitted.

10. lakecrisco

lakecrisco TS Member

Rick Johnson

The reason Perazzi parts have to be hand fitted, is because no two parts are the same size..LOL.......Shoot what you like, but I only ask, that you ask some of the bigger gunsmiths what they have to repair more of, and why. Don't take my word for nothing, use your own inquisitive mind, and find out the answer

I suppose that a timex is better than a hand fitted Swiss clock right? Perazzi, Krieghoff...any high end gun manufacturer 'hand fits'their guns to achieve very tight tolerances....not because the parts do not match or that they are inferior. Also, you can bet your rear end that the higher end Berettas are indeed hand fitted.

11. lakecrisco

lakecrisco TS Member

That must be why they stamp the 'engraving' on your Beretta....;)

Just don't try to sell that thing.

12. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Rick, interesting that Ken Hurst stated he'd much rather engrave my Super x1 receiver than my Perazzi as the Perazzi was much harder....

I think your pissing into the wind over nothing. equal $ for $ Beretta's and Perazzi's are world renown for their quality.

Jim

13. Jerry944t

Rick, I'm wondering why you feel the need to try and rain on someones parade?

Please, we Perazzi owners would like to be happy in our ignorance. All this time I thought I had purchased a superior shotgun and yet, horrors to horror, I once had to replace a hammer spring which took about 3 minutes to accomplish.

That couldn't compare to the time I owned a Beretta EELL and the rib flew off in the middle of a good round of handicap or the time the triggger ceased to function. Those took a bit longer to repair than the hammer spring on my soft, hand fitted, beacuse all the parts are different, Perazzi.

They both are excellent guns and I have owned both. I'll stick with the Perazzi but I certainly won't belittle Beretta owners.

Smash em,

Jerry

14. lumper

lumper TS Member

Mr Opus ... from one cigar smoker to another ... if your an Opus and Perazzi man than you dont need to worry about changing springs or firing pins. Go out and get another exact duplicate of your gun and whenever anything more than a general cleaning is needed send it off and have it done for you while you shoot the back-up gun.

Just leapfrog the guns back and forth and you will never have to worry about changing springs or pins.

15. OPUSX

OPUSX Member

lumper....that is the best advice I have received so far, and it's like they say.....if you have the means I highley recommend it. Thanks for all your feedback and please don't continue to feed this beretta guy he does not know what he is missing.

p.s. lumper let me know when you are going to a big shoot and I will bring plenty of opusx cigars and we will laugh at this guy together.

opusx

16. lumper

lumper TS Member

That would all depend on the age of them ... I'm currently working on 6 & 7 yr old stock. I cant even remember what any with less than 2 yrs taste like. But ya know ... I much prefer and enjoy a good ole Padron Delicias, Londres or Ambassador if given the choice.

17. Jerry944t

Fair enough Rick. I will tell you that I shoot with a squad that shoots probably 6000 registered targets a year and probably 4 times that much if you include practice, league and fun shoots.

I also shoot with guys who own Kriegoffs, Berettas, Brownings and Ljutics. Breakdown on all of these guns are rare but they all, being mechanical devices, eventually fair and that includes the Perazzis.

That being said I have also seen that most of the other brands need a good smith when a problem occurs except the Perazzis which are almost always field repairable.

To say one brand is "better" than the others is a personal bias which you admitted. I think they are all excellent and the choice is personal preference. I don't dislike other guns I just prefer my RS2000.

Cheers,

Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.