1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Just Bought a Blaser Combo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Blaser Combo Owners do your serial numbers on Barrells match your reciever?

All 3 serial numbers on mine do not match, Reciever has one ser# and each Bbl is different.

But gun is almost new, w/factory fitted case.

I have seen this on K-80s Reciever and Bbls.

My CG had one Bbl match the reciever but o/u was different.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

But all your "buddies" were having so many issues with their Blaser's that they sold them? So you bought a combo, WT.?

ss

3. Dr.Longshot

Short Shucker, yep they were, and this one also has Allem's Double Release trigger. I shot it for the first time 3 hours after I bought it, and it shoots just like my old CG which impressed me, will shoot doubles with it at Middletown plus a handicap or two to see how it works out, You never know what can happen.

POI is what made my mind up for me, just went through 2 Ljutic PRO-3s and and my
    old KX-5, and a custom BT-99 w/Devault Rib, and Precisuion Fit Stock, It did shoot high enough, but did not like the feel of the PFS.

I balanced out the Blaser w/ the factory Balancing Weights.

Seems like it will be OK, Time will tell, and hope I have no problems with it.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. Eric XT

Eric XT TS Member

I was looking at a Blaser combo and the dealer told me the numbers will be different on the receiver and barrels from the factory. So it's normal.

5. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Gary:

I've given you a lot of grief for some of your posts over time, but I just want to say, I'm a bit envious.

I'm glad you bought this gun, and it seems you are buying and selling, trying new things all the time. You really do enjoy the game and all the other things related to it. Good luck w/ the Blaser and whatever comes next.

6. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I always wondered what would happen if God himself called a Trapshooting meeting and declared....OK...Here it is.... ONE Trap gun or combo per person, no exceptions, choose what you wish, no more!

Could we do it?... Maybe shoot a lot better???

Regards....Gerald

7. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I have purchased many trap combo's over the years, including a Blaser and I have found the ones I kept the longest are the guns I shot the best. Go figure!

8. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Again.. why not just call Blaser and ask. That way you have the correct info in stead of what someone told you.

9. Dr.Longshot

FlaLagarto, Why call Blaser when I have one in my hand? Other Blaser owners know first hand, so who better to ask than the owners themselves.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. Dr.Longshot

I called Dawson's and the mixed serial numbers are standard.

That would be hell on an insurance claim if stolen.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

11. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

From Blaser, the serial #'s will not match. In Germany the barrels are serialized by law and in the USA th receivers are matched by law.

12. il shooter

il shooter Member

What troubles have you been haveing with BLASER ?

13. Dr.Longshot

None on mine yet, but others have had problems.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

14. Dr.Longshot

One thing I find is it has in stock balancing weights, I adjusted them to get the gun to balance at the hinge pin, and their is a weight for the un-single top Bbl, and Blaser is sending me the extended pins, or longer pins for the comb and the weights for the side of the Bbls behind the forearm.

This gun balances better than I could have dreamed about, and the POI is phenomanol at least 120% high.

First time shooting before tuning the gun in, shot a 24/25 from the 27 yd line
    w/ 1 ounce loads, which I don't normally shoot, I had one box loaded up w/Promo Powder 19 grs.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

15. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Well with shooting that good .. I expect we'll see you at Mo Fall Handicap taking home all the money.

PS. Who better to ask.. DUH, the company who made it !!

16. skydiver41

skydiver41 Member

Dr. Longshot, I am currently shooting a Browning but coveting the Blaser combo. I have access to a demo gun but haven't yet had a chance to try it out. Could you describe what kinds of problems your buds have had with theirs and if they were with the older model or the newer Mark 2 model? Thanks

Michael Brown

17. Dr.Longshot

The best person to ask is SMSNYDER about his problems w/the Blaser. A friend had problems w/the Allems Release trigger, sent it back 3-4 times, finally had a Pat McCarthy release installed at the Grand.

Mine has the Allems Double release, and no problems so far, I have the 32" and 34" Combo all w/tubes.

I am Impressed with the Weight balancing system.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

18. Dr.Longshot

I got the longer comb posts from Blaser yesterday, installed them last night and got the sight picture I needed, this morning I patterned it on the pattern board and it shoots 15" inches high at 38 yards, I'd like it to be 3" inches higher, but I have to have the sight picture I am accustomed to for the last 40+ years. All I can say it is working OK for me.

I would like one of the small front sights that Chris Vendel sells, it has a screw just like the Kreighoffs that holds the sight on the rib. It is 1/8th
    inch White Bead, I'd like the 1/16th small one, that is flat on the Bbl.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

19. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

I also got a Blaser Combo recently from one of our TS members. Had it converted back to pull/pull with all new parts from Blaser. Fantastic trigger, and dynamics.

Not one problem; love the weight system; scores improving because the beads now stack for me and I can easily adjust the POI.

Next year I will be looking for a 30" Super Sport for skeet and sporting clays.

Dave

20. Dr.Longshot

Dave I will use my 32" inch O/U Bbls for sporting clays.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.