1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Just an Introduction

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by NANK, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NANK

NANK TS Member

Just wanted to introduce my self. New to trap shooting. Shoot at Redlands and Morongo. Been taking lessons, have a BT 99 on order, recommendation from my instructor. Great information on this site. Thanks.

Ken Nankivell

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I just bought my first BT-99 Ken. I'm a pot shooter. I missed my first two shots, centered the third and have shot it well since. Just remember it may not fit you as received.

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Ken,

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you are starting this shooting thing like we all should have.

Just remember, keep your head high and watch higher. It gets a little deep around here at times.

ss

4. NANK

NANK TS Member

Thanks for the welcome. I have been learning with an 1100, doing okay I am told, 23 out of 25 first time on 16.Ordered the 99 with an adjustable comb,hoping to get it to fit better than the loaner gun. Seems I made a good choice for my first trap gun, even at $1200 new. Any pointers are welcome, lots to learn.

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Now take $1,200 more and buy ammo for that BT, shoot that up and come back and let us know how much fun you had.... enjoy, but fair warning, it is addictive.

6. NANK

NANK TS Member

Thanks for the encouragement. Halfway to the $1200.00 for ammo, will take me a while to learn. Having a great time so far. Mostly working on my foot position and keeping my head down and watching the bird. What I said earlier about 23/25 sounded a little like I was bragging, was not at all, just was surprised I did that, I didn't know any better and just kept my head down. We will see how it goes next time. What books should I be reading on instruction? I want to learn, but not get too much information too quickly. Thanks again for the help.

7. Squeal

Squeal Member

Video by Phil Kiner

8. fracdog

fracdog TS Member

Make plans for the state shoot in June, you will have a good time and learn what this sport is all about.

9. GoldTrigger

GoldTrigger Member

Ken, I am fairly new at this myself, Less than 2 years. Take my word for it there are some really great folks at trap shoots around the country. Just enjoy shooting and make friends........

10. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

The CA state champ runs Redlands. Hang around him for some advice and pointers.

11. TC

TC TS Member

Welcome Ken, have fun. Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.