1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Just a teaser on a new stock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

I just wanted to post a little teaser that my Crew is working on. The picturers are of a Browning 525 20ga stock. The wood was supplied by Mike Mann Burl Myrtle. The accents are actual Black Ebony. It is still in the rough and the forend has not been turned yet but will have the Ebony in it as well. Next wek it will be on to checkering and then the spray room. I know that this is way out in left field but then again I am an abnormal person as has been indicated on this site before. Just wanted to show another job by the Crew. As always thank you for taking a look and I will post the finished photos when the gun is complete.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. roofcutter1

roofcutter1 TS Member

Dennis, left field looks pretty sweet! Nice job!!! Bob M....

3. gotbass

gotbass Member

Holy Smoke! Sweet. Mike Ralston

4. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Dennis,

Now that's what I call non-traditional!

Mike Mann

5. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Love the wood, appreciate the skill required for the inlays, but too much "BLING" for me. Perhaps if I took my old Roy Rogers uniform out of mothballs-----Hhmm.

Seriously, nice work, I just like a more simple, elegant look. Marc

6. capvan

capvan Active Member

Each to his own, but I just don't like it. Nice craftmanship, however...

cap

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I won't even begin to ask how y'all did the inlay work. Dennis make sure that crew of yours never forgets how to approach the same ole, same ole in an entirely different direction. I love the work y'all do!

ss

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I appreciate the work that goes into something so unique but i just don't think i could learn to like it. Very original. Thanks for sharing.

9. MKillian

MKillian TS Member

I'd like to see a pistol grip cap and a butt cap done in that black ebony connected to the stock wood with small (maybe 3/8 or smaller) dovetails proportioned to the thickness of the ebony.

Mike K

10. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

As always this is the feed back I was looking for. Some will like the look some will not. Now and then you have to let the Crew unleash their wild side and that is what has been done here. I will show the finished product in about a week and again thank you for the comments.

Dennis DeVault

11. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Just an idea, but what if you inlaid only the checkered areas? Possibly the non-checkered scroll work that goes through some checkering? And, is black the only color on inlay possible?

As usual, extraodinary work Dennis. Congrats!

milt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.