1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Just a Heads Up!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BMC, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMC

BMC Member

Just a Heads Up!!!

My GF who works at Walmart called me this morning from work and told me they were given the price increases this morning. The four packs (100) such as the Feds and Win Universals as of today are going up six dollars to $21 per four box case. The others such as the STS, Win, Fed single boxes on display are going up $2 bucks. That puts many of those single boxes at around $8 or $9 per box. We knew it was coming, but kinda stings hearing the real numbers. And this is only the first price hike. #2 hike will be after the first of the year, probably about late february since it takes WM a few months to catch up. $10 and $12 a box could be right around the corner. Back to reloading.
    THIS SUCKS

2. grammie

grammie TS Member

How many targets will you shoot when shells are 10 per box and targets 35/100?????

I asked this question more than 5 years ago,,,and have asked many,many times since!!!!

All of you had your own private thoughts about my opinions,,and many had public things to say about my opinons!!!!!

You all laughed and joked and had a "grand" time!!!!! Now we shall see.....

AKA Grammie...........

3. BMC

BMC Member

Grammie you said what I was thinking after I wrote that post. Lets just say the cheapies would now be $7+ per box, with tax maybe closer to $8. Four boxes at $32. $35 bucks for registered 100 targets (which is what ours is here for the first 100 target event). Not counting anything else, just under $70 bucks to shoot a one hundred target event. Your question will be one a lot of folks will start asking themselves soon. I already have. I won't pay out 80 bucks in costs to shoot 100 singles. Screw that.

4. grammie

grammie TS Member

BMC:

Be aware,,,,,I saw this coming a long time ago,,,,,,most on this site are blind as bats!!! It was as clear as looking in the mirror!!!

There will be ups and downs,,,,,But a "global" run on all natural resources is going on,,,and this is still just the beginning!!!!!

Just the beginning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AKA Grammie............

5. grammie

grammie TS Member

Ohh,,I forgot!!! Do not forget,,if the Dems win,,,there will be a tax on every single shell sold,,,about another nickel per shell,,,plus,,there will be the new "green laws",,and emission laws,,and that also includes lead being dumped on the ground from shooting.....

Plus,,,,a huge personal tax increase,,and a real killer of a business tax also!!!

You know what the slang word for "fornication" is,,,,,Well sir,,,,thats us!!! Were're ^&%$@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AKA Grammie...........

6. tj303

tj303 Member

Grammie,,, lead prices have fallen 33% in the last sixty days!!!! Warehouse inventory of lead has doubled in sixty days!!! Supply and demand says lead will continue to fall!!! What is it like to live 'knowing' the sky is falling???

7. grammie

grammie TS Member

tj303:

Just another child,,,a little boy that hasen't yet figured out what makes the world turn!!!!! I am talking about "down the road" not tommorow which seems to be as far as you can think...

Yes,,lead may fall,,,same as orange juice or coffee or oil for that matter!!! What about another 5 years from now,,,how about another 10 years???? You think lead will be down then too,,,,you think shell prices are going to drop 3 dollars per box???? You have a lesson coming...........But you believe whatever you want,,makes no matter to me...................

But,,,,,they don't announce new prices and then bring them right down..I am suprised you haven't learned that yet.....

Plus,,there is an election coming,,,,,and the new taxes will drive even more shooters away!!! And what then???? Well sonny,,,Clubs won't be able to pay the bills,,,,and what then???? Well child,,,the doors close,,,FOR GOOD!!!! And then it won't matter what shell prices are...........

AKA Grammie..........

8. tj303

tj303 Member

Grammie,,,you have made this old bald business owner with a degree in economics smile. Thank you for providing the entertainment!!! Have a great day and let's hope that the sky stays up!!!

9. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

just bought 50 flats at $42.50 a flat. hope i didn't pay to much.

10. NintyT

NintyT Member

I think it was 1972 when my father talked like Grammie. Here it is, 35 years later and he's still shooting.

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Economic ructions are no fun. There are still a lot of high powered folks in the world who want to bring US citizens down to the level of the rest of the workers in the world.

There success is not instantly visible, but consider this: In 1937 my father bought a new Ford, big motor, radio, gas heater, the works. He was making 50 a week as a crane operator.

The car cost 500 dollars, or roughly ten weeks salary.

How many of you out there can make enough in ten weeks to pay for a new car?

HM

12. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I,m shooting till I run out of money!!!

13. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I got a heads up today that shot prices will be falling about 25% for my gun club. Will just have to wait and see when.

14. incognito

incognito TS Member

HM,

Even a base model car today is safer, cheaper to operate, and has many more options than a '37 Ford. You can still buy a new Chevy Aveo under $10,000, and a very nice car for $20,000. People who spend more than that just have extra money to burn. So, I would assume that if a person can afford to shoot, they "could" pay for a new car with 10 weeks pay. I make just under $2000 a week, so I could pay for about a $20,000 car in 10 weeks, and someone making 1/2 that ($1,000/week) could pay for a $10,000 car. If you are making under $50,000 year, maybe you should re-think shooting as a hobby?

Concerning the cost, I was shooting NSSA skeet 10 years ago and was paying $50/100 for targets, plus shells at the big shoots. It was not uncommon to spend $70/100 including the price of shells, and if you shot the entire program it was that times five ($350). That was at the same time that skeet was gaining popularity. So the price of trap isn't a big issue to people who are serious about shooting. American Trap is still the cheapest shotgun game on the block.

15. BMC

BMC Member

Correction, this evening she said the four packs of Win/Fed/Rem are now $23.50

16. stickbird

stickbird TS Member

I went yesterday to see if they had any at the old price to buy and the 4 packs were 23.50 and they still had the federals at the old price so I bought those.
    I wasn't expecting that big a price increase on the 4 packs?
    I also noticed that at another walmart they only had steel shot and very few lead shot shells and they were the premuium shells I don't normally buy.
    I was surprised because they normally carry allot by the flats?

Jim White

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.