1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Just a couple of fun PICS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JACK, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Showing a TS.Com guy the problem with old P cases and newer P stocks. But added in a couple of artifacts for viewing. Here is the gun in case shoeing that the late model buttstock is too big for the case without collapsing the adjustments.
    mia_2008_0303314.jpg
    And on the left is a C.L.Allen decoy from the late 60's or so. He was a Delaware River carver. Behind that is a Salesmans sample of AA ammo. I tried to sell it here about a year or two ago, but the know-everything guys ate me up.
    [​IMG]
    And this one on the left is a few of my odd decorative calls and a Haertel shorebird. This little bird's value is north of 2 grand.
    [​IMG]

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

and what's the gun, partially hidden by the fireplace facad? Funny looking forend wood.

Ed Yanchok

We also have a couple of haertel's birds at our house.

3. JACK

Wow Ed. I have about 6 and feel very fortunate. They continue to escalate in value regardless of the recession.

That is a sporting 303. F/S at $550. NIce gun for the AIM and SCTP programs as a beginning gun. I have about 6 or 7 of these beginner guns going up for sale next week.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Jack--Can you elaborate on the Old case/stock issue?? I have the same type case for my Beretta 682 and have been thinking of getting a different one. Do they in some way cause damage??

Matt

5. bigking

bigking Member

Mia would you put pics for 303 sporting up interested.

6. JACK

Matt. stocks keep gtting biggere. and the buttstock cavity is smaller. Perazzi especially.

beretta to a lesser degree.

so these older cases are designed for the original stocks AND not designed for
    contraptions or fo rguys that want to move the butt pad down. It just pays to keep this in mind when you feel you need a new case. If I get some time, I'll take some pics of my cases wiht guns andthat should add some tech data to the deal.

J

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

MIA--I appreciate the reply and understand what your saying. I have one of those said contraptions on my gun and was my reason for searching for a new case. Now my gun fits its current case ok but i worry about the level of protection it offers.

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.