1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jury Duty, the final verdict...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by ysr_racer, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Jury Duty, the final verdict...

I just spent the last three and a half weeks on a gut wrenching jury. As a responsible gun owner, this case was very important to me.

On one hand I wanted to make sure that criminals that use guns illegally are punished. On the other hand I wanted to make sure that if the Defendant used a gun to legally protect himself, he didn't get punished.

Here's the setup:

The Defendant is a crack head, minus 1, but he has a Jewish lawyer, back up to 0. The Prosecuting Attorney was an annoying woman (and I'm a misogynist) minus 1, but she had big cans, back up to 0.

No advantage given, none taken. This case would be decided by the facts, and the facts alone.

We (the Jury) sat thru two weeks of testimony from cops, robbers, and crack heads. Some of the criminals showed up to court in prison jumpsuits, hands handcuffed to their sides, legs shackled, covered with tattoos and scars. Some of them were admitted killers.

When my wife asked me if I was scared, I said "Hell yes, these are scary people". When she said, "What about the women", I replied, "Those are the women".

While most of my friends get up in the morning and go to work, these guys get up at the crack of 11:00am, smoke meth, smoke weed, then spend the rest of the day figuring out who they can rob or what they can steal, to get more meth and weed.

When we got into the Jury Room after all the testimony was heard, we were 10 to 2 in favor of Murder 1.

After some discussion it was apparent that one woman was a left-wing, liberal, piece of crap. She couldn't tell us why she didn't want to vote for Murder 1, all she could tell us was "she had feeling". After all 11 of us repeatedly asked her "what evidence pointed to anything other than Murder 1", all she could tell us was "I have a feeling".

We finally had to tell the Judge we were deadlocked on Murder 1, and the DA took it off the table.

I was pissed, so pissed I was shaking. After being held hostage by this woman for two days we begrudgingly voted for Murder 2, but not until I told her that she was the problem with America, not the Defendant.

The final dagger in my heart came when one of the cops told me after the trial that the guy that was the "lookout" got Murder 1 (in a different trial), but we just gave "the shooter" Murder 2.

I know some of my liberal friends think that if President Osama had just raised our taxes a little more, or if the government had just given away more free crap, this kid would have been farting rainbows and selling Girl Scout cookies. But in the end when he pulled the trigger (twice), he washed his hands and sealed his fate.

To quote Judge Smails from Caddyshack, "I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it to them".

2. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Hung jury and a retrial might have been a better option. The liberal POS woman should be outed. And explained to the Judge why it was a hung jury.

Chuck

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Pretty hard to find 12 or 13 good quality jurers for a trial that lasts three and a half weeks. I'm curious, why would the trial take THAT long?

4. Mr.Saris

Mr.Saris Member

The situation was obviously difficult....to say the least. But your description and humor gave me a much needed belly laugh!!!! Thanks!

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I've been on 4 juries. Never anything as serious as a murder trial, hope I'm never on another jury of any kind. Thanks for your service.

Old Cowboy, I can tell you why trials take so long in my county anyway. Jurors are required to be in jury room at 7am sharp and don't be late or you will PO judge and he will hang you if late. Why you have to be there so early is a mystery because court never started before 9:30am. 15 minutes of trial then it is break time which last an hour. Then back to court for 20 minutes of trial then it is lunchtime. Baliff takes you to local dinner across from courthouse for 2 hour lunch. Then back to trial for 30 minutes of testimony, which puts you near 3pm which is close enough to quitting time. Then judge reminds you to be back in jurors room 7am tomorrow morning or he will hold you in contempt. Then cycle repeats itself the next day and next...........

Last trial I was on took a week and it shouldn't have taken a half day.

Why does it take so long? I'm guessing so the local lawyers can bill out hours at $300 plus an hour.

It's a dam racket.

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Sounds like a woman who needs a good kick in the arse. No wonder our Country is so messed up. Stupid Liberal idiots.

7. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Bisi, sounds like the judge's fault for allowing the lawyers to screw around like that? I've served on a couple of jurys myself, both with the same local district judge. One was an assault case, the other was a drug (criminal distribution) case. Two days each, jury selection the morning of the first day followed by an afternoon of testimony and adjurn for the evening (go home & feed the dog, don't talk to anybody, don't read the paper, don't watch the evening news on TV). More testimony the next morning, final arguments, go into the jury room, decide the case and send out for pizza at the county's expense and then file back into the courtroom and announce the verdict. Justice is swift in northeast Montana.

I can't IMAGINE getting stuck on a jury for three & a half WEEKS, I'd have to plead "hardship"....it'd put me out'a buisiness, the cows would all starve and the dog would run away!

8. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Trust me, liberals are more of a danger to our country than criminals with guns.

Jury selection took two days. The trial ran from 9:00 to 10:15, then 10:30 to 12:00.

Lunch was from 12:00 to 1:30. Then 1:30 to 2:45, then 3:00 to 4:15. Never on Fridays, and if we got close to 4:00 and a witness was done, we just stopped.

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I served on a jury that involved multiple murders by Illegal Mexicans of Illegal Mexicans that were Coyotes for some Mexican outfit that was bringing Illegals across the border by the dark of night ... When the Illegals they got to Phoenix couldn't pay they took the Coyotes to an area that are all commericial buildings and an Adult Entertainment club and killed them ... There were 4 guys involved with the shootings but 3 of them turned on Julio and said he did it ... We had 2 libbys on the jury, one younger girl said she couldn't imagine anyone would do that to another human being, the other (libby) one wasn't sure where he was or why he was there and nothing you said could change his mind ... Hung Jury, but the guy got convicted on all counts when they had the retrial and his 3 buddies who ratted him out walked with probation and time served ... 2 1/2 weeks of trial and 10 days of deliberation, based on our (the Jury) findings Julio did get 37 1/2 years for associated charges beside the murders ... Julio got life on the retrial beside so he won't ever see the light of day unless he's looking at it from inside of a prison ... Next time I get called I am just going to say that if they were charged they got to be guilty and hope to get released from the jury ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. locdoc

locdoc Member

Bill,

With your background I'm surprised that you would even be considered as a juror on a criminal trial.

But then AZ allows the jurors to question the defendant.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

11. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

locdoc, A few weeks ago I was at the barber and he was watching the Jodi Aries trial on court tv. Hate to admit it but I started watching it a little, then I screwed up my knee and have been inmobile for the last 2 weeks. Again I hate to admit it but I started watching the Jodi Aries trial and I noticed the last few days it is jurors asking questions.

Talk about a screwed up court system - this woman has ADMITTED stabbing her boyfriend something like 28 times, almost cutting his head off and then shot him once in the head and this trial has been going on for months. Insanity!

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Doug,

I don't think anyone was more surprised than I was when I got selected, I went so far as to tell them 4 family members are in Law Enforcement and they said they were okay with that ... I was stunned to say the least but tried my best to keep an open mind and be fair ... The problem that kept eating at me was I was absolutely certain that he did not do this on his own and was in fact guilty but that his Buddies were involved and they cut a deal to walk ... The more I listened to their testimony the more convinced I was that they were part of it ... I figure their justice will catch them on the streets ... The Cops testimony showed just how bad they dropped the ball during their investigation by not including the other 3 guys and getting enough evidence to charge them also ... I figure some Mexican National will take care of them sooner or later ... Poetic Justice ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

>>Hung jury and a retrial might have been a better option. The liberal POS woman should be outed. And explained to the Judge why it was a hung jury.

Maybe, but we didn't want to cost the State another million dollars and keep the cops off the street for another 3 weeks.

In the end we figured, a bird in the hand...

14. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

ysr, what state are you in? I would bet that the trial DA didn't have the ultimate discretion to make the mistrial vs. deal decision. Had to come from the DA who is an elected official.

15. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

My final words are: If you want to be completely disillusioned with the future of mankind, sit on a murder trial in So Cal with a liberal woman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

smoke weed at jury duty