1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Junior Olympic Camp Application

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Trappy12, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

This year my coach wanted me to try and go to the junior camp in Colorado Springs. He told me not to worry about getting an application or anything like that because he would take care of it for me. Well, now I'm worried. I think it's probably too late, but if it isn't, where can I find the application form for the camp? I've been looking around the internet for the past half hour and still haven't been able to find it, so if anyone can tell me where to find it that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    -Trappy

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

Here is the shoot I think you are speaking about.

National Junior Olympic Shooting Championships (Shotgun), July 25 - August 1, 2009, Colorado Springs, CO

Suggest you call USA Shooting Competitions Department and see what the deal is.

719/866-4670.

They have been redoing their website recently and the information may have not been reposted.

Tom

3. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Tom, it's not a shoot, it's a camp put on by, I believe, the SCTP.
    -Trappy

4. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

^^^^^

5. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Well then I suppose that is why I wasn't able to find anything...
    -Trappy

6. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

If indeed the Junior Olympic Development Camp (JODC) is cancelled this year then that is a great loss to the sport.

Trappy - the application will normally be posted on the USA Shooting website and the home page would carry an announcement. DO what Tom said - call USA Shooting and see if you can get an update on the status of the JODC and the timeline.

The camp is by invitation only and is a fantastic opportunity to receive world class coaching and instruction in the Olympic shotgun sports.

Trappy - have you shot bunker before or have access to a facility?

7. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

I have not shot bunker before, but last year a girl on my team was lucky enough to go to the camp. My club is getting a bunker within the next 2 or 3 years.
    -Trappy

8. zinger

zinger Member

I think they are having it because I was asked to write a letter of recommendation for a junior in our league. The LOR was needed by the end of May to be sent in with application. That's all I know about this camp.

9. Baber

Baber TS Member

I just called Bill Roy at USAS. Got voice mail. When I find out the true story I will post it. Trappy... where are you located?

Tom

10. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Zinger - I suspect the LOR you wrote was for the application to the NRA Advanced Junior Shotgun Camps (AJSC). If it was for the JODC then the application would be up on the USA Shooting site and it is not - easy to confuse the two.

11. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

TBaber, I'm in a Chicago Suburb.
    -Trappy

12. Baber

Baber TS Member

Trappy:

I just got off the phone with Bill Roy the Director of Operations at USAS. There is NO camp this year. Lack of funding was one of the reasons plus his is the first year of a new shot gun coach and his plate is full. There will be a camp next year. Bill said that you should feel free to give him a call to discuss this further.

You should try to visit the Bunkers at either Cardinal Center or Cincinnati and get some experience shooting bunker. These are the nearest bunkers to you.

Follow the links to our website for more information on olympic trap shooting.

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

junior olympic shooting camp

olympic shotgun shooting camp

sctp 2016 jodc application

sctp 2016 jodc camp coaches & shooting camp