1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Junior Johnson

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Chango2, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

A NASCAR newsletter stated that Junior Johnson, the old time racer, is supporting Obama. Perhaps somebody who is from the South and a Democrat can explain this unlikely allegiance...have the Repubs come into a huge disfavor in the South, or is Junior's opinion unlikely and difficult to understand. Please, no name calling, but I find that his choice may indicate an interesting demographic and world outlook that may be held by Southerners that we Northerners and urban coastal individuals miss or do not understand. Please, no knee-jerk name calling; I feel there has been too much of that lately between good Americans of all faiths and viewpoints.

2. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

I feel old Junior might be getting a little feeble in the head.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

People get sucked in by wierd means sometimes. OUr famil lost a beautiful 14 year old girl in 1943, through doctor negligence in a rural area.

Shortly after a traveling evangelist came through and somehow hit a nerve in their grief, converting them to an overly religous fundamentalist hard shell Baptist life forever after. I mean, No movies, dancing, makeup for girls, R&R music, etc.(that all came from Satan).

Obama has the demeanor of these traveling snake oil boys, and if he has the person's attenetion, he can own them. No amount of reasoning will sahke their faith, they have their mind made up and are not interested in the facts.

Too bad, but I saw it in my own family.

Someone hit Junior's switch.

HM

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I haven't verified it yet but I sure find it hard to believe. He ain't a Georgia boy but close to it. If he is backing Obama then that Moonshine he ran for years has finally gotten to him. Jackie B.

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Here's the URL about Junior Johnson's choice:

http://racingwin.com/junior-johnson-endorses-obama/

6. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Didn't NASCAR get a piece of the bailout pie?

Jerbear

7. skip

skip Member

Jr. must be smoking crack.

8. earlsue

earlsue TS Member

Johnson has always been a democrat, he even campaigned against Petty when Petty ran for State office. This is the thanks for Reagan pardoning him.

9. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Lead salts stored in the grey matter, has finally taken it's toll. Damn Moonshine...... J.Woolsey

10. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

There are a lot of old time Southern Democrats. They would vote democrat if the candidate had horns, tail and pitchfork! These were John Kennedy and FDR Dems who were a lot different than the liberal dems we have today. Sometimes its hard to change the old folks ways ... I would like to believe Junior just is one of those uninformed old democrats.

Bob

11. Laudygirl

Laudygirl TS Member

Presidential Quotes
    "As an avid NASCAR fan, I attended many of the top events during the years when Junior Johnson was one of the greatest racers. As Governor of Goergia, I met with all the drivers before the contest began, led them in prayer for safety and good sportsmanship, and then rode in the pace car. Rosalynn and I also entertained the racing teams at the governor's mansion and also at the White House. Junior Johnson was one of those who supported my political campains, and I'll always be greatful for their wonderful influence among thousands of avid fans and admires." - President Carter

Right from Jr's website.

12. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

True "Yellow Dog Democrat" J.Woolsey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.