1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

June 8th HISTORY & SHAME

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by TinMan88, Jun 8, 2013.

1. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Eyewitness to an Act of War…A US Air Force Intelligence Officer Speaks Out About the USS Liberty

‘We were getting the translations in real-time’ he said, speaking of the air-to-air and air-to-ground communications taking place between the pilots and C&C (command and control) on the ground in Israel. ‘They knew it was an American ship. We heard it with our own ears, several times. The story they have told for the last 40 yrs about the Liberty being mistaken for another ship is complete bullshit.’

2. BryanF

BryanF Active Member

I think we have some revisionist history here.

Bryan

3. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Off topic also Jefferson Davis Birthday as well as mine go figure??

4. geeber

geeber Member

I went aboard the Liberty in 1969. She was in mothballs and I was in the Navy then,stationed at the "Inactive Ship Maintenance Facility" in Portsmouth, VA. She was just as she was when they brought her home. There was still blood smeared along the wood paneling in Officers Country. There were large and small holes everywhere. The weird thing was, my machinery officer then, Lt. J. J. Billington was the machinery officer aboard the Liberty when it was attacked. He never talked about it at all. It was strange to go down to the engine room of the Liberty and see his name on the door.

Gary B.