1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

July/August of TS/USA and Beretta UGB825Xcel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rick Barker, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Just got the second issue of TrapShootingUSA and has a gun test on the new Beretta UGB825Xcel trapgun. Does anyone out there own one of these? How do you like it? A lot of people seem sketical of it, I guess because it is new and different. I like the bottom ejection feature, since I am left handed and many people dislike autos because of the shell tossing. The only other bottom ejection I know of is the Browning designed pump (also marketed by Ithaca).

2. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I personnaly have never shot one, but there was a guy that came out to the range a few weeks ago with a brand new, never fired UGB. He was a little afraid at first, so we let him take about three shots at a pile of dirt before he wanted to step up to the line and actually shoot it.

I gotta tell you it is one funky looking gun. When it's open, it makes you feel like you're gonna cut your finger or thumb off when you close it. Kinda like a paper cutter action. And it has some wierd little devices on the side for opening and closing and there's some kind of sensor on the bottom in case your hand is too close to the place where the shell is ejected.

He shot one full round of trap with no incidents. He hit most of the birds he shot at. Probably missed 3, which is not bad for the first time shooting it. But then he had a problem with the gun on the second round and had to drop out.
    I believe something in the gun broke. And I've heard there's a big reliability problem with them. But that's just scuttle butt.

Bucko

3. IPMC_916

IPMC_916 TS Member

I had about 2500-3000 rounds through my sample of the UGB and only had one issue. The one issue was too light of load and it would not eject the round. Other than that, it was fun to shoot and got many looks...

4. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

A man bought one at Hunter's Run in Baton Rouge. Seemed ok, I hear that it broke. Could not have been fired very much. I think he only had it 2 or 3 weeks before it failed. I think it's back at berreta now.
    Sonny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.