1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

July 4th

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by white rattler, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. white rattler

white rattler Member

To my friends south of my border. Today is your day enjoy it. Trevor Dawe

2. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Thanks Trevor, where I'm at in central Illinois we are having a weather front move thru that promises a rain every little bit today with some blue sky in -between showers. Dern it seems to rain on the 4th here a lot of the time. Our parade will have a bunch of highschool bands, veterans groups, miscellaneous freedom groups,"we are on a major campus with many international students", there will be antique cars in the parade, horses, boyscouts and girl scouts, national guard units, fire engines, cranes and trucks, small groups of gymnasts and daycare kids, polititions and clowns and many new things that are fun for the kids to watch. We will have the colors being carried by a group of re-enactors looking like the fife and drumers of the Revolutionary War. The American Legion Honor Guard will have a second set of colors and in one intersection of Lincoln avenue the fire trucks ladders will hold a big flag that spans the avenue. My family will meet at that intersection to watch the parade. We will have fun today and show our support for those that fought for our freedoms. Dan

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

4. edgoodian

edgoodian TS Member

HEY TREVOR how is your shoot going ? i tried to make it but couldn't get anybody to go with. you guys up north are awful tough shooters, so might as well save my pennies. hope your weather is good. thanks for the note. ED

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Thanks Trevor. The edge is off our freedom for now and we are in peril but we're not going to let it stay that way. Having fun shooting this summer?

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thanks Trevor, Hows the shoot at calgery going? Keep an eye on Willamson.

7. white rattler

white rattler Member

Thanks guys, the shoot in Calgary is going very good. We are fighting the winds but we can't do anything about that. We have 30 plus squads and some good scores coming in. Grunt Steve is holding his own. Trevor Dawe.

8. t-bar

t-bar Member

Hi Trevor,

Hope your shooting well.

Barb

9. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

Our 4th in Elizabethton is quite special with an encampment re-inactment at Sycamore Shoals by the Overmountain Men. There will be several demonstrations of muzzle loading rifle shoots, tomahawk and knife throwing and of course cooking and beer making. There will be no celebration of independence, because during this time period there was none. The Overmoutain Men contributed greatly to our independence when they made their march from Sycamore Shoals on the Watauga River to King's Moutain,NC and defeated a superior British force led by Maj Ferguson. The British withdrew to Charleston and later to New York.

What has happened? Where are the men so willing to strive for freedom? They are in Iraq and Afganistan, in the 4th parades, still able to fit into uniforms from 65 years ago, with tears in their eyes when they see Old Glory. Why are there no men of this caliber in our nations capitol? Will we lose our desire for our freedoms, will we let them take them from us slowly? Will we say, 'This is still the best place in the world to be'. How long will we fool ourselves? How long until we bow our heads and not be able to look our Father's in the eye while we say 'thanks' for all you did. They will soon be gone and we will have no one to call the greatest generation. How long to realize what we have lost?

I'm maudlin tonight, my 85 year old father is becoming more frail everyday. I'm really going to miss my hero.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.