1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Judges rules against Wisconsin anti bargaining ban

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Hawk46, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Why am I not surprised. Everything works against taxpayers in this country. Hopefully it will be appealed.

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Don't hold your breath, they let the gays get married and they let worthless SOBs picket soldiers funerals why would the supreme courts change their ways now.

3. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

This is typpical of this kind of problem. In CA they overturned Prop 187 which cut off all funding for Illegal Aliens.

I'm really sick of this Wisconsin BS the unions would have you believe that they have been completely stripped of their rights to collective bargaining.

IN ACTUAL FACT they have only been stripped of the corrupt privilage of collective bargaining with "politicians"!

This fact seems to get lost in the Rhetoric, and other screming and bUllshit coming out of their members mouths.

If they would just separate the Govt unions from the politicians it would be fine, but no they are not going to give up their political clout to fleece the public on a bet.

There is absolutely no reason why those unions couldn't be privatized. At least they would be somewhat ethical at that point.

I can't wait until this happens in CA cuz Mr Moonbeam is going to have to swallow a big load when it happens. He's got no other choice but to cut off the public employee unions, because he can't save the state financially buy doing anythign else..

Randy

4. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I am curious on what grounds could a court overturn a law duly enacted by the legislature on an issue which ism totally within the purvue of that legislature. This is "judicial activism" gone wild. That's why the judges and the lawyers are the first to be lined up against the wall in most successful revolutions.

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Start sending out the pink slips NOW and see how long the judge holds his line!!

Wasn't there something like 8,000 ready to go before the bill was passed?

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

it is just a temporary stay while the judge determines if procedures were violated relative to the state's 'opening meeting' law.

If she up-holds the stay then they just need to run the vote through the house again - this time keeping the democrats in the state - and the bill will pass.

7. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

jcl,

Don't forget the convicted fellons either, and the dead people, and ACORN...

8. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Just wondering what the judge got paid to slap a hold on things?

Hopefully this will be nothing more than a temporary stay.

If not .....when the state becomes insolvent and the feds start pouring

money in to bail them out.......the full on revolt should start.

No holes barred.

9. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I would think that every law brought up would be done on a special session format, if that were the way the law was written. I think she ruled on the 24 hour notice for a vote rule. I am not sure if that applies to the special sessions rule. They did not give 24 hours notice that they were going to vote on the law after the special session in which they elimnated the financial portion of the law, which restricted them from voting without the Democratic Senators being present. You political bashers have to relax. It will become law. It just has to be done legally. The Judge has to rule by what the law states. That is why laws are written, so they are upheld. It has nothing to do with Democrate or Republican. Jon

10. HC_John

HC_John TS Member

It seems to me that this would be a "conflict of interest". The judge is a public employee, I don't feel that they should have any right to do anything about a law in their state. Just my $.02.

John MI

11. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Not all judges are Democrats. Let me rephrase that. Judges are not allowed to be politically affiliated. Look at the Supreme Court of the United States. They are appointed on there ruling tendencies. No matter, a Judge must rule on the laws, as they are written. If they rule because of there political tendencies they will be disbarred. They could however interpret vague laws differently. I do not think this is the case in this situation. Jon

12. 1atatime

1atatime TS Member

As I recall, the Senate posted notice of the vote but actually convened a few minutes before the 24 hour notice period was up. They voted in 23 hours and 50 minutes (or something like that).

To me it seems to be "so what", because even the votes to carry the bill were there. There were no Dems there anyway, even if they waited another 10 minutes.

I haven't yet seen the actual decision, just some news blurbs. HOwever, even if the ruling holds up, the problem can be cured by re-voting with at least 1 Dem in the house. The Senate is in recess for a couple of months (don't you wish you had a job like that) so the question is whether the Governor brings them back in another special session.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.