1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Judges do as they please.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gargoyle!, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I have had to go to court to prosecute people for a number of reasons and have see that judges do not follow the rules or standards like they should.

One judge will come down on poachers hard with jail time and fines but a second judge will do little to nothing.

Then you have judges who are anti gun and will quarter you for little to nothing while another judge will look at the same case and see nothing has really been done wrong.

I have seen people go to court o DUI and one judge will give a sentence of 6 months of no driving, 3 months of class and a 250.00 fine. The next judge will on a case almost the same say a first time DUI throws the poor guy in jail for a year. To me thats double standard.

Now lets look at Paris Hilton. If that was anyone of us we would already be in jail and not have a report date of June 5th and be thrown in the cell with all the other inmates and not get a private room. Justice is no longer blind but see's all and looks at wealth, race and color. We all have seen it.

2. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Always get the "best judge money can buy" !!!! Don't think it doesn't happen. It does and has happened to me. Son-of-a-bitch was promoted to the court of appeals. Am I bitter -- damn whistlin'......merlyn...

3. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Gargoyle! may have an agenda but his basic point is correct. Judges have wide latitude in matters of law including what, if any, sentence is imposed on convicted perps.

A separate and frequently overlooked issue concerns evidence juries are allowed to hear. Judges constantly rule on what evidence is admitted... or isn't. The outcome of cases routinely hinges on those rulings.

A personal pet peeve is that part of the witness swearing in process which states, "I swear/affirm to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." The job of a prosecutor is to present evidence supporting charges levied against the perp. The job of defense attorneys is to punch holes in the prosecutor's case and to present evidence that creates reasonable doubt. Any attempt to tell the 'whole truth' will almost certainly result in an objection by one side or the other. Simply stated, it the job of the opposing attorneys and the judge to make sure the whole truth is NOT presented.

Edited addition:

Astute attorneys get paid to know how specific judges are how likely to rule on certain types of cases. That's the primary basis for venue shopping.
    sissy

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If you ever served on a jury you would not have a jury trial when charged with an offense.

" Of course, he's guilty, they arrested him, didn't they?"

"come on, let's get this over with , I have a plane to catch."

"That officer would certainly never tell an untruth."

And so on.

Our system is a little ragged here and there, don't you think?

HM

5. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

HM you're correct, it isn't perfect, but it's light years ahead of any other form of juris prudence designed by man.

Buz

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Become a judge if it is so easy

Gene

7. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

We had a judge in our area that was good. Everyone was sorry that he retired. We now have a judge that is one big asshole. The judge before was liked and fair to one and all. He did not have a pet law or a law he ignored. The new judge does as he pleases and ignores what he thinks is a pest law for him to deal with.

He had a guy who was charged with shooting a bear out of season. He was out in his yard when the bear came and started to eat the bird seed. He went in the house and closed the door and got his rifle. He went back outside and shot the bear. He dragged it out of the yard to the woods and caped it and put the hide in the freezer. He later told his wife and she said if you don't call the gamewarden I will. He did and was given a ticket. The judge heard both sides and then made a ruling. He said it was self defence and let he guy go. This judge would not do a thing about game laws in his court, NOTHING AT ALL. You had a get out of jail card with this guy. The game dept finally went over the judges head and now he is doing better but not like he should.

I have been infront of him before. Say speeding. You have calibration done to your car and bring it in and it shows it was off. He will let you off of speeding but nail you with improper equipment. That was not what you were charged with but now you have to pay for it. You did not get out of his court till you pay for something. He will at time will not listen to all the evidence and then make a ruling. You can not say a thing to him at all or he will nail you with contempt of court. The first judge had people who could and would knock on his door to talk to him and he would make time to do so. The new judge no one wants anything to do with. There are judges that will work with you when you come in and there are other judges that will make you appeal your case even if it costs you 400 to 500 even when it was not needed.

I had to take a person to court for what he did to my car and to me. I use to delive pizza and he wanted his pizza free and I would not give it to him. To make a long story short he kicked my car and broke my drives window. He went to court and was given 30 days in jail and told to pay for the damage. He did not pay for the damage and the second judge told him that he could only pay $25 because I had already fixed things and that it was an older car. BOY WAS I PISSED. I ask why as nicely and that the other judge before said that he had to pay for ALL of the damage. The judge said that is my ruling and it stands. I had to shut up before I got in trouble. I will have to agree that justice is not blind showes favoritism. I got the guy back by going around to all the pizza places and let them know what he did and what he got away with. NO ONE delivered to him. He now had to go get his pizza. Where I worked he tried to order a pizza for dilivery and the manager looked at the address and told him no you have to come and get it. WHY? he asked. Because you don't treat our drivers like the way you do. We will never diliver to you again. He hung up and we never heard from him again.

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

JC in Sommersworth NH? IPA: 24.75.97.117

9. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

WHOIS gave this first, but other gave NH.

10. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Remember most Judges were Lawyers before they where judges(nuff said!)

11. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Judges today have a card that they carry that ID's them as judges. So if they go someplace they show the card. They also show the card to the cops that pull them over. You got it, NO TICKET. That is using their job to get out of paying what we have to pay for.

12. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

IMHO many (but not all) judges feel a sense of power since they think that ARE the law as opposed to the enforcer of the law. Very similar to politicians who feel that they are entitled to the perks for the rest of their life, since they found something that needed to be fixed (it might not have needed to be fixed though). They want us to believe that we couldn't function without them protecting us. In reality, we know that many elected official spend a large portion of their time getting reelected, NOT looking out for their constituents. How many tickets do congress men and women get away with? Speaking of getting away with, DEATH anyone? I personally vote to eject all but the exceptional judges. Lawyers are plentiful and if we keep changing them, maybe we will luck out and get a good one, once in a lifetime!

13. cementman

cementman Member

Any Law Enforcement Officers (LEO's) out their care to respond to Gargoyle's tread about Judges having some sort of card in their wallet and you, as an officer of the law, would let them go on their way.

14. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Lets put it this way. If a cop does give a out of dist or out of state judge a ticket and the sitting judge see's that they did what do you think that judge is going to do? He is going to protect his fellow judge. The cop that wrote that ticket is then in big trouble.

Has anyone ever seen the car tag's that have a star on it or a emblem of a star on the baqck of the car? One that you can remove to another car. That is a star with the lettering F.O.P That is to tell a brother cop when they pull the car over that it is a cop driving it. Unless they have really screwed up they are not going to get a ticket either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.