1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Joys of having a loud mouth on your squad!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ubernut, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ubernut

ubernut TS Member

Just wondering if anybody else ever had to shoot a reg. shoot next to loud mouth who had a comment for everything? Can any actions be taken?

2. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

There's nothing preventing you from finishing the sub event then go straight to the squadding window and asked to be reassigned for the remaining rounds in the event. I don't worry about any of that stuff, just so long as I can't hear it when it's my turn to shoot.

3. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

In reference to what Bob said above...I shoot with a group of friends and we sometimes josh a bit and give each other crap between posts.

It is, however, all in fun - and at our club shoots, if you win the singles, you get a small trophy. If you're a class winner, you might get $4 - or maybe as much as $14, depending on what class you're in. It's $2 per gun for each shooter in the class.

When the bigger money is on the line, or someone is shooting exceptionally well, we're well behaved and respectful. Although once, I saw Jim Trujillo bet the trapboy $5 we were all going to run them. He started on post 3. Post 1 broke his target. Post 2 broke hers. He dutched his big-time, and the whole squad just busted up laughing.

Generally, if I have a problem with a squadmate, I tell him between posts, in a polite way, and ask him to stop doing whatever he was doing. Once it was the guy next to me mounting his gun when I did so he could follow my targets and dryfire at them. Go figure

It's never gone farther than a polite request.

4. smartass

smartass TS Member

Earl, that was funny. I suspect it's happened to you many times which is why you're such an expert.

5. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Ya right? Your just so damn good at everything, woody. If ego were brains you would be intelligent, instead of a moron. Ben

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

If your in the zone you won't even notice there is anyone else shooting. Don't let anything bother you, nothing.

7. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Be kind to all loudmouths! They have inferiority complexes and have a burning need to draw attention to themselves ! They can't control it! You only have ONE opinion....shove an Apple in their stupid mouths!

8. otnot

otnot Active Member

I shoot with a couple of guys in Alaska that just can't seem to take shooting serious. In between rounds they laugh and tease one another about misses disrupting everyone around them. If they would take it more seriously they just might shoot better scores. And the worst part of is one of them is the president of Alaska ATA. Shame on him. Tongue in cheek. That was funny as hell JeffP. LOL

9. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Bob...this guy was on my right. I'd close my gun...he'd close his gun. I'd mount mine, and out of the corner of my eye, I'd see his barrel come up as HE mounted his gun. I'd call for my bird, break it, and he'd bring his gun down, remount and then call for his.

After one post, I asked him what he was doing...and told him politely not to do it anymore. He was a new shooter at the time...he doesn't do it anymore. I think he really didn't know any better.

Trujillo...I know, it's bad on our squad. Even worse for the fact that 4 of us are on the board. We should know better!! But at least we have fun...and when someone is shooting good, usually the ribbing and teasing stops.

10. otnot

otnot Active Member

Yukon I don't know if we will be so appreciated at the Spring Grand. But oh well if they can't take a joke. We do have fun and that is the name of the game. Look out Tucson here we come. LOL

11. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Yukon and otnot......You guys are welcome to hop up here to Point Hope anytime and we'll crank up the old rusty trap machine and show you a real good time. After the shooting we can either shack up with some beautiful locals or head out for some of the damnest fishing you can imagine! Let know if you can make it!

12. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

It is my understanding that you are not to disturb the other shooters. If they talk or curse and it bothers you, you have the right to ask them to be quiet. If they do not then you can ask for them to be removed from the squad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.