1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jordans wall chart

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Beni, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beni

Beni Member

Does anyone use Terry Jordans wall chart system. Do you practice everyday with it and have you seen an improvment in your shooting. thanks beni

2. Txdirtbroker

Txdirtbroker TS Member

I use the chart and have definitely seen an improvement in my shooting using it
    3 times a week for 15 minutes a session
    Gary

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

If you use it, the chart works. Terry is a great guy and will help you work with the chart. He will send you the information he has put together over the years and work with you.

I've been reading and posting on this site for, perhaps 10 years now, and can't recall ever reading a negative post about Terry or the wall chart. Bill Malcolm

4. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

How big of a wall do you need and how far back do you need to be? Bill

5. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi Bill.

The ten foot chart is mounted on the wall with the very top edge at about 78" from the floor, it hangs down 36". You use it from 13' (16 yards) back to 24' (27 yards). I use it a lot about 20' from the wall it is on.

The 8 footer is mounted on the wall with the top edge at 73" and it hangs down 30". The 8 footer is used from 10' (16 yards) back to 19' (27 yards). I use it a lot from about 13 to 15 feet from the wall it is on.

If you haven't got about 16 to 18 feet of room to get back from the wall it is on I think you are better off with the smaller 8 footer. The larger one is a like watching a bigger TV its a really a great chart if you have lots of room but

I use and like them both. When I am getting ready for a big shoot I just use whatever customer's chart is on the wall at the time. If no chart is currently on the wall I always put a large one up for my dry-firing practice.

Terry.

My basement is narrow and I just stay in the post 3 view. I can move a bit sideways and I can get like where a post 2 would be (about 5 feet over). If you have room to move sideways a bit that is fine but it is not necessary. I have used the Wall Chart this way for 30 years with good success. The amount of actual gun movement is about the same for all posts. When you can move smoothly anywhere in the “Vee” shape the chart makes you can shoot any post.

I change my hold points sometimes by holding off to the right of the trap house and make a longer physical move to the sharp left target or reverse that to make a longer move to the sharp rights. By varying your hold points a bit left and right and heights of the hold you can be ready for any length of gun move you will see on a real trap range.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I like my 8 footer. Since I've had both shoulders replaced I use the chart for a physical workout as well as practice.

7. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

I will have some wall charts with me at the Silver Dollar in March, getting one from me there saves the shipping fees.

I did good there at the Dixie Grand and at the Hall of Fame Shoot winning 7 trophies, a gun and a bit of cash. Now unless the trap Gods have changed I will go down there next month and probably give it all back.

I am hoping chart orders this week are real slow I am way behind on everthing.

Terry.

8. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

Buying any one of the chart's from Terry will be some of the best money you will spend from your trapshooting dollar pool. Buy one, you will not regret it.

9. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Is there a video anywhere of someone using the wall chart..

10. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

/uploads/shotgunpeople_2008_0303.jpg

Blkcloud,

this is a still of my wife using the chart on an old porch we had at one time.

Sorry I couldn't get a video of it.

Dave in SC

11. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

Here in Ohio this morning it is 22 degrees with a lot of snow and ice on the ground. It is around 10 AM on a Wednesday morning. There are no gun clubs open for me to go shoot some practice. Besides who wants to shoot in this type of weather. All you do is develop some bad habits. So, why am I passing all of this BS on to you folks who are wondering about buying one of Terry's charts. I have already shoot 100 targets and 50 pair of doubles this AM in a pair of shorts and a tshirt in my basement using Terry's chart. It cost me nothing. I saved the cost of gas, shells and the cost of targets. Now when the weather gets nicer, I can go shoot 200 "free" targets. Think about what it cost (targets, shells & gas) you to shoot 500 targets at your club. Then compare that cost to the cost of Terry's chart. You will have the chart for a life time. How about the guys who would love to shoot an extra 500 targets a week but just do not have the time or funds to do that!! You know what, I think I will just go shoot another 100 of free targets! Love that chart, mine is not for sale!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.