Trapshooters Forum banner

Jordan Wall Chart

54K views 180 replies 40 participants last post by  T Jordan. 
#1 · (Edited)
Art Painting Sky Sport venue Room

The smaller 6 foot Wall Chart at $150 US. (includes shipping) is a nice option for shooters that do not have the wall space for the larger two charts.

This page has Wall Chart sizes, prices, mailing info.

I can send you the entire package on about 13 e-mails free. It is like a book on trapshooting

All this info comes with the chart in booklet form but it is nice to have the spare copy on your computer.

There are over 2375 Wall Charts in use and they hold their value well, used ones sell for close to the new price. I can call you free if this doesn't answer all of your questions or call me free at 1-205-294-7600. (my Magic Jack on most of the day).

The info. is a lot to remember the first time you read it but you should get the following from it.

The chart itself and info. are a 2 part recipe:

1. You need to do the Wall Chart drills regularly all year long to stay smooth.

2. You need to develop a pre-shot routine that includes the proper soft focus with a "blocker word" before calling for the target. Then you need to hard focus on the targets front edge when it is in the air.

www.learntrapshooting.com is the web site.

Sizes:

Wall Chart size info: I do not sell the Vandalia any more just the new Sparta Illinois model.

The ten foot chart is mounted on the wall with the very top edge at about 78" from the floor, it hangs down 36". You use it from 13' (16 yards) back to 24' (27 yards). I use it a lot about 20' from the wall it is on.

The 8 and 6 footer is mounted on the wall with the top edge at 73" and it hangs down 29". The 8 footer is used from 10' (16 yards) back to 19' (27 yards). I use it a lot about 13 feet from the wall it is on. The 6 footer (actually about 76" wide) is the same height and used at the same distances as the 8 footer.

The new smallest chart is 53 inches wide and 16 inches tall. You can dry fire on it about as close as 5 feet from the wall it is on and use it back to about 12 feet from the wall. It would be a great instructional picture to just have hanging on the wall at a club house, shooters learn leads etc. just by looking at it. A lot of Gun Clubs have the small chart on the wall for that purpose. The small 53" model is all I used this year for 8 weeks in Florida, I prefer at least the 6 footer but they all work.

If you haven't got about 18 feet of room to get back I think you are better off with the smaller 8 footer or 6 footer. The larger one is a like watching a bigger TV. The 10 footer is a really a great chart if you have lots of room but I use and like them both. When I am getting ready for a big shoot I just use whatever customer's chart is on the wall at the time.

My basement is narrow and I just stay in the post-3 view. I can move a bit sideways and I can get like where a post 2 or 4 would be (about 5 feet over). If you have room to move sideways a bit that is fine but it is not necessary. I have used the Wall Chart this way for 35 years with good success. The amount of actual gun movement is about the same for all posts. When you can move smoothly anywhere in the “V” shape the chart makes you can shoot any post. I change my hold points sometimes by holding off to the right of the trap house and make a longer physical move to the sharp left target or reverse that to make a longer move to the sharp rights. By varying your hold points a bit left and right and heights of the hold you can be ready for any length of gun move you will see on a real trap range.

The main one or biggest seller is the 8 footer. The normal material is very durable and can be rolled up 100's of times with no damaging effect. I can get them made out of much stronger and heavier material if a chart was going to be used outside in possibly windy conditions.

Prices:

Shipping charges are about $25 and are included in these prices. The 10 footer is $175 US. 8 footer is $150 US. and the 6 footer is also $150 US.

The new smallest chart is the 53" by 16" it is $75 US. I ship by small package mail and it is usually takes about 3 to 4 days up to a week or so.

Make sure you open the 36 inch carton completely. I wrap the booklets around the Wall Chart and they slide off easily if you just open one end of the box.

I can get two of most sizes in one box. If you have a friend that wants one too, that saves the extra $25 shipping fee on the 2 nd. Wall Chart. Two boxes can be taped together and 4 charts can ship as cheap as one. Lately shooters taking an 8 footer or larger chart often want one of the smaller 53" wide models shipped in the same carton. The smaller one is great to take with you to shoots or on holidays or to put on the wall at a gun club.

I do ship to other countries there are Wall Charts in England, Scotland, Ireland, Poland, Lebanon, Africa, Australia and New Zealand. Shipping by air (is about 7 days) to these countries is about $90 Canadian.

Mail info:

I do not take credit cards, I just take cheques made out to Terry Jordan or an "International Money Order" is fine too. A regular money order is no good to me it says right on it "cash only in the USA". I can't cash them here in Canada. It is very important that you get the "International Money Order" if you chose to pay that way.

I prefer a check, 99% of all customers just send a personal cheque. I don't like dealing with Paypal, I put all of my US. checks in my US. bank account. PayPal will only put them in a Canadian account as I am in Canada. I don't want to exchange them at all into Canadian let alone when they force me to. The bank charges you to buy and sell US. dollars the exchange fee is about 2 or 3 cents. I am not dealing with PayPal anymore.

Mail to Canada is a bit more, it costs about $1.25 make sure you put enough postage on the letter or they send it back to you. I do need your phone number as well as your complete address (new security regulations).

Terry Jordan
11 Nelson St.
St. Thomas Ontario
Canada N5P 3J1

519-631-7842

See less See more
#59 ·
My daughter has been using the chart daily for 1 week. She's gone from 15 - 18 to 18 - 21. Her first 25 is just around the corner. Property Fence Home House Real estate
here is the 6' chart on the front porch. The sun is going down behind it, it is normally not as see thru. It will come inside when the rains start.

#62 ·
I won my club championship Sunday with a 190x200.

Shot 48x50 in 16 yards.
48x50 in doubles.
47x50 from 27 yards.
47x50 in skeet.

I have not shot a target in a month but worked on the chart with all three guns a bit the last two weeks. Shot my Seitz at 16 yards and handicap. My K-80 TS. in doubles and an old Ithaca 500 at skeet. I had not shot a round of skeet in the last 2 years.

The work on the chart teaches you to get the gun to where your eyes are looking. It feels strange to look 2 or 3 feet in front of targets like you do in skeet but as long as I look in the right place the gun gets there easy. It still surprises me how good the chart and some ten minute dry firing drills works in situations like this with 3 different guns.

Terry.

#65 · (Edited)
I had a great phone call earlier this week from a one year Wall Chart user in Michigan. He said "I was really shooting handicap bad, I got reduced to 19 yards and still couldn't hit them". After working with the chart for a month or two he started hitting targets real good. He won about four yards went to 22 or 23 yards. He won some good shoots, several trophies and is loving the game again.

#68 ·
I had another great phone call from shooter today. This guy said about two years ago I drew a trap house and some targets on my garage door. He said he picked his gun up a lot dry firing on his garage door. He said the results were great "I won State B class titles two years in a row and an A class trophy too". He said "I know your Wall Chart will work the same way but I want the real thing now, I know picking my gun up regularly works great".

#70 ·
I just can't say enough good things about Terry or the wall chart. I think it is probably the least expensive and best results achieved item in the trap shooting world. I am on my third one now due to stupidly selling the previous ones when i didn't think that I would be shooting any more. Will be keeping this one though. I have never talked to a single person that owned AND used one that it did not help to shoot better scores. Great product and great guy. Merry Christmas Terry. J.R.

#71 · (Edited)
I have a real good "second" in the ten foot wide model. It just has a small error in the green part of the trap house.

I am still in the Christmas mood, normally it is $175 with shipping will ship it to you for $130. Saving $45 because of a small spot it the trap house is a steal.

Happy New Year.

The 10 foot second has been sold.

Attachments

#72 ·
After a shooter has broke big or perfect scores his mind wants to think of hitting the 100's instead on the process of breaking them one at a time. Living up to your own expectations or you coach's gets more important for sure, he is thinking too much.
This was part of a personal letter to another shooter on pre-shot routine but it is worth reading.

When I first read about a "blocker word" it was in an article by Dr. Michael Keyes who writes in Shotgun Sports Magazine. He is a psychiatrist and I believe he said he worked with the a US. Olympic pistol team as their mental sports guru. He said they did about 40 % dry firing and used a blocker word. He has a good book called Mental Training for Shotgun Sports.

When you are in the "zone" calm and shooting good the sub-conscious mind shoots the target, your conscious mind just gets in the way. To try and block unwanted thoughts from my conscious mind I will say "lots of time" about ten times between shots.

When I am trying to hit a 100 or any good score I tend to quick shoot a target so that choice of a "blocker word" keeps me from getting too fast on a shot. I use other blocker words like "eyes first","focus" or "see the target" I get bored and I change them but not usually during an event.

The conscious mind tries to feed you all kinds of BS. in a round of trap as it does not like the pressure of competition shooting etc. You use your conscious mind all day long in all real life situations and it doesn't like being turned completely off as you try to just use your vision skills when calling for a target or to shoot a full 100 target event.

When I started shooting competition 35 years ago I read several books on how Olympic athletes trained, like girls on a balance beam, skaters, ball players etc. When you are thinking it takes about 1/2 a second to get back in the other side of your brain that is just for vision, movement, seeing and reacting. That is why for example a batter in a slump at the highest level like Major League baseball can't hit the ball. They are thinking too much, worried about the crowd watching and the bat is late and not where it should be. In trap shooting you are a half second late on the target when you are thinking about something.

When you stay in the proper visual imagery (not thinking) the brain sends electrical impulses to the muscles you are going to use for that shot or move before you make the move. An example of that is when you were actually pulling for a shooter you could feel the muscles in your thumb wanting to push the button before the shooter called pull.

The dry firing a lot at home on a chart allows you to drift off into that "zone" type feeling daily as you are not worried about the score in your work out sessions. The dry firing is a much for the head game as it is for the physical part. It is a mental plan, a true rehearsal for a future event. It creates a self hypnosis state that truly prepares the mind to be ready to win an upcoming event.

Terry.

#77 · (Edited)
Anyone looking for a deal of a new 6 foot Wall Chart. You can save $25 off of the regular $150 price.

One of my customers just bought a new or different house with a big wall and would like the larger 10 foot wide chart. He has never opened the package with the 6 footer. The 6 footer is really a great chart, Harlan likes using that size to teach with when he uses one.

Thanks.

Terry.

This has been sold.

#81 · (Edited)
After only shooting two 50 target interclubs in Dec. (Nothing all Fall) I started good in Florida. I worked on the chart a lot.

At the Beretta Shoot with no practice my first doubles was a 96 (46-50). Hitting the only 50 straight.

In the handicap from 27 yards a 91. I shot two boxes of my reloads hitting a 22 and a 20. I was holding a bit two high (about 3 feet) which was the real problem. I switched to two boxes of Federal Grand Handicap 8's. Missed the 2nd. target on the 3rd. trap and hit the rest for a 49. I brought my hold height down to about ten inches above the trap lid.

The hits from 27 yards with the Federal Handicap 8's that are supposed to be real poor quality really hit the 49x50 hard.

I hit a 99 in 16's Friday and a 97 from 27 Sunday to tie for Champion. I was smooth from my winter wall chart drills. It sure saves a lot of practice out in the cold.

After two weeks of holidays and no dry firing I shot a couple of poor windy handicaps. I got off my butt and shot a couple pactices today.

Terry.

#84 · (Edited)
Terry,
How far back do you recommend the shooter stand using the 10’ wall chart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use it from about 13 feet back to about 24 feet from the wall it is on. You can't make it look right from a post 1 or 5 view, I stay mainly in the post 3 view moving a few feet left or right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.