Trapshooters Forum banner

Jordan Wall Chart

54K views 180 replies 40 participants last post by  T Jordan. 
#1 · (Edited)
Art Painting Sky Sport venue Room

The smaller 6 foot Wall Chart at $150 US. (includes shipping) is a nice option for shooters that do not have the wall space for the larger two charts.

This page has Wall Chart sizes, prices, mailing info.

I can send you the entire package on about 13 e-mails free. It is like a book on trapshooting

All this info comes with the chart in booklet form but it is nice to have the spare copy on your computer.

There are over 2375 Wall Charts in use and they hold their value well, used ones sell for close to the new price. I can call you free if this doesn't answer all of your questions or call me free at 1-205-294-7600. (my Magic Jack on most of the day).

The info. is a lot to remember the first time you read it but you should get the following from it.

The chart itself and info. are a 2 part recipe:

1. You need to do the Wall Chart drills regularly all year long to stay smooth.

2. You need to develop a pre-shot routine that includes the proper soft focus with a "blocker word" before calling for the target. Then you need to hard focus on the targets front edge when it is in the air.

www.learntrapshooting.com is the web site.

Sizes:

Wall Chart size info: I do not sell the Vandalia any more just the new Sparta Illinois model.

The ten foot chart is mounted on the wall with the very top edge at about 78" from the floor, it hangs down 36". You use it from 13' (16 yards) back to 24' (27 yards). I use it a lot about 20' from the wall it is on.

The 8 and 6 footer is mounted on the wall with the top edge at 73" and it hangs down 29". The 8 footer is used from 10' (16 yards) back to 19' (27 yards). I use it a lot about 13 feet from the wall it is on. The 6 footer (actually about 76" wide) is the same height and used at the same distances as the 8 footer.

The new smallest chart is 53 inches wide and 16 inches tall. You can dry fire on it about as close as 5 feet from the wall it is on and use it back to about 12 feet from the wall. It would be a great instructional picture to just have hanging on the wall at a club house, shooters learn leads etc. just by looking at it. A lot of Gun Clubs have the small chart on the wall for that purpose. The small 53" model is all I used this year for 8 weeks in Florida, I prefer at least the 6 footer but they all work.

If you haven't got about 18 feet of room to get back I think you are better off with the smaller 8 footer or 6 footer. The larger one is a like watching a bigger TV. The 10 footer is a really a great chart if you have lots of room but I use and like them both. When I am getting ready for a big shoot I just use whatever customer's chart is on the wall at the time.

My basement is narrow and I just stay in the post-3 view. I can move a bit sideways and I can get like where a post 2 or 4 would be (about 5 feet over). If you have room to move sideways a bit that is fine but it is not necessary. I have used the Wall Chart this way for 35 years with good success. The amount of actual gun movement is about the same for all posts. When you can move smoothly anywhere in the “V” shape the chart makes you can shoot any post. I change my hold points sometimes by holding off to the right of the trap house and make a longer physical move to the sharp left target or reverse that to make a longer move to the sharp rights. By varying your hold points a bit left and right and heights of the hold you can be ready for any length of gun move you will see on a real trap range.

The main one or biggest seller is the 8 footer. The normal material is very durable and can be rolled up 100's of times with no damaging effect. I can get them made out of much stronger and heavier material if a chart was going to be used outside in possibly windy conditions.

Prices:

Shipping charges are about $25 and are included in these prices. The 10 footer is $175 US. 8 footer is $150 US. and the 6 footer is also $150 US.

The new smallest chart is the 53" by 16" it is $75 US. I ship by small package mail and it is usually takes about 3 to 4 days up to a week or so.

Make sure you open the 36 inch carton completely. I wrap the booklets around the Wall Chart and they slide off easily if you just open one end of the box.

I can get two of most sizes in one box. If you have a friend that wants one too, that saves the extra $25 shipping fee on the 2 nd. Wall Chart. Two boxes can be taped together and 4 charts can ship as cheap as one. Lately shooters taking an 8 footer or larger chart often want one of the smaller 53" wide models shipped in the same carton. The smaller one is great to take with you to shoots or on holidays or to put on the wall at a gun club.

I do ship to other countries there are Wall Charts in England, Scotland, Ireland, Poland, Lebanon, Africa, Australia and New Zealand. Shipping by air (is about 7 days) to these countries is about $90 Canadian.

Mail info:

I do not take credit cards, I just take cheques made out to Terry Jordan or an "International Money Order" is fine too. A regular money order is no good to me it says right on it "cash only in the USA". I can't cash them here in Canada. It is very important that you get the "International Money Order" if you chose to pay that way.

I prefer a check, 99% of all customers just send a personal cheque. I don't like dealing with Paypal, I put all of my US. checks in my US. bank account. PayPal will only put them in a Canadian account as I am in Canada. I don't want to exchange them at all into Canadian let alone when they force me to. The bank charges you to buy and sell US. dollars the exchange fee is about 2 or 3 cents. I am not dealing with PayPal anymore.

Mail to Canada is a bit more, it costs about $1.25 make sure you put enough postage on the letter or they send it back to you. I do need your phone number as well as your complete address (new security regulations).

Terry Jordan
11 Nelson St.
St. Thomas Ontario
Canada N5P 3J1

519-631-7842

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Shoot report, I had to tell someone I am getting old and days like this are getting harder to do. lol.

I never shot any winter league targets this year just one practice and one hundred 16 yard targets in a team shoot January 4th. My last practice and registered targets was in October. I was pretty busy and sold about 30 charts in Jan. and 23 in Feb. I am in Florida now for 6 weeks and had to build about 40 ahead to bring with me. Going home to Canada way behind on orders drives me crazy so I try to get far enough ahead before heading South. I worked almost everyday on my wall chart during those two months and a bit at the gym too. I told several wall chart customers I felt good and thought I was ready to break a 100.

I got here Tuesday and I shot one round of 16 yard practice on Thursday, it rained all day Saturday so I did nothing. Today (Sunday) was the delayed Berretta shoot that was cancelled earlier because of bad weather. I never took time for a practice but felt ready anyway. It was a 100 handicap, 100 16's, and another 100 handicap. I took a 1 yard reduction to 26 after shooting the Missouri Fall Handicap, a week that was 2500 handicap that ended with real bad weather. I started it with a 97 from 27 but the weather got bad and targets were a mile high at the end of the week and way too strong. I always believed in mandatory reductions and tell all of my customers that too so when I rarely get one I take it.

I shot a 93 this morning in handicap with Tank Lunsford and some good guys (24-23-23-23). I was not happy with the round, I let the release go on my Seitz way too early on 3 targets and missed two low divers. I thought it could have been a much better round. I shot 100 straight in the 16's and hit them hard with no weak hits at all. I knew there was a Berretta handgun for first prize for the AA group. I felt a bit of pressure but hit (25-23-25-24) for a 97 in the last handicap, back on 27 yards again. I was high on the 300 targets with 290 and won the gun. There was only about 23 squads but lots of great 27 yard shooters are here.

When I work that much at home on the chart with the gun coming to where my eyes are looking it seems to get where I look easy on real targets. I can't tell you how many times the the Wall Chart workouts in January and February have produced winning scores and 100 straights on my first registered targets of the year.

Terry.

#5 ·
Terry, coming off a 6 month layoff a couple of months ago, and using your CHART for a week before a shoot gave me a 97 in singles and 99 in Caps. Now I don't do tis all the time, but that Chart sure did help.

Good to visit you and Nancy at the Dollar last week !!! Hope the two of you are over your colds.

Got a very important shoot Monday, and will be on the Chart most of the day, on and off tomorrow !

Dave in Fl

#6 ·
I get these e-mails back often but I like to share some of them. Shooters willing to spend some time each day with the Wall Chart usually get some great results.

Terry,

Quick update. Two weeks ago at the Alabama State Shoot I walked off the line after shooting a 79 in Singles. Today, at the North Carolina State Shoot I walked off the line after shooting a 96 in Singles.

I was only able to squeeze in three days of working with your chart, and know I have much more work to do, but finally feel like I'm heading in the right direction.

The little time I was able to spend on the chart helped me gain a better understanding of allowing the eyes to soft focus before calling for the bird and to fully focus when I'm shooting the bird.

When I get home Sunday evening I'll resume my daily practice of ~50 gun mounts and focusing on the bird before pulling the trigger.

Thank you again for your willingness to assist a fellow frustrated Trap Shooter!

Al

#7 ·
Hello Terry.

The chart has done wonders but the packet of info and pictures have done more for me than any book or dvd to date. I received the Wall Chart at the end of Jan. 2012, I shoot only twice a week, on Feb. 14 th. I shot 125 straight and two weeks later I shot my first 200 Straight. It makes it a lot easier when you practice where to look with your eyes.

Thank you for a great product and manual that has done a lot to further the sport of trapshooting for generations.

Feel free to use any of my comments if you like. These charts should be in every “teaching environment” it will drastically improve anyone’s ability especially kids and women. Shooting is expensive especially with a poor economy. Parents may not take their kids shooting as often if they are breaking 15s and 16s. They will find a way to come up with the money to keep the sport going strong if little Johnny or Susie is breaking 23-24-25’s every once in a while.

In my opinion the only two reasons people quit the sport is because, they get discouraged by breaking poor scores or it is too expensive. The Wall Chart and manual is the best way to address those problems. Thank you for a great product, I’m sure I will have more questions as the summer and year progress. Good luck with your tournament shooting.

Charlie De Smidt.

#8 · (Edited)
I worked hard on my Wall Chart and shot the Ohio and Michigan State Shoots. I only shot practice at my club about 3 times since I came home from Florida but worked almost every day on the chart. I can't remember when my last doubles practice was probably over a year ago at St. Thomas. When you work on the chart it is a mental and physical rehearsal for a future event, it will always get you better prepared for that event.

At Ohio I was Non-Resident Veteran Doubles Champion on Sunday's Doubles Championship and won the Non-Resident Veteran on the High All-Around.

In Michigan I won Non-Resident Veteran Doubles on the Friday's Class Championship Doubles with a 99 and won the Non-Resident Veteran Doubles on Sunday's Doubles Championship with a 96. I tied for the Non-Resident Veteran on the High All-Around and won the Non-Resident Veteran Championship on the High Over-All with 952 x 1000.

I struggled with eye dominance issues for about 4 years now, I used this see through patch for almost all of those titles. I have used other eye patches etc. with some success but I think this product is the best I have found it is worth a try.

Check out www.offeye.net

Terry.

#10 · (Edited)
Hi Mark.

Probably the 6 or 8 footer, the first post on this thread explains the sizes and distance etc. Call me free at 1 205 294 7600. A lot of shooters put their 6 or 8 foot Wall Charts on a piece of two inch thick blue styro-foam. The sheet of foam board is easy to move around or to hang it on a garage door or sit it on a shelf.

Terry.

#40 ·
Try jordan4842@yahoo.ca or call me free at 205 294 7600
I have a 10 yo son that is just starting to get into the trap shooting game. It was recommended to me to get one of these charts. I have a 40x40 shop with plenty of open space to hang this chart and practice. What size would you recommend and what is the price shipped to zip code 75771? Feel free to PM if needed. Thanks.

BJ Duplechain

#15 · (Edited)
Hi Dogbest.

I have 20-16 vision but started seeing the left side of the barrel about 4 years ago. It got worse to where I see the ghost image of another barrel off about two inches to the right the real one. I tried all products and some worked ok. but I could not make solid patches or tape work for me at all.

The screen style patch (offeye) works great for me. I still shot some good scores in the last month or so without it (a 99-199-99-198 run in 16's without it). I also have days like last week in Ohio where I cross fire a few times per 100 shooting several 97's. I shot a 94 in the morning of the 200 singles and knew it was mainly because of cross firing. I put the patch back on and hit a 100 in the afternoon. It was my first 100 with the Off eye product. I had a couple good scores before with it and will use it a lot more now. After 32 years of two eyed shooting I hated to have to make any changes but this product is really good and other friends I recommended it to are doing great with it too. Feel free to call me.

Terry.

#17 ·
I hope I can reach more shooters that are still struggling to break good scores. I have had eye dominance issues etc. lately but by getting back to more of my Wall Chart use I managed to total 461 All-American Points. It was an honor to make this years second Veteran All-American Team in 12th. spot. I was really happy to end up on another Veteran team as I could not make the Grand and a few other local big point shoots.

The simple process of spending 10 to 15 minutes a day preparing the mind and body for your upcoming shoots makes a world of difference over just showing up at a shoot and hoping for the best. There are almost 2000 of the new Sparta Style Wall Charts in use.
I get some great e-mails from shooters that have found working out with the gun is getting them a lot of perfect scores. In every serious sport you need to do some training away from the real game to make your performances better.

Terry.

#19 · (Edited)
To My Wall Chart Users.

The move to a target with a shotgun is like a golf swing, you will need to work on it regularly probably most of your life. There is no limit to where the Wall Chart method can take you with only about 10 to 15 minutes a day. You learn to train hard and shoot good scores with ease.

If you have studied it all my info. you should be ready to walk onto the trap with a solid pre-shot routine. You will look out past the trap for a soft focus spot and use a blocker word to keep all thoughts of my chart and anything else out of your head. If you can get the gun moving to where your eyes are looking from the at home wall chart drills you should be ready to hit the scores you are looking for.

You have time to recognize the angle of a real target before moving to it, that slight delay just split seconds but very important to learn. A great choice of a blocker word is "eyes first" that reminds you to get both eyes hard focused on the target's front edge before you move to it. Another real important part is take time to watch the target break while you are still looking down the rib. Staying on the stock a couple seconds to see the break is what gives you just the right follow through.

Call me free at 205 294 7600 if you need some help along the way. Feel free to call if you any questions at all on the chart or want to talk some trap to see if this method can help you.

God Bless.

Terry.

#21 ·
Hi Choppinjw.

It is made from what they call banner material. It has a cotton or fiber type mesh woven into the vinyl. It is very strong for any normal use, you could roll it up hundreds of times without hurting it. I am sure it will work great for the way you want it to roll up, several guys have told me they made a roll down blind type setup. Lots of guys put the 6 or 8 footer on a piece of two inch thick blue styro-foam and it is easy to move around that way too.

Call me free at 1-205-294 7600 (my Magic Jack on most days from 12 noon to 10 pm est.).

Terry.

#23 ·
Terry - I've been meaning to send you an email recently as I wanted to let you know that I really enjoy the wall chart that I purchased from you. I consider it a very good investment for (anyone...but especially) those of us who reside in a more Northern climate where we do not have the opportunity to actively shoot for many months in the winter.

Thanks again, and I look forward to many years of good use from my wall chart. All the Best, Jeff

#24 ·
Terry - I've been meaning to send you an email recently as I wanted to let you know that I really enjoy the wall chart that I purchased from you. I consider it a very good investment for (anyone...but especially) those of us who reside in a more Northern climate where we do not have the opportunity to actively shoot for many months in the winter.

Thanks again, and I look forward to many years of good use from my wall chart. All the Best, Jeff

Thanks Jeff.

I never shot any trap targets after Sept. 4 th. last year. I worked hard on the chart in Jan. and Feb. and shot well in the Southern Grand and at the Florida State Shoot.

I hit a 100 in my second singles event and had another one last week (a 99-100-99) I picked up a few trophies and was runner-up in the Veteran HOA. in both weeks but there was no trophy for second in either HOA. I was happy with the results, I knew the amount of chart work I did would get me some respectable scores. In real windy conditions my first 8 handicap scores from 27 yards were all in the 90's. I knew Harlan and lots of other shooters had just shot about two 1000 target events in Tucson so I try to do about that many moves on my Wall Chart before driving all the way to Florida. When you practice bringing the gun to where your eyes are looking that many times on the chart it makes shooting good scores a lot easier.

Terry.

#25 · (Edited)
A product that has really helped me a lot lately is a screen style eye patch that you can see through a bit. It seems to give me a type of depth perception I don't get with tape or other solid eye patches.I experimented with several different ones in Florida. The results were pretty good, I picked up about 6 trophies or class wins while there for 7 weeks.

I do not get anything from recommending his product. I write this as I have helped lots of other shooters by giving them one of my eye patches. A whole card of different ones is only about $10, helping shooters any way I can is important to me whether they are using my product or not.

I have been bothered by an eye dominance change over the last 5 years and have used other systems that worked but this has been the best for me so far.

To try it call Chris Sawyer at 314-662-3727 or see the product at www.offeye.net. Tell him you read it on here we could make a vendor out of him sometime .

Terry.

#26 ·
Take to the top for Terry. Excellent product and great service - he always responds to questions and has suggestions to help out.
Although I'm not a competitive shooter, the chart increased my average from 21/22, to where it is rare I am less than 23 (mostly 24/25). I'm sure if I practiced more (like he suggests), I would be a lot more consistent. I think this product beats any DVD, clinic, etc out there because it teaches you what to look for.............if you shoot a lot of registered, I would say this chart is an important as your shotgun.

#27 ·
Thanks Lin.

As I wrote earlier I struggled with eye dominance issues but stayed with the screen style patch. With all the eye issues that I have struggled with over the last 5 years I thought seriously about getting a boat and retiring from trap competition. I only shot 4 days of registered after March in Florida. One was a small 1 day shoot and another a 3 day shoot at my home club. I shot practice twice since March.

I used the Wall Chart a lot but never seen any real good results on the cooler windy days. I went to the Buckeye Classic in Ohio last week at the last minute with a good friend in his motor-home. The results from the hours I spent on the chart finally showed up. I find I always get some good results but not always on the day that I wanted them to be there.

At the Buckeye Classic:

I won the event 5 Veteran 16 yard Championship with a 100.
Was Veteran Champion on the Handicap Championship with 96 (97 was high).
Won the Veteran Runner-up on the High All-Around.
I was High Over All Champion on the 1000 targets with 968.

Scores were 16's 100-98-100-98. Handicap 95-95-95-96. Doubles 95-96.

My thoughts about retiring from registered trap are on hold for awhile.

God Bless.

Terry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.