1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jordan Wall Chart

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by snowbird, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

0   0   0

Hi.

I am here in Florida for the Southern Grand and Florida State shoot. I have some 8 footers with me, all the 10 footers are gone.

If you pick one up here or have a friend that is here get it you save $25 to $32 on shipping. 8 footers are $125 here.

Shipping one from here in Florida saves about 75% over shipping one from Canada.

The chart has really worked great for me again this month. After not shooting a real shell after the Dixie Grand. I shot a couple days at the Florida chain shoot and a shot the PVA shoot. At this Southern Grand I won AAA singles on Monday (100x100 and 100x100 on Tuesday in the carry over)and was AAA runner-up in doubles on Monday. Doubles 97-96-97-95 after nothing but Wall Chart use.

A senior-vet here that was struggling a bit hit back to back 99's in 16's and won a handicap shoot-off after about 10 days of 8 foot chart use. He is very pleased with the chart and the quick results he got with it.

Thanks.

Terry.

Phone here (on a Magic Jack) 205 294 7600

2. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

0   0   0

Hi Terry,

Sounds like your work with the chart is still paying off for you...

Great to see you are back in form after your problems....

Keep in touch with your plans for the trip home...

Would love to have you and Nancy spend some time with us, but we would understand if you can't.

Pass the invite on to all our Canadian friends who would like to visit us. We have plenty of camping space...LOL

Keep your wood on the wood,

Dave and Judy in SC

3. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

0   0   0

Hi Dave.

I am pretty sure I am going to go back home up 95 and will stop in and see you for a day or so. I have a few chart owners in SC. that want me to come up that way.

MIKE DEHABEY (Ohio, in my squad this week) has used my chart for a month or so since the Dixie Grand and has shot really great handicap down here. He came in second today with a 97 and was 3rd. and 4th. in two other handicaps this week winning both shoot-offs earlier this week. Mike has been a great handicap shooter for years but is very happy with his Wall Chart and his results so far this week after using it for a month.

Terry.

4. shotgunpeople

0   0   0

That's great Terry,

Keep us posted as time gets closer !!!

The spare bedroom is yours as long as you like !!!

Can't wait to see you !!!

Dave and Judy in SC

5. Bluerock1

Bluerock1 Member

0   0   0

Terry,
    Is there any advantage of the ten footer over the eight footer?
    Thanks in advance,
    Bill

6. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

0   0   0

Hi Bill.

I don't think there is any advantage as far as the results you get from working on them.

If you have a big room where you can get back 17 feet or so I prefer the 10 footer. It is like watching a large tv it really surprises you how big it is on the wall and you feel like you are really at a trap range.

We had a 497 squad this morning in the first half of the 16's. We were all straight to about the 68th. target. I was on post 5 and drew a sharp right that was a bit high and missed it. Everyone was hitting them hard in the fantastic weather we are having here.

I was really sick that I missed it, we were all within 7 targets of all heading into the last trap with a possible 100 going. It is not fun being the first guy to miss on a squad like that but that is a road I went down before.

Bob Lee 99

Terry Jordan 99

Mike Dehabey 99

Verne Higgs 100

Bob Schoenrock 100

Terry.

The ten foot chart is mounted on the wall with the very top at about 78" from the floor, it hangs down 36". You use it from 13' (16 yards) back to 24' (27 yards).

The 8 footer is mounted on the wall with the top at 72" and it hangs down 30". The 8 footer is used from 10' (16 yards) back to 19' (27 yards).

If you haven't got 16 to 18 feet of room to get back I think you are better off with the smaller 8 footer. The larger one is a great chart if you have lots of room but I use and like them both.

7. shotgunpeople

0   0   0

Nice shooting Terry and company....

Terry, I sent you a private email...

Dave in SC

8. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

0   0   0

Hi Dave.

The 199 got me to the AAA shoot-off but I missed one real early and exited first round. It was at about 8:30 they were hard to see and I quick shot one. It was exciting to get out in front of the crowd again.

I had a 199 in the Dixie Grand and the Southern Grand, close but not the 200 I wanted.

I am pretty sure I am going to go back up your way on the way home.

Terry.

9. Remington STS

Remington STS TS Member

0   0   0

Terry will you be at the Arizona state shoot? I'd like to see one in person (also I'm a tightwad and want to save on shipping lol) I'll be at some other shoots but I was going to try and pick one up in the warmer months. Thanks STS

10. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

0   0   0

Hi STS.

I am going back to Canada in early April, I will not be in Arizona. I want to get back there some year I was there once and really liked it. Send me your e-mail I will send you some pictures of it.

Terry.

11. Remington STS

Remington STS TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the reply Terry my email is in my info. STS

12. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

0   0   0

Will you be at the Ohio State shoot?? If so will you have a both there?? Thanks

13. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

0   0   0

Hi PJ999.

Yes I will be at Ohio for sure and will have both sizes with me, I shot all 3 of the main shoots they had there last year. I will probably have one on display there and I will have my laptop with me. My wife Nancy has MS. and rides a red scooter she is easy to find, I won't be far away.

Thanks.

Terry.

14. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

0   0   0

Just an update.

I never fired a real shell after the Dixie Grand before coming to Florida at the first of March. I felt like I did not do enough Wall Chart work in February. I was too busy making charts but still felt I did enough moves to shoot well here.

Since last Monday my singles have been good, 100-100-97-99-100-100, doubles 97-96-97-95-93-95, handicap has not been great, last 5 all 90's 91 today, 47x50 then two 22's on two windy traps.

Terry.

15. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Terry,

How many "moves" do you aim for per day?

16. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

0   0   0

Hi Rich.

I do about 50 most days if I miss a day or two I do about a 100 to catch up a bit.

If a big shoot is coming up I do more some days but that is not very often most days it only takes about 10 to 15 minutes.

I keep bringing the gun to where I am looking on the chart and followng through a bit. Today was really windy, targets were from 8 feet high to 50 feet high. I hit 98 today I just look at them, at the front leading edge. I don't ever see how the gun gets there I see the shadow of the barrel and that it has arrived on the target.

Terry.

17. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

0   0   0

18. Beni

Beni Member

0   0   0

Hi Terry, Do you actually set your POA then pick out atarget look at the front edge and bring gun to the bird or do you set your POA then look out over your gun and then make a move to abird thanks beni

19. James.c

James.c Member

0   0   0

Glad to hear your doing so well down south terry. for everyone considering buying a chart they're a great tool. i would encourage anyone with the room to get one. wish everyone luck terry hope to see you in st.thomas again soon

Jamie Calvert

20. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

0   0   0

Hi Beni.

From the written method (which is free)

When I dry fire closer to the chart I hold about 6 inches above the top edge of the trap house most of the time, going higher and lower at times so you are ready for any length of move to the target. Using a snap cap I hold about 6 inches above the trap house then I look into the grass at a small spot on the chart where the gun is pointing for about two seconds to get that “quiet eye” soft focus then I quickly look up to the targets lead mark, swing to the lead mark and click the trigger on the mark making sure to follow through at least a few inches past the lead dot. As long as your eyes are getting to the target ahead of your gun you are using the chart correctly. When my eyes get up to the targets lead mark the gun is probably about ½ to ¾ of the way up to the mark. I am looking at the lead dot when I see the shadow of the gun barrel arriving in the picture. I shoot a release trigger so I try to let it go as the image of the gun barrel passes the lead dot.

When working on long yardage handicap, dry firing from further back at the 27 yard distance. I use the same gun hold points as I do up closer to the chart, but I will look right up at the target’s lead mark most of the time and move the gun to where I am looking. It may seem strange holding lower on the chart and looking up at the targets lead marks but this drill is teaching you how to get the gun to exactly where your eyes are looking. A good mix of both eye hold methods seems to work great for me.

The following through is VERY IMPORTANT it teaches you to stay on the gun for a second or two without lifting your head after you pull or release the trigger. When you learn to stay on that extra second at home that staying on the stock is there when you shoot real targets. You need to build that muscle memory move of not lifting your head up as you pull the trigger and the chart will give you that. When you do the correct move hundreds of times at home it is there on the real trap range. The lifting your head, jerking with your left hand, rolling with the recoil before the gun goes off, stopping your swing and taking the gun down too fast on real targets causes more misses than anything else in competition shooting. The one simple act of following through smoothly at home on the Wall Chart after you pull the trigger for at least 6 inches can cure all of these problems.

Terry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.