1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jordan wall chart help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tcr1146, Aug 12, 2013.

1. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I assume Terry is at Sparta and not available to help me! Does anyone have complete instructions on how to use this chart? For example, the instructions I have tell how far away and how high to mount it on the wall. However, my instructions do not tell how to move laterally to simulate the different posts 1-5?! Can someone provide the instructions please!? Thanks, Tom Rhoads p.s. Is there any contact you have for him that he may respond!?

2. tcr1146

I assume Terry is at Sparta and not available to help me! Does anyone have complete instructions on how to use this chart? For example, the instructions I have tell how far away and how high to mount it on the wall. However, my instructions do not tell how to move laterally to simulate the different posts 1-5?! Can someone provide the instructions please!? Thanks, Tom Rhoads p.s. Is there any contact you have for him that he may respond!?

3. kenf

kenf Active Member

Terry is in Sparta- I was E-mailing with him last week. He E-mailed me the general instructions, but I was told that there were a few more attachments that he would send later with my chart. Someone should be able to chime in and help.

4. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

In my opinion, the most left, and the most right target on the chart are more than you would "see" if standing on post 3. You don't need to move around.

I actually printed some "very light bluish" squares to block out both of the "1st shot doubles targets", and the 2nd, 4th and 8th, and 10th higher targets. I have the large chart and it was just a little too busy.

If you want to "imagine' you're on "1", just don't use the 2 most right targets. Same with 5, and the 2 left targets. Yea the house isn't square, but use your imagination.

I like Terry Jordan's instructions. I also like info from other sources. I'm having good luck from a sporting clay's article I read that states to "get behind" the gun, or rib, whatever. Daro Handy's book seems to fall in line with this type of thinking.

The "wall chart" will help with handicap, and that's where it's at.

I have the "Sparta" chart, and the Trap pictured is numbered "2B". I e-mailed Terry to see if it had any reference to Shakespeare's: "To be, or Not to be", but he said it was just a coincidence. Good Luck, Randy.

P.S. I don't think you need to cock your gun every time you set up. Sometimes I just keep the gun up and go from house to target, over, and over, and over.

5. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

This is from the write up everyone gets with a chart.

My basement is narrow and I just stay in the post 3 view. I can move a bit sideways and I can get like where a post 2 would be (about 5 feet over). If you have room to move sideways a bit that is fine but it is not necessary. I have used the Wall Chart this way for 30 years with good success. The amount of actual gun movement is about the same for all posts. When you can move smoothly anywhere in the “Vee” shape the chart makes you can shoot any post.

I change my hold points sometimes by holding off to the right of the trap house and make a longer physical move to the sharp left target or reverse that to make a longer move to the sharp rights. By varying your hold points a bit left and right and heights of the hold you can be ready for any length of gun move you will see on a real trap range.

6. tcr1146

Thanks Terry! I have been experimenting since I started this thread and you are right! There are many ways to duplicate actual targets without moving or, moving very little! Thanks again and will let the guys know how this works out for me! Tom Rhoads

7. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

I have never used the chart from any position except "post 3". The more you use it the more you will understand just what the chart is making you do. Just use it, you will see!!!

8. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Muscle memory! I used it tonight in my garage in Johannesburg! 100 singles repetitions and 50 doubles repetitions.

9. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

The chart has worked ok. for me. I won two trophies here and had a few good scores here, a 98 99 98 in doubles are the highlights so far. I have a few wall charts with me.

Terry.

Search tags for this page

how does a jordan wall chart work