1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Joplin Tornado Pictures

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Unsingle, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Sorry guys, can't get it to load correctly.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Ummm Your link is not what you think it is.

3. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Thanks grntitan. Made changes.

4. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I was visiting my brother north of Tulsa when this happened and he and his wife were devistated . He had worked in Joplin for many years and they took frequent trips there . His wife lived in Miami and Grove and never saw a tornado in 60 years ??

5. grntitan

I have seen a tornado and never want to again. I'm not ashamed to say i have nighmares from the brief encounter i had. The storms do not discriminate and its a roll of the dice everytime the storms form over tornado alley. Everyplace has its dangers though. Earthquakes, hurricanes, landslides volcanoes etc. etc. Mother Nature is in charge and we must learn to live with it. We can't change Mother Nature.

6. grntitan

Thanks Rick and of course Unsingle. That worked. The pics are shocking!!!!! I know one family in Joplin from my years in truck driving and they were missed by a 1/2 mile. When you speak of a 4 mile wide tornado thats not much. The Johnson family i know are all accounted for and fine despite their loss of many friends.

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Been through a couple of tornados in my life. They aren't any sort of picnic when you take a direct hit. Especially working in the fields and your hanging on the tractor for dear life, literally! The first thing you check on is your family then you make your way to the neighbors until everyone has had a chance to be accounted for. Then the clean-up and rebuilding takes place. Watch the Amish recover from a tornado outbreak and you'd be amazed at how quick they get back to business as usual.

ss

8. ljutic 111

ljutic 111 TS Member

A few weeks ago there was an earthquake in Lorca, Spain . Watched the steeple fall from the top of a church there that we had my grand-daughter christened back in the spring of 2003 . No ome in my sons in-law family were injured but one's car was flattened from part of a building crushing it . The thought of May 21st were just coming up on the TV and news stations ??? Coincidence or what ???

9. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Tha is what it looked like in South Florida after Andrew went through Florida City and Homestead.

10. grntitan

391 shooter--I had the misfortune of driving down the Florida Turnpike and thru Florida City and Homestead just a few months after. Your 100% right. It looked as if a Nuclear bomb had been dropped there. I always remember there was a motel/hotel right off the highway that was 2 or 3 stories tall and you could see clean thru it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.