1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jones Stock Adjuster

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by supersenior, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supersenior

supersenior Member

Does vertical lowering of the recoil pad 1" on a BT99 Plus fitted with a Jones Stock Adjuster,change the POI?
    I haven't had an opportunity to test it due to bad weather.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You won't know for sure until you shoot it. Probabaly very little change. HMB

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Only if you are resting your cheek on the adjuster-pad. LOL. It may change the location of the pad on your shoulder when you mount the gun, but your cheek should still be in the same position, or level on the comb.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Raise your comb and you will raise your POI.

6. rick979

rick979 Active Member

7. bob easton

bob easton TS Member

If you place the lowered pad against your shoulder exactly the same way you used to place the butt (or non-lowered pad), YES it will change the POI.

If instead, you lowered the pad to hit a more comfortable spot on your shoulder, such as below the collar bone, ... AND ... you keep your cheek on the comb exactly as before, no change to POI.

--
    Bob

8. supersenior

supersenior Member

The reason I'm lowering the pad is to keep my face/cheek in a more upright position on the comb.Having a longer neck,I have to lower my face/cheek on the comb,thus restricting my view of the target.
    I'm aware of raising and lowering the comb will definitely alter the POI, but I didn't think that it would alter the POI by lowering the pad.
    The pad will be placed exactly in the same position on my shoulder,thus keeping my face in a more upright position.

9. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

As per bob easton, what you have in effect done is raise your comb, because you say the butt (recoil pad) will stay in the same position. It would change the POI depending on how it affected your cheek placement. Ross

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

jones stock adjuster

jones stock adjuster pad
jones stock adjuster reviews
stock adjuster a vs b
trap stock adjuster