1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jones recoil pad adj.'er question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fishguts, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishguts

fishguts Member

Jones recoil pad adj.

Has anyone tried one of those do-it-yourself Jones pad adjusters I've seen in some magazines? The add state's "grind 1/16 inch off the stock plate, add a pad and it's ready to go". What is the removal of 1/16" accomplishing? I don't see how doing this makes it fit properly.

Wayne

2. yansica1

yansica1 Member

I would have thought they are trying to say doing that will mean you are not adding anymore length to your present set up?

3. DaveXT

DaveXT Member

Fishguts,

The adjuster was designed so that the metal you need to grind to make it fit your specific stock is thinner than the other plates. This decreases the grinding time and makes it easier for someone to complete the task at home. I just had one put on last week.

Dave

4. fishguts

fishguts Member

Thanks Dave.........

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If you don't like grinding, try to find a thinner replacement pad (if possible). There's quite a variety out there.

The Jones stock adjuster is worth the price, and well made. Steel thread inserts, and lots of adjustment in most any direction. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.