1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jones Adjuster ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Please share your thoughts on the Jones Adjuster, the adaptor that allows you to move your recoil pad up and down as well as clockwise and counterclockwise.

2. Straight50

Straight50 Member

Older models work better than the new ones in my opinion.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Gets the job done. HMB

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

One thing I liked about my Jones adjuster was the steel threads (in the aluminum body)were strong enough that, if I ran out of adjustment I could remove one of the locking sockethead screws and the remaining one/two was powerful enough to hold everything in place without loosening.

Mine is obviously an "older model"(at least 12 years old), as mentioned by Straight50, so I can't exactly speak for what is offered today. They are likely still well made, incredibly thin, and pretty much impossible to wear out. Sounds like a phone call to them would clear things up. Mine cost $50 and has been worth it. Good luck.

Bob Falfa

*Looks like the 100 Straight adjuster does have more ability to twist it. Thru the pad adjustment would definitely be a plus. See link.

5. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

I like the 100 Straight adjustable. Has more adjustment than the Jones. I have them on three shotguns. Never any problems.

6. soup

soup Member

I have 3 of them . If you have any questions you can call Steve Jones on the phone in California and he will gladly answer them for you.

7. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

100 straight I like better.

8. In plain view

In plain view Member

I've used Jones for years, wouldnt use anything else. I have 3 of my guns equipped with the adjustables now. I can change my assortmant of Kickeez pads with no grinding. Steve Jones is a joy to work with. Highly recommened him. Bob in Los Angeles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.