1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Joining The NRA Should Be a Requirement

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bucko43, Nov 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

If you like shooting for sport, then you should promote joining the NRA. They are the only entity that will stand up for shooters when the pressure comes to stop our sport. The shooting club I joined makes it a requirement to be a current NRA member if you want to either join the club or renew your membership. All shooting ranges should require this, then the NRA will have a bigger voice with the coming administration. Sure, they ask you to donate money non-stop. How else would you know that they need support? DONATE WHEN YOU CAN! NOT EVERY TIME THEY ASK FOR MONEY!

Kevin

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Yep!!!

3. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I agree. If a person is going to participate actively in the shooting sports, they should support the organization that fights (successfully) for their rights to own guns.

Actually, it would be nice if ALL gun owners belonged to the NRA, but I don't expect that to happen.

Easystreet

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

yep that is why there arent 50 million NRA members

5. missed some

missed some TS Member

thats the bad part about freedoms. It's just too bad people don't realize how much good they do for gun owners. I don't agree with EVERYTHING the NRA does, I just agree with enough to send them money so you and I can fight for gun rights and not just me.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Only if the NRA represents ALL gun owners. They lost quite a few potential members in 1986, and almost lost more before their mini-revolution in 2004. That at least brought some back into the fold.

7. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE: Only if the NRA represents ALL gun owners.

If only hunters supported the rights of all gun owners...

8. Brian in Oregon

Yep, I'm afraid a lot of misguided Fudds have shot themselves in the foot.

9. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I belong to 3 clubs in south eastern Pa. One of them (Boulder Valley Sportsman Ass.) requires you to belong to the NRA and your membership must be kept up from year to year. Who else is fighting for our rights to own and enjoy firearm sports.

10. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

NRA membership should be a requirement for ATA membership.

If you are a shooter (in any sport) and not an NRA member, you are freeloading off the backs of those who are dues-paying members.

And no, I don't like the constant requests for money either (although that has diminished a lot lately), but how else do you think the NRA can support the 2nd amendment and gun rights, that we ALL enjoy?

bluedsteel

11. Brian in Oregon

Is it true that the NRA backed John Murtha over his pro-gun Republican rival, and not only that, but gave him an A rating?!?!?!

12. RAScott

RAScott Member

I feel that it would be a great idea, For gun shops to either require an NRA membership for for a purchase of a new or used gun, or have them sign up when purchasing a new gun especially when the gun sales are up.
    Bob

13. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

RAScott, your idea is illegal, gun shops are open to the public and not private. What would stop a shop owner from making you join the skinheads, or KKK?

14. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Join the NRA

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp

15. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

So let me get this straight here. If I own a shotgun and am a member of the ATA I should be required to be a Member of the NRA ? . And if I want to be a member of this website I should also be required to be a member of the NRA ? I own a Harley Davidson should I be required to be a member of Hells Angels, Devils Breed. Pagans, Outlaws or Hogs.

16. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

First off, you can contact the NRA and get yourself OFF the promotions and solicitation lists. It drastically cuts down on those pesky mailings, I've done it.

Second, I'm a member, and will continue to be one. I intentionally choose to be an Annual Member (paid 3 years, in advance). I do this for several reasons. Life Members become a financial drag on the organization after +/- 12 years - if they don't contribute to one of those pesky requests. I've been on the board of directors of like organizations and know this fact, first-hand.

Last, I am taking issue with the NRA more-and-more each election cycle. Why? The NRA supports, and promotes Democrats based on one issue - The Second Amendment. This is a self-fulfilling prophecy that will end gun usefulness, if not gun ownership in its final stages.

So what, if an NRA endorsed Democrat votes for ownership issues? Virtually all the Democrats vote to close public gun ranges, vote against open public lands, vote for limited-use federal land grabs, vote for the EPA, and against lead use. These NRA supported/financed Democrats support the radical state governors who end up voting for 'reasonable gun limitations" and most importantly, vote against every other issue that we true conservatives believe in!

I'm getting just about as tired of seeing Wayne and Boddington sneak around Africa shooting big game, as I am watching Wall Street head to their private Spa's with our bailout money.

I've expressed my feelings to the NRA, directly, and have gotten a very lackluster, canned response. I'll remain an NRA member, for now, but these things have to change.

Kip

17. Willus

Willus TS Member

AMA they protect your right to ride

18. Willus

Willus TS Member

AMA they protect your right to ride

19. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Thanks for the reminder...three years ago I gave NRA memberships to my 4 sisters..time to tell Santa again. Two of these girls love to shoot and love talking to some of their patients (they are RN's) about shooting/hunting. They have also taken care of some seniors who fought in WWII..talk about a great history lesson.

20. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

Willus:

I already have my right to ride. What they did not protect was my right to ride without a helmet here in NY State. Thats OT though my queston is because I own a Harley should I be forced to join an MC. Thats my question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.