1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Joining costco?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 635 G, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The internet car dealer I'm working with is offering an additiional $1000,00 & a $500.00 gift card if I belong to Costco-there are none withing 150 miles of where I live---tried getting info about Costco membership-but everytime I try to get on there site--my computer locks up--How do you join Costco?

Lou

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

If you can't get them on the internet, call them. They'll no doubt be happy to send the application and take your $$$. IMHO a great place to shop and save $$$ on many items but no inventory of guns or ammo. Upscale Sam's Club is what it is. Also there price on gas is frequently the lowest around.

3. 5spd

5spd TS Member

How about just telling your dealer if he wants to sell you the car you will buy it at the price you are willing to pay without the BS of a "card".
    Make your offer $1500 lower and say lets make the deal right now!

They can do it believe me.

4. Steve NJ

Steve NJ Member

Big, BJ's is the same! Use to call it the $100 club a few years ago, now its the $200 club also! lol

5. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Lou, another option that works well is to go online to www.edmunds.com. They have a section where you enter the name/model of car you want a quote for and that is sent to as many dealers as you like. It ends up where the dealers internet sales department will give you a bare bones quote. Dealers are hungry and it's an excellent time to buy...but shop for a quote. Another nice thing is you will not deal with any sales people, just the internet sales person...no haggle, no "I need manager approval for your offer", etc. Good luck.

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

You guys are absolutely right, buying a house is easier than buying a car. These salespersons have litterally killed more deals than they closed. I was thinking about a BMW sportwagon, but the salesperson turned me off I walked out, next I was thinking of an Avalanche LTZ--again sales person tried to BS me --finally looking at a Volvo XC70--local dealer had a service loaner with 3k miles on it & wanted more for it than a new one & the new one has more equipment. No wonder the auto industry is on its butt. I'm ready to buy a new XC70,strictly on line from a dealer 210 miles away.

Lou

7. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Call these folks if you want to know what a low price really is. They are the biggest Chrysler product dealer in the world and are in Kellogg Idaho. They will fly you in to pick up your car.

8. 5spd

5spd TS Member

I agree on the Edmonds site. I did that on my Silverado and got 6 prices within a day. Most get back to you in under 12 hrs. I had the local dealer get one from out of state at the price I was willing to pay for everything I required on it and the color I wanted. I just had the online person contact the local online sales girl and it was done....no BSing with a sales person or arm twisting them.

9. bocephus

bocephus Member

Costco stands firmly behind the democrats, over 95% of their political donations go to the left. So remember that next time you are standing in line to give them your money.

10. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Bocephus, can you point me to the specifics of who/what they donate to. Thanks.

11. bocephus

bocephus Member

Google it? (oops they give to the left also) Typical of so many to sit in the dark and wait for someone else to do everything for them. But here is a link for the first one, you can find many others if you take just a couple seconds to do a quick search

click here

12. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Has anyone noticed they post their property AGAINST carry guns. At least they do in TN, got a refund on my membership.

13. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

In other words, Bocephus, you don't know and were shooting from the hip. I did do a search and what I found was their giving is focused on Children, Education, Health and Human Services. Doesn't sound terrible to me. I thought you could provide some specifics but obviously you can't.

14. bocephus

bocephus Member

hitapair, I don't have to do your homework for you, geez what a lazy smarta$$. All I stated was which party they contribute the most to. You couldn't figure that out? Why don't you research it and tell us?

Yes Lead man they have the signs on the buildings here in NV also, NO GUNS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.