1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Join us in acquiring a piece of trap history

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by recurvyarcher, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

A group of us are trying to get together and buy this 1911 Grand American Medal so that we can collectively donate it to the Trapshooting Hall of Fame. We do not have the total amount required for the asking price, and are asking for your help. We need your pledge. Will you join us? Any small amount will add up to help.

We only have 1 week left to collect the remainder of the money. Please email me if you can help. All donors will get a receipt, a certificate of appreciation, and a pin from the HOF.

More pictures and information can be found on the thread at the website listed above. We are just asking for a pledge at this time. The money will be collected after the seller accepts our offer.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

recurvey, how much remains to be raised?

jim

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

You've got mail,
    Jay

4. southpark

southpark TS Member

Curvy, I may be interested in making a donation.

I would like to know how much Jason wants for it, how much have you collected/had pledged so far, and what he plans to do with it if the week deadline comes and goes -- is there a huge market for this sort of thing or is he just trying to see if you'll/we'll blink?

Thank you,
    fatXXXerikcartman@yahoo.com
    (remove XXX)

5. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I will help. Give me a number. Suggestion.Maybe we could donate it in memory of Dick Baldwin.

Joe Woods/Ontario

6. recurvyarcher

A quick note before I get on the road...

Each of you have an email waiting. Jim...email me and I will provide you a total.

Sorry so short, will write more later. Work calls.

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

email addy above less x's.

8. 3357

3357 Member

I am interested in helping, please e-mail me the details, jess

9. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I see you took Bawana's advice and made a post for donation's. How much more do you need?

10. recurvyarcher

Garg, whatever you can give. Please help us if you can.

11. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Devi, You got mail. Todd

12. recurvyarcher

Jess, I sent you an email. It bounced back. Can you email me instead?

Todd, I'll check my email shortly, but will probably not get back to you until the morning. I'm worn out (teenage daughters...OMG!!!!)

13. zoom

zoom TS Member

I see that some people are asking who much money has been donated but don't get a answer. So I'll ask too. How much has been donated and how much more money do you need ???.I would like to send you a donation but would like to get some of the facts.

Bill C

14. recurvyarcher

Bill, you can email me and I will let you know where we are at. If you think about it for a minute, you will realize that posting the collected amount (when there are other bidders involved) may not be the wisest thing to do.

15. mearss1

mearss1 TS Member

Devi - Glad to see you and 'PheasantMaster' at the range yesterday. This attempt to save this precious piece of our trap shooting history is heroic in scope. This is the only piece that remains that we have a chance to obtain for all of us and our future generations to view. The quality of this is from a bye gone age. Trophies like this are not likely to be seen, or given out, again. I understand that not all people are interested in trap shooting like some of us, thus they have the perfect right to just ‘walk on by’ and not help us in this venture. Personally, I will sacrifice a round or two of trap ( no mean sacrifice for me!) and donate that money to obtain this for our Hall of Fame. If we can secure this for our posterity, the knowledge that I have aided in this cause will far outweigh the loss of a couple of rounds of my one passion left in life. I’d be very proud to frame that certificate we’ll receive. It will go to the forefront of my shooting career’s awards. The joy of pointing this out to my children and grandchildren, along with a trip to see it, will be quite a thrill. If everyone could only see and understand this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to really ‘give something back’ to our sport, please help and contribute anything you can .. .. even if only a dollar .. .. every dollar counts to obtain this beautiful piece of our common history from 96 years ago. 1911, only one year before the Titantic sunk, 3 years before the start of World War I. End of an era folks. Please donate whatever you can to support this truly momentous endeavor. Every trap shooter will appreciate your effort and owe you a debt of gratitude for themselves and all posterity for saving this relic for everyone to see & enjoy in OUR Trap shooting Hall of Fame.

Skip

16. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

You have new mail Devi.

Guy

17. Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew

Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew TS Member

No one can express more eloquently or with more passion than Skip in his previous post. The history of this sport must be preserved for future generations to admire. Please help Devi make this acquisition happen for the sake of all of competing today and as a continuing memorial to those shooters who have passed on before.

And to get yourself into a living piece of trapshooting history, sit down and talk with some of the "old timers" like C.A. Washburn and listen to some of the stories of our sport from 50 and 60 years ago. Time well spent.

Dave Shaeffer, Sr.

18. recurvyarcher

Bill, thanks for the email. I just replied to everyone this morning. The donations are still coming in, and our total is slowly climbing.

If any of you know people who are not ts.com readers, and you think that they might like to join us in our effort, please have them email me. Those of you that have my phone number, feel free to give it out to other trap shooters, and to board members at the trap clubs.

I know that you all probably give donations throughout the year to various charities, and I understand that there is only so much you can do. If you can't do anything more than $10, that is fine with us.

As far as I know, this is the only medal of its kind that has been located. There are others, but we don't know where they are, or if they have been melted down by heirs, etc.

19. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Do we still need more help or why is this thread not at the top of our agenda on trapshooters.com

Joe Woods/Ontario

20. recurvyarcher

Zara...thank you! We will collect all of the pledges after Sunday when Jason accepts our offer. We have a credit card set up from the kindness of a fellow trap shooter where you will be able to call and donate. This is a wonderful donation of his time, and we all know that the companies charge a fee for each transaction, so in this way he is also donating money to our effort.

The donations are still coming in, but we still need more. Please help if you are out there and you can help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.