1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Join the Southern California Gold Rush!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBrooks, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

The Southern California Gold Rush is an exciting new opportunity provided by the National Clay Sports Foundation, in cooperation with the participating trap clubs, to give shooters added incentive for participating in ATA registered trapshooting.

Each quarter of the shooting year beginning September 1, 2007, the Foundation will award one quarter ounce gold coin belt buckles to the Champions in five handicap yardage groups, short 19-21 yards; mid 22-24 yards; long 25-26 yards; 27 yards; and a special Master Class for shooters who have established handicap averages above 91.5.

The format is simple. Shooters must post a minimum of two registered handicap scores each quarter at each of the four participating gun clubs. The gun clubs are: Redlands Shooting Park, Oak Tree Gun Club, Triple-B Clays and Santa Clarita Clay Target Sports, home of the North Hollywood Sportsman's Club.

For more information, go to www.so-cal-gold.com. The first qualifying shoot is the Oak Tree Shoot 9/1 & 2, two handicaps each day!

Also, tell us what you think of this format.

2. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Why does this stuff always occur ONLY in Southern California? It seems the "special" type of shoots are always in the southern part of the state. Why are we in the North not included? Just wondering.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

JBrooks- I like the idea very much and am thinking about copying your idea for SW Virginia. Please tell me how the handicap champion is determined at the end of each quarter?

starshot2b- You asked an interesting question. Why don't you organize some special shoots for the Northern section of the state?

Pat Ireland

4. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Mr. Ireland - as whiny as my post sounded (and it did after reading it again), it's more a matter of envy. The Southern folks have great programs. We just don't have these types of events up here. I'm guessing it's because we don't throw as many ATA targets vs. PITA targets, or perhaps our clubs are just too far apart. I really don't know.

On that note, Mr. Brooks, could you please provide me information so that I can investigate further for the Northern folks? My email is above.

Thank you both.

Sherree

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Pat and starshot2b,

We don't award an overall champion each quarter, just a champion in the 5 yardage groups. However, a special shootoff for all the quarterly champions at yearend may be great fun.

As for having a "Gold Rush" in your areas, the Foundation will be glad to sponsor and manage them. By the end of the day tomorrow there will be a page up on the website to inform and invite interested gun clubs about that. We will supply all the collateral material, create and manage a website like So-Cal-Gold.com and even do direct mail campaigns at no charge to the Clubs.

Because we are based in Southern California, it was relatively easy to prototype the program here. However, with our work to date and what we will learn over the next couple of months, we should be ready to help clubs setup programs in their areas for January 1st starts.

6. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

Sounds like a great idea,,,except, there are some of those clubs that I have shot at, that I vowed to not shoot at again for verious reason/s,,,so I guess I'll not see you there.

7. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

8. sunbroker

sunbroker TS Member

San Diego is throwing targets that first weekend in Sept. Redlands the following weekend.

9. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

10. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

11. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

12. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

13. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

14. Dustimall

Dustimall TS Member

J Brooks,:
    I think it is a great program. OakTree is my past shooting grounds, but find it alive and Well. Booge, bless her Heart made that club ,what it is today. Did you ever consider a shoot in her memory?. What a lady she was. She built that club, shot with the best, God love her for that. On the other hand, I knew her personally, she was straight up, and loved everyone enjoying shooting Trap, she loved that sport and was one of the best. Oh, the BBq's we had... I can't tell you enough how much everyone enjoyed her cooking, and her personality. Nobody came close.

I have not shot there for at least more than 20 years now, but it seems like yesterday to me. Where does the time go??? I may get back down there one day, in fact I will. Curiosity has me, I do want to see it again, and shoot a few rounds.

My buddies, might be gone, but I will still remember.

Shootnclays

15. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Shootnclays,

Booge is an absolute legend. Everyone that knew her has a great story to tell about her. You will find that Oak Tree has changed but you probably remember it can be a challenge to shoot when the wind swirls through the canyons. If you're coming, let me know and I would enjoy shooting a few rounds and hearing some stories.

JT

16. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

17. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

18. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

UP... Fred

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.