1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

John Storm

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BBowen, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBowen

BBowen Member

I got word late last night that John Storm was very seriously injured late Sunday afternoon in an unusual accident involving his motor home. He is in critical condition in a Lincoln, Nebraska hospital. I don't know many details expect to say that his injuries are life threatening and involved major surgeries. Apparently, he was on the way home from the high school shoot at Doniphan, Ne. I heard this morning that he was stable. If someone posted earlier, I didn't see it.

Bruce Bowen

2. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Well, he's always treated me very fairly and his jackets are (IMO) the best.

I am praying for his complete recovery. I hope others will join me, whether they know John or not.

Bob

3. max trap

max trap Member

I also heard about Johns terrible accident. I was told his injuries are horrific. Our thoughts and prayers are with John and his loved ones right now. John has a special place in our family. When my son Johnny was very young John handed him a fully engraved Silver Seitz to shoot. My son shot it really well and John would encourage my son to have me get him a Seitz. I gave in and bought him one and when I complained to John about what it cost me that day he handed him that damn Seitz... John would just howl with laughter !!

Ed and John Grubbs

4. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Bruce, thanks for posting. I hadn't heard about the accident. I just talked to him yesterday at the High School shoot.

My thoughts and prayers with John.

Steve Elliott

5. NMULTRARUNNER55

NMULTRARUNNER55 Member

Best wishes for a complete recovery for John. I was at the Spring Grand one year in Phoenix and it started pouring rain. I had forgotten my rain gear at home. I went to buy some from John and he was out. He loaned me his personal jacket and pants to wear!

Steve Nunley

Albuquerque, NM

6. chipking

chipking TS Member

Praying for a full and speedy recovery.

--- Chip King ---

7. J.D. Squire

J.D. Squire Member

It is always a blast to hear "John Storm" stories. During the summer and vacations from college i always stop out and see John for an afternoon. We go get lunch and talk about what has taken place in my absence. haha. My favorite story i like to share is that when i was still in high school i was going to the ECTC shoots and a few ATA shoots that summer and he asked me if i wanted to take a few coats with me and sell them for him. i jumped at the opportunity. On the way back from lunch one day we made a detour by way of Lincoln and went to the Fort Western Wear store. He said to me, "If you’re going to sell my coats you need a Black Western Hat"(just like John's). So we went in and he found the nicest hat they had. He said it’s perfect and we will take it. I said John i can’t afford this and he just smiled and said it’s your graduation present. I will keep going back to visit my friend in the hospital until he is better and i cant wait to go back out to lunch with him! I think that if any of you have a "John Story" like Ed and Steve, i think John will get a good chuckle out of reading these once he recovers. God Bless

J.D.

8. ms_yuan

ms_yuan Member

Best wishes to him for a full and fast recovery. I just purchased a jacket and pair of pants from him. Top quality stuff. Folks at the club are always asking me where I got the jacket. Sorry to hear of this, nnd hoping you're back on your feet real soon.

9. shotgun4fun

shotgun4fun Member

My thoughts and prayers go out to John for a speedy and full recovery. John has been a very good friend of mine and the entire trapshooting community for years. I have so many stories to tell about John this forum does not offer enough room. Whenever I experienced any problems or issues with my shooting performance I could always depend on John to provide good advice and a pep talk to get me back on track. John you are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Feltman

10. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Prayers going out for John. I have Storm jackets, best I've seen. Great jacket, great guy!

11. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

Any updates, please?

Bill

12. 870shooter

870shooter Member

John's youngest daughter called my father saturday night, it happened on the way back from Donaphin saturday afternoon, yes his injuries are horrible, what a tragic thing. I have known John my entire life, I do not remember a time when I did not know him, I spent lots of time as a kid running around with his kids at gun clubs, while traveling with my Dad, Dad and Stanley O went to the hospital yesterday and saw the family, Lisa was still coming in from Chicago. The prognosis is not good at all from what I have been told, I have heard nothing more today, I think Dad is going to try to see him, they have been good freinds for 50 years. It is my understanding he pulled over and got out of the motorhome somewhere around Goehner, something was wrong, a mirror or something, and the motothome ran over him, he was taken by rescue squad to York, then lifeflighted to Lincoln, it is my understanding he has already had one leg removed, possibly both at this point, it was being discussed, his pelvis is crushed and has severe internal injuries.
    My heart and prayers, as I know all of your's are too, go out to John and his family. I really do not know what else to say.

870shooter
    Bill Lux

13. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Prayers going to John and his family.

blade819

14. C1

C1 Member

John and his family are in our prayers. Fr. Stammitti was at my house yesterday when I heard the news and I know he to is praying for John.

There are no replacements for people like John Storm and it would be tragic to lose him.

Gary Riecke

15. J.D. Squire

J.D. Squire Member

UPDATE:

I just talked to Bev and she said John is doing good and he is stable. He has been in surgery since 11 this morning just to clean wounds. His heart and other organs are working good from what the tests show. Bev and the family thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

J.D.

16. Laserwizard

Laserwizard Member

I have not had the pleasure of meeting him, but absolutely love his shooting coats and vests. I'd own no other. God bless him and his family. We wish him a speedy recovery.

17. happy

happy Member

Hope John recovers, I have been going to call him for months just to b.s. and now this happens. Don't put off things with friends , life changes to quick. Get well John so I can call soon and wear you down on the phone, Norm Gilmoure (gota Hav It) Thanks for all the great coats.

18. bas

bas Member

Just heard this news and our thoughts and prayers to John and family. Glad to hear from Bev John is good and stable.

19. Texas Clays

Texas Clays Member

What terrible news about a great guy, I sold his coats for several years and never had a complaint. The best part about selling his coats was talking to him about the order, we fussed and cussed for at least an hour before we ever came to an agreement, My prayers are with John and his family, God Bless.

Buddy

20. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with John. Dave Bishop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.