1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

John Storm memorial

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ashley, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashley

ashley TS Member

After Johns death this past summer, some of us tried to think of a way to memorialize him. He meant so much to so many people.
    We found a local artist to make a beautiful and unique bench, very much in Johns spirit. It will be steel that he will have powder coated, with the seat made of a half log of Nebraska Red Cedar.

If anyone would like to be part of this project and make a contribution, your name will appear on the attached plaque. Please understand, no amount is too small and any contribution is welcome. To make a contribution, you can write a check to any Wells Fargo, anywhere, and specify that it's for the John Storm Memorial. If you write a check it will assure that we will get your name for the plaque.

We will accept donations until the bench is finished this Spring. When it's finished it will be placed at the Lincoln Trap and Skeet club in Lincoln , Nebraska. If there are donations over the cost of the bench, they will be donated to one of Johns favorite charities, Havanese Rescue Inc. a 501 (c) (3) non-profit dog rescue group. www.Havaneserescue.com

Thank you in advance.
    Beverly Ashley

2. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Great idea! I will stop by Wells tomorrow and make a donation.
    Rooferbob

3. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

What a nice thing Bev:
    I will stop by and make a donation as well.
    ps: Beverly Ashley was John's constant companion for 20+ years; the lady who was with John when you ordered a coat from him personally.

Sam Ogle, Lincoln, NE

4. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Beverly
    I have been to 2 different Wells Fargo locations and neither one can find the memorial fund.
    Can we send a check to you directly to insure that it gets to the right place?
    Rooferbob

5. ashley

ashley TS Member

Yes, that would be fine, but I need to find out what the problem is because that was one reason I went that way, to make it easy for anyone. I will PM you my address and will look into Paypal tonight.
    Thanks so much for the heads up!
    Beverly

6. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

7. ashley

ashley TS Member

If anyone is trying to make a donation and Wells Fargo is having trouble finding the memorial account, the account number is 1815492523.
    Thanks!
    Beverly

8. Many ears

Many ears TS Member

Great idea Bev. I sure miss John and you and the good times we had vending
    together. I am sending a check to you for this memorial. Della

9. ashley

ashley TS Member

Thank you so much Della. I can't tell you how much I miss that fun of setting up, you, Jerry, John and I.
    I even missed the setting up in the Summer tornados and the Fall Handicap wind storms and down pours!

I'll sure be thinking of you in Tucson.
    Beverly

10. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

11. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT for John..

12. husker

husker Member

13. ashley

ashley TS Member

I wanted to remind people that if you are trying to make a donation and the Wells Fargo is having trouble finding the John V. Storm memorial fund, you may have to give them the account number 1815492523.

Thanks,
    Beverly Ashley

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.