1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

John McCain Anti Gun Record

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ellen, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellen

Ellen TS Member

Now that most of the primaries are over and John McCain has the most delegates on the Republican side of the fence when are people going to wake up and realize that if you vote for him in November (just because he is the Republican Presidential candidate) that he has the most outrageous anti gun record while in the senate and he will try to do away with your gun shows, he will try to register your guns, and he will side with the democrats on any anti gun legislation. He prides himself in being able to "reach across the isle" to his democratic buddies and get legislation drawn up and passed that is palitable to everyone. Is this the kind of president we want in the White House? If it is, then I think I just might stay home in November because no matter who is on the ballot for president we will have 4 years (hopefully not 8 years) of the same anti gun crap no matter who you vote for.
    Now while I am on my soapbox, do we even want to consider the fact that when McCain was a prisioner of war that he sold all of his fellow prisioners out just to get home alive. This doesn't sound to me like a war hero. This sounds like a traitor who would sell America out if he had a chance.

2. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

You are probably right, but he is far away the better for us than Clinton or Obama. Sad but true.

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

McCain is a democrap in the suit of a Republican who uses his former POW status to open a lot of doors ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Ellen:

Listing valid political critisism of McCain is a no brainer. Finding fault with his military service and in particular, his conduct as a POW isn't.

"...he sold all of his fellow prisioners out..."

Care to back that statement up with specific and verifiable facts?

sissy

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

Ellen...

You are DEAD wrong. John McCain was offered a get out of jail card but he REFUSED because it did not include his fellow prisoners. On this issue McCain is a true hero.

You may not feel he is conservative enough but he is all we have and he is far better that Osoma Obama and Her.

6. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Ellen:

I do no agree with your assessment of John McCain. Who are you to criticize John McCain's war record?

General Norman Schwarzkopf has endorsed John McCain which puts your assessment in doubt.

IMO, John McCain has the best chance to defeat the Democratic candidate in the fall election. Speaking out against him, especially with inaccurate statements, is basically an anti-gun position.

Ed Ward

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

As I said on another thread, if the choice is Hillarious rated with an "F" and McCain rated with a "D-", it's still better to go with the better rating. Not voting isn't a choice and guarantees our worst fears.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

8. Black Rifle

Black Rifle TS Member

Take a look at the article linked above and decide for yourself...

Personally, I don't consider him a war hero. I'll concede, for the moment, that he acted admirably as a POW; as did hundreds if not thousands of other brave American fighting men! God bless them. But having your aircraft shot out from under you a$$ does not make you a "war hero" in my book. I prefer to use that label for the likes of Alvin York, Audie Murphy and all the Medal of Honor winners throughout our history. And yes, there are many others including all the unsung heroes whose names we'll never know.

War record aside, I personally have come to the conclusion that McCain is a traitor to the Republican party and more importantly to the conservative cause. In plain language, he has repeatedly violated his oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States. One clear example is McCain-Feingold.

Therefore, if McCain is the nominee, I will not vote for him. And no, I won't vote for Hillary or Obama either. I'll either go third party, write-in, or not pull any lever for President. I'll just try for damage control with the House and Senate elections.

9. spritc

spritc Active Member

Black rifle, if others follow your direction and not vote for President, then Osama Obama will be our next President. I think Ellen may be an anti-gunner trying to get you to sway to the left, sounds like she has succeeded.

Steve

10. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

HE IS A DEMOCRAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So now I choose between 2 commies and a traitor!!!!!!

11. geneleroy

geneleroy TS Member

Black Rifle,

It's your choice, but with your reasoning you have just elected a Democrat and no one but you will know how you voted!--If you want to throw away your vote, so be it, it's your vote!!And I admire you for voting and not just staying at home!

And all VETERANS who joined or served when called and didn't run off to Canada or some other foreign country to avoid service are HEROS to me!!God Bless them!

12. lightfoot

lightfoot TS Member

Ellen,

Given McCain is going to be on the Republican ticket, I guess that means you're voting for Obama or Clinton. Right?

13. lightfoot

lightfoot TS Member

Black Rifle,

Given how President George Bush has trampled the Constitution, I guess you didn’t vote for him either, did you? McCain was still in the military during his POW time. While I agree that just having your plane shot down doesn’t make you a hero, the fact that he literally gave up FIVE YEARS of his life, and remained a POW because he didn’t want to leave the other men behind, classifies him as a war hero to me.

14. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Ellen, you are wrong about McCain selling out his fellow prisoners. He was offered a "get out of jail free card" when his captors learned that his father was a ranking admiral. They thought that it might help with negotiations to end American involvement in the war. McCain refused, unless his fellow prisoners were released, too. In addition; anybody that volunteers to serve in the military during wartime by being launched from a flattop, and the gut wrenching return to said flattop after a mission, is a hero. He could have chosen soft duty because of his father's rank

Now, after all of that....I'm going to have a hard time supporting the Senator. He is about as conservative as Dianne Feinstein. He supports "reasonable" gun control, is against tax cuts, for the "death" tax, and for an open border with Mexico. We folks here in California know how well that's working.

My hope is that he will pick a strong conservative(and Huckabee would be a mistake) for a running mate.

Hornet

15. Robb

Robb Member

Why is Huckabee a mistake?

16. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

I rarwly bother reading the non-gun related junk posts here, but this one caught my attention, and especially when I noted the attacks upon McCains military and war record. I will try to restrain my anger, but unless you fought in Vietnam with us, unless you spent years in the Hanoi Hilton as did many of my compatriots, and unless you can back up the baseless and foul accusations with fact, then I would suggest you shut the hell up!!!!

17. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Conservatives aren't warming to Huck, either. The prevailing thought is that he and McCain worked a deal to railroad Romney by siphoning votes when he had no chance for the nomination in exchange for a position in the McCain administration. Smelly politics....but I guess it all smells. Rick Santorum would be a better choice for VP. Young, pro-gun, pro family, strong on defense, for limited government, and against the death tax.

I'll be glad when it's over. We can then regroup and make battle plans. God help us!

Hornet

18. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

WhoTF is "ellen"

Never saw that name on here before. Everybody relax, "ellen" is a plant.

AJ100

19. KeystoneLight

KeystoneLight TS Member

I also just listened to the CPAC speech by McCain and my unfavorable opinion of him remains the same. It will take more than a campaign style speech to sway me. I believe it will take many actions on his part to erase the memory of his attack on the first amendment (McCain Feingold) it also would have been nice if all of McCain's support group in the audience would have kept their constant cheering at every sentence to a minimum. He sure got the reaction of normal conservatives when he started into the immigration topic. A short amount of booing and moans could be heard in the audience until McCain's groupies drowned it out with their cheers and sign waving.

It is going to be interesting watching McCain's courtship with the core of the GOP.

Ellen, do you have any documentation to back up your slanderous assertion of traitor? Something along the lines of Jane Fonda or John Kerry that is well founded. If not, how about keeping that stuff to yourself. It serves no purpose on here and only leads to keyboard fights and more work for the moderators. BTW, thank you to David and the mods for cleaning up the site.

stone

20. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

On a serious note, the reason to vote for John McCain is because the guy that made the quote below is on the side of the opposition.

"We're going to hammer guns on the anvil of relentless legislative strategy! We're going to beat guns into submission!" Chuck Schumer

I don't need hit upside the head with my AR, or my Garand or my MX8 or any of the other firearms I own to know that chuck and his pals would like nothing better than to see a democrat in the whitehouse.

Nuff said....AJ100

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.