1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

JOHN LYNCH/FALLON GUN CLUB EJECTION RESULTS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trap2, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I just received an offical copy of the protest form submitted by John Lynch to the PITA regarding his ejection from the Nevada State Shoot at the Fallon Gun Club. I am quoting from the form:

Applicable rule book section violated: pg12 negligent puller, referee, (a),(d),(e),(h), and pg13 (d).

Details: "On Saturday, 6/30/07, I was disqualified and removed from the club for disrupting the harmony of the Nevada state shoot on 6/29/07. I was not allowed to tell my side of the incident, question their three eye witnesses, or appeal. I was told by the president of the club to leave immediately and never return or I would be arrested."

"On Friday 6/29/07 during the third sub event of the handicap the scorekeeper/referee was not calling lost when targets were unbroken and not recording the correct scores. Between our 4th and 5th post the other four members of our squad corrected the score sheet. I asked the scorer if she was tired and she said yes she was, I said ok we will get you a replacement and you can take a break. Dave Kelly's girlfriend was behind the scorer and said she would get a replacement. The new scorer took over and we finished without any problems. The other members were Dave Kelly, and Zack Zanolin from CA. and Gordon Howell from Or. I do not know the name of the fourth member." Signed by John Lynch

This official protest was received by the PITA on July 16th, 2007.

I also have, in my possession, a copy of a letter from Walt Bielar, the President of the Nevada Silver State Trapshooting Association, written to the PITA Executive Committee, stating their findings after investigating this incident. I am quoting from this letter:

To: The PITA Executive Committee regarding the official protest of John Lynch filed July 16th, 2007:

Please be advised of the following findings:

"We find that the disqualification of John Lynch by the Fallon Trap Club and its officers was unwarranted and should not have taken place.

We further agree that page 12 "Referee" section (a),(e),(h) and page 13 section (d) of the rule book were violated by the Fallon Trap Club officers."

Signed: Walt Bielar, President, SSTA.

This would seem to eliminate both the PITA and the SSTA from having any fault in John's ejection, or how it came about. Will the Fallon trap club step up to the plate and make this right? Who knows? With these two documents in hand, the fault in this matter seems to fall directly onto the shoulders of the Fallon club and its officers.

Now you have the FACTS on what really happened and what the findings were. I would be happy to email a copy of either document to confirm my statements if you need confirmation. Just leave your email address and I will forward you a copy......Dan Thome (Trap2)

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Thanks for posting it Dan. I knew about it as well but wasn't going to involve myself as I said I had made my last post on the topic. Jeff

3. Dustimall

Dustimall TS Member

So now we know, and we also know John Lynch is an Honorable Trapshooter. He is a quiet guy, very dedicated to this sport, flys everywhere to compete, now that's dedication my friend.
    The Fallon Gun Club and it's Officers, owes John Lynch a written apology and should refund all monies he paid out to attend that shoot, aircraft, fuel, targets. What a shame that it ever came to this. Best of Luck John, see you at Madras in 2 weeks.

Shootnclays

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Shootnclays, I'll be at Madras shooting with John (hopefully) make sure we get to shake hands. I'll be the good looking one on the squad; John's the taller!

I, too, have seen the documents mentioned above, in fact the ones John received his very own self....Bob Dodd

5. newark sportsman

newark sportsman TS Member

Having not attended this shoot i refrained from making a remark until now.

I personally know Dave Kelly,his girlfriend Cyntha and Zach Zanolini(sp??)and i know that NONE of them would let ANYBODY get away with the mistreatment of any trap personel.......period.

I think the Fallon gun club owes Mr. John Lynch a very big apology. It`s hard enough to get good shooter turn out these day`s as is,then to do something like this only hurt`s the gun club`s reputation.

We as shooters have a very limited amount of club`s to shoot at,but we still have a choice. I hope the club publically apolagizes(sp??)for this act and saves what little face they still have with their CUSTOMERS!!!!!! the shooters.

Newark.

6. Toddy

Toddy Member

Thanks for posting this Dan as I have been watching this problem unfold and started to get the impression that the Fallon Gun club thought this would go away but clearly shows that they owe John Lynch and his squad a complete reversal and apology.

When I see a club treating shooter's like this, it makes me think twice about shooting at that club.

Thanks again Dan.

Reg. Todd, East Sooke, BC

7. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Believe me when I say this: Being able to publicly post these documents that clearly vindicate John from any wrong doing is one of the most satisfying things I have ever done on T/S.com. John didn't deserve the treatment he received from the Fallon club, and, in my opinion, they should step up and accept responsibility for what they did, and do everything in their power to make it right. While Fallon has a great club, and, without doubt, great members, it is a shame they all have to suffer the consequences of their Boards actions. Trapshooting needs all the support, and help, it can get, to continue to grow and prosper. Fallons actions will not go very far to help the cause.

On another note, it is gratifying to see that both the PITA and the SSTA did their jobs in a professional manner. Their investigations, and the resulting findings, were done putting principals before personalities, showing no bias. My hats off to both organizations...... Dan Thome (Trap2)

8. alpine

alpine TS Member

Finally the truth comes out.

I hope that the parties that posted in defense of that club will come on here and apologize for their statements.

And I would like to see the club pony up with the refunds mentioned above.

Until then I will not shoot at that club as they need to clear their reputation.

9. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

If this was a State Shoot ? Wasnt there any officials there from ATA ? Why
    Would these Folks running a shoot of this size Kick someone out off the Grounds
    Something doesnt sound proper here . Better investigate The ATA findings on the GUN Club what is ATA going to Do .

Pat Kelley

10. viperrt

viperrt Member

Mr. Kelley, this was a PITA shoot which is a different organization, thus the ATA would not have any jurisdiction. Bill

11. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Pat, as viperrt said, this was a PITA shoot but your point is that members of the governing board should have been present and seen that the situation was handled properly. According to my source, PITA board members were present, they voiced their opinions at whatever meetings took place and were basically ignored - I was not there.....Bob Dodd

12. Little Limber

Little Limber TS Member

Trap2, So what was the PITA's "official" response to the protest?

LL

13. alpine

alpine TS Member

There is a lot of band with here and it is about time some of them stepped up to the plate and apologize publicly.

If their shoot turnouts are low, this will be the reason. They were quick to kick John Lynch out, how about quick to step up to the plate and concede they were wrong.

Or are they wishing this whole thing will just die and go away?

14. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

LL...I'm sorry it took me a while to respond to your question but I had to take some time to verify some facts before responding. I want to make sure that I only post the facts and not just hearsay. To date, there has been no "official" response to the protest from the PITA for 2 reasons. The first one is that there has not been a meeting of the PITA BOD since the findings in this incident. The next scheduled meeting is in October at the Cottage Grove Gun Club, in Cottage Grove, Oregon. The matter is on table and on the agenda, and will be addressed. The second, and most important, reason is due to the fact that the official protest was filed after the required time period had expired, as required by the PITA. John's official protest was filed as a matter of information and principle. Because of this delay, there is little, if anything, the PITA can really do. Once the time period has elapsed, the PITA no longer has any authority to pursue, or act, on the matter. The Nevada SSTA, however, is the association that actually governed the shoot in question. They had, and have, the final say as to what action, if any, should be taken in regards to the steps taken by the Fallon Club. As per Walt Bielar's letter to the PITA, the SSTA found the Fallon club to be wrong in what they did, and in violation of several rules in the PITA rulebook. Since the Nevada SSTA was responsible for the shoot, and it was under their jurisdiction, they, and they alone, have to decide what, if anything, should happen. I cannot speak for the SSTA as I have no affiliation with them, and no one to share any information with.

I hope that answers your question......Dan Thome (Trap2)

15. Flench

Flench TS Member

Now lets get the rest of the story for this club bashing. The first part of this is documented by Mr. Lynch. On Fri. Night about 8:00 PM Mr. Lynch approached the Cashier and said there had been a mistake on his score of 82 and that he wanted it changed. The Cashiere pulled the score sheet in question and looked it over and said the score stands. (I believe Mr. Lynch was the squad leader and signed the score sheet) at this point Mr. Lynch started to get biligerent with the cashier. The cashiere was not going to deal with him so he went and talked to an official from the PITA and they both came back to the Cashiere and the PITA official directed the score to be changed. The Cashiere then walked over to the scores that had been posted for the day, to have a look at what might be changed as far as the score being changed. The cashiere then told the both of them that Mr. Lynch would not win anything if the score were to be changed, because there was higher scores. At this point Mr. Lynch told the cashiere he knew this but it would make a difference in the Lewis class money. ($20.83) At this time the cashiere told the both of them that the cashiere didn't care what official title the PITA official carried the score stands.

The cashiere then told Mr. Whitten what was going on. Mr. Whitten approached Mr. Biehler and told him they had a problem with a shooter and asked for guidance. Mr. Biehler then told Mr. Whitten to do whatever they needed to do.

Mr. Whitten then called the Club BOD together to discuss the problem. The BOD did not involve the PITA in this discussion for the fact that they felt any decission made by the PITA would be tainted since the official was involved with trying to change the score. At this point the Fallon BOD felt that they had enough of Mr. Lynch fecal matter and voted for him to leave the shoot.

On Sat. morning Mr. Whitten approached Mr. Lynch and told him he was no longer welcome on the grounds and that if he came into the club house that they would refund any money he had coming to him. ( I am not sure about how the trailer spaces are paid for such as 12:00 Noon to 12:00 Noon. Anyway!) Mr. Whitten then told Mr. Lynch that he had until the official ending time to vacate his trailer space and that if he was still there at the end of that time. The proper athouratives would be called to have him evicted. The reason why Mr. Lynch was told to leave the spot was that the Club did not want Mr. Lynch sitting in his trailer stewing about what had happened and then disturbing the harmony of the shoot with other shooters.

Yes the Club was hoping this would just go away. Not for any reason other than the fact that they felt Mr. Lynch might have been having a bad week and they just wanted him to leave and come back another time when he was in a better mood.

As far as hurting the club. This BS will not hurt them. They are not there to preform official shoots. They are there for individuals to come out and enjoy themselves for a day.
    As I have stated in previous posts this is hurting no one but the PITA. This shoot drew about twice the shooters as the 2006 state shoot did at Sage Hill.
    Many shooters have expressed an opinion that if the shoot is moved back to Sage Hill that they would not attend the 2008 State shoot.

As far as the Ore. shooters not attending I bet the other out of state shooters will be happy they will not have to compete with you for out of state prizes.

I hope this answers many of the questions as to why things happened the way they did.

Doyal Kirby

16. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Mr . Doyle is this where you take your ball and go home? LOL Jeff

17. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

So Mr. Kirby would like us to believe that the final straw was Mr. Lynch trying to cheat his way into a $20.83 LEWIS CLASS PAYOUT, by changing a score on an already initialed score sheet.

He needed that 20 bucks for gas money home????

Mr. Kirby is doing more harm to the gun club's reputation everytime he touches the keyboard. Speaking of which, cashier is C-A-S-H-I-E-R.

Did anybody ever find out what the relationship was between the puller and the B.O.D. member who pushed to throw Lynch out? Daughter, niece, grandaughter?

18. Flench

Flench TS Member

I must ask how many of you people where at the shoot in Fallon? I don't believe any of you attended the shoot but you all spout hearsay as to what went on. Mr Westlund when you started this vendetta. I had ask you to ask Mr. Lynch what he had to say about trying to get the score changed and you ignored the question.

I personally careless on what the friends of Mr. Lynch wants to believe. Many of you wanted to know what happened and there it is in a nutshell.

I must ask this question one more time. If Mr. Lynch is such as Saint as proclaimed, how did he ever get noticed at this shoot. I don't think the club threw all the shooters names in a hat and drew one out and said lets kick him off the grounds.
    Of all the shoots I have attended there is only 3 ways to get noticed 1 is to win something. 2 is to introduce yourself. 3 is to cause a problem. Otherwise the club says thankyou for your money we hope you return someday.

The Scorekeeper is not related to anyone. She's just an employee.

Hopefully Mr. Ahart has some success in trying to persuade the Fallon Club in Holding the 2008 State shoot.

Doyal Kirby

19. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I don't see how anything that Mr. Kirby posted would hurt the gun club's reputation.

The only thing I see is two vindictive posters that can't communicate without name calling and wild accusations. Show me where Doyle stated that Mr. Lynch tried to cheat his way into the Lewis class win. And I don't mean your interpretation of words either.

As far as taking his ball and going home all I have to ask is "HOW OLD ARE YOU???"

You can flame away at me all you want but keep in mind that as I read your posts I'll be laughing my ass off. I would imagine that there will be others doing the same thing.

Its too bad things like this happen but whats worse is the mentality of people who keep beating on a dead horse and anyone who doesn't agree with them.

Bill

20. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Old enough to know that when you cry about a decision that you have to abide by and then threaten not to play anymore then that is " taking your ball and going home" I have to admit that I am shocked that Fallon still wants to assert that they were correct in their actions I had hoped that Mr.Doyle would have accepted the decison with grace and moved forward. I was wrong. Jeff Westlund

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

fallon trap club menbers list