1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

John Kerry

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by trapperwads, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Before confirmation as Secretary of State he should be asked if he paid taxes on the boat he recently bought. It was hinted by news media that he bought it out of state. He was asked if he was going to register it and pay taxes. He seemed perturbed by the reporters questions. While running for President he took a photo-op to hunt ducks...wonder if he purchased an out of state license? ed nichols p.s. I don't dislike all politicians..just the liberal dishonest ones and I think these days they are in the majority.

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

If memory serves, he bought it out of country, docked it out of state.

The Dems in all their wisdom increased luxuery taxes on yachts, to the point it put the price so high, people bought them overseas, and pretty much put the yacht people in this country out of business and out of jobs.

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Do as I say, NOT as I DO!! Liberals Motto!

4. Rick Barker

Above link I posted, tells the tale.

5. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Remember this?

6. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Another POS........fits right in with this adminstration

7. Rick Barker

Here is a story written in 2003, 12 years after the tax increase, telling it's impact on the yacht industry.

8. BobHoukOregon

BobHoukOregon Member

The man is a "PUKE", What did you think?

9. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

If a Rep keeps his money in the Cayman Islands to avoid taxes he is considered a smart business man and Presidential material. If a Dem keeps his boat out of state to avoid taxes he is a "PUKE"

10. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Johnny...you are absolutely right! He is a puke. The republican is a smart business man. ed

11. Rick Barker

Johnny

Maybe, but Kerry voted for those tax increases.

Why didn't he stand by his principals and pay those higher taxes on a US made yacht.

That is the hypocrisy of the Left, do as I say, not as I do.

Of course nobody has ever accused him of being patriotic.

12. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Rick buying it over seas had nothing to do with the taxes you are talking about. The state of RI repealed those taxes in 1993 as quoted from the article about incident some seven years later in 2010.

"Doing so spared Kerry a $437,500 one-time sales tax charge in Massachusetts, as well as about $70,000 in annual excise taxes. Rhode Island repealed those taxes in 1993, making the state something of a nautical tax haven."

You can read the rest of the article at the link above. Interesting to note that under the MA sales tax laws the sales tax on such items must be paid to the buyer's home state, where ever he stores it.

Also Rick Here is another link to another story. This one has some links with in the text that have interesting little side notes.

http://tinyurl.com/ah67hsu

Bob Lawless

13. Rick Barker

Bob,

Being you live there, I will take your info as true.

The story I heard was he bought the yacht in outside the US and registered it in Europe to avoid Federal excise and import taxes. He voted on the increase in excise taxes that hit the yacht building industry hard.

Then he docked it outside the State of Mass to escape the higher harbour taxes.

Still another interesting story of a rich Liberal Democrat, not wanting to pay high tax rates they insist everyone else pay. I might have the details incorrect, but he was trying to avoid taxes.

14. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"Still another interesting story of a rich Liberal Democrat, not wanting to pay high tax rates they insist everyone else pay."

All he was trying to do was avoid paying the one time sales and the yearly excise tax by docking it in MA.

He was taken to task by the local Newspapers. He bought the yacht in New Zealand but could have bought it in Maine or here in state. Which would have kept a whole boat building company employed for a full year. He never did answer the question as to why he picked New Zealand.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.