1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

John Hall gun Cases

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Perazzi MX8, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Perazzi MX8

Perazzi MX8 Member

Does anyone have any information on the availability of parts for John Hall Gun Cases? Specifically those little rubber latch thingies that hold flap in place? They were a weak spot in the design...

Thanks for any help...Donnie

2. G4AV8R

G4AV8R Member

Donnie, I got parts for the John Hall cases from Hasting's in Nebraska a few years ago. They had the rights to the cases then . Give them a call @735-632-3169,ext. 101. Good luck, Randy. P.S. please post here if you are successful in getting the parts.

3. JLYON

JLYON Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Hastings was auctioned of 2 years ago all the john hall stuff got sold at the auctioned off, i was told the molds went for scrap i missed the auction by a week wanted to buy the john hall stuff and the molds

4. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

I would replace the whole rubber tie down with a strap of Velcro like Americase uses. Solves the problem permanently for a couple dollars at a fabric store. Even if you find one they dry up and become hard and brittle and eventually will break again. Mine either broke or got stretched out and wouldn't hold anymore. Velcro is a great improvement.

5. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Hastings is on the George Washington program " part of history. Velcro is the way to go and wasn't around when John was building cases.

6. Deputy Dog

Deputy Dog TS Member

Try www.hardwareelf.com and if you can't find it there go to Ohiotravelbag.com.
    They have a 300+ page flip catalog and you can then purchase through hardwareelf.
    Tommy