1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

John Hall Gun Case??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Buster 25, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

Seems American Airlines decided I no longer needed my Old John Hall case and DISTROYED IT.
    My Grandson could not have done a better job....He's a Pro. at breaking things...lol
    The case did it's job saving the Gun, But it did not survive the ordeal.
    A/A has agreed to replace (pay for) the case in the "EXACT" brand & style.
    However, I do not see any around.

Can anyone tell me where I can find a New John Hall case f/34" barral??

Thanks for your help.

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The original John Hall case, smooth exterior surfaces, was discontinued many moons ago and Hastings began selling a knockoff with textured surfaces that, IMHO was not up to the quality of the original and was marketed by Gamaliel Shooting Supply, 1525 Fountain Run Road, P.O. Box 156, Gamaliel, KY 42140 Orders 1.800.356-6230. But I "believe" those are no longer available either?? Occasionally you'll find folks selling a spare Hall case on this forum but your hopes of finding a new one may be a dilemma....breakemall...Bob Dodd

3. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

I've got one I don't use, I'll sell it to you. Make offer. If I remember right, I think they retailed for 165.00 I've got a spare latch & rubber loops to go with it. As you found out, they weren't airline safe, so I quit using it.On the other hand if you show up without hardcase, the airline will sell you a 12.00 cheapo for 45.00.

4. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Once in the insurance business, policies used to read replacement with 'like kind and quality'. If you can demonstrate to the Airline that the cases aren't made anymore, they should be willing to give you cash for a new one of your choosing. You'll also have to show them some evidence of what the case sold for when new.

Just some idle thoughts.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

5. old pipe

old pipe TS Member

Buster, As many posts go on line here, Seeing is believing. Now you have an idea how safe is your shotgun in the hands of the airlines. We travel to a few
    shoots and we did find out which airline proof travel case gives the best protection. The Americase is our choice, it cost more but we have a complete
    shotgun to use for the tournament. I know its hard to justify the cost of the case but you`re buying a piece of mind. Good luck and good shooting! pineapple

6. dubois

dubois Member

I have a nib John Hall Case mod# U1. It holds 2 recievers, 3 barrels, 1 being 34". 817-909-1939

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.