1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

John Bolich from Minnesota passed away tonight

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Neil Winston, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Minnesota Hall of Fame shooter John Bolich Jr. suffered a heart attack in the presence of his family this evening on his patio and could not be revived.

John shot post one or two on most of my squads for twenty-five years, most recently at the Iowa State Shoot last week. Twice elected President of the MTA, he and his late wife Elaine were fixtures at trapshoots at home and in the West for four decades, He worked at Unisys for almost his entire career and led countless league teams to victory at Metro Gun Club and other venues around the Twin Cities, often shooting in five or six leagues at once. In the last few years he registered 15,000 targets annually while battling a host of painful ills. Through all of it, I never heard him complain.

He is survived by son David and daughter Suzy as well as his brother and mother in the Upper Peninsula.

John's presence and unfailingly friendly and optimistic attitude will be forever missed in Minnesota and everywhere he was known.

Neil Winston

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I did not know him and yet I appreciate what he did for the sport and his fortitude.

RIP

3. Jerry Parr

Jerry Parr Member

Very sad news. John was a very genuine and caring man. I enjoyed camping at Tucson next door to him for years. I know God will have a beautiful trap and unlimited shells set aside for him. Our condolences to John's family. Jerry and Jennifer.....

4. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

We are so sad to hear of John's passing. What a kind and generous soul--John donated a beautiful shooting bag each year in his late wife's memory and he was so proud to take this picture with 2009's recipient, Jennie Stone at this year's shoot. He loved to spend time talking to everyone at the shoots he attended, and always had a warm smile for everyone. He will be truly missed.

Our deepest sympathy to John's family.

Mark and Sally

[​IMG]

5. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

Very sad news. I also shot with John many times in the past. Last Sunday Before leaving the Iowa State Trapshoot for home I visited With both John and Niel. This is hard to believe.

My sympathy to the family.

6. bas

bas Member

Oh, no, another good man gone. I have known John for many, many years and we all looked forward to his return to AZ to spend the winter and shoot trap. Another very sad day. My very sincere condolences to Suzy and John's family and friends...he will be missed by many and we will miss seeing his always,smiling face.

Betty & Roger

7. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Very sad news. Nice fellow. Always had a smile. Loved to shoot. Enjoy life while you can. Glenn

8. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Very sorry to hear that Neil. My condolences to John's family and you also. Bob

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

John Bolich was truly one of the really Good Guys, always had a friendly smile and a handshake when I would see him at the shoots ... He will be missed by many friends where ever he traveled, he was just that kind of a guy ... Heartfelt Condolances to his Family and all of Johns friends, I will truly miss seeing and talking with him like I used to do at the shoots here in Arizona ... Rest in Peace my friend ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Just saw him last week at Iowa, John never failed to wave when going past on his rattly old golf cart. We'll miss him.

11. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this.

Condolences to the family and friends.

12. njsandsnipe

njsandsnipe TS Member

Neil,

I met John on the first day of the 2009 Minnesota State Shoot.
    When he found out that I was from New Jersey, he instantly welcomed me to Minnesota, and invited me to shoot with him on your squad. I took him up on the offer and shot all three doubles events with him. I can't say enough about how nice John was to me and what a great ambassador he was to Minnesota trapshooting. I'm very sad to hear this news and sure that he will be missed by all.

Ken Simpson

13. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Martin and I extend our sincerest sympathies...

14. Cowboy

Cowboy TS Member

Difficult to find the words. The shockwave that is going through the country right now as more and more people find out about the loss we are all suffering.

I have had the privelage of being his friend, and as close to a son in law as one could get for the last 18 years.

You will be with us forever my friend, in our thoughts and dreams. It will be difficult to continue without you, but we will continue as you would have wanted us to do. We will celebrate your wonderful life, and hope that ours can be as good as yours was.

Rest Well with Elaine, and enjoy the next part of your Spirits Journey through time.......

Rick Jodsaas

15. chazbodazz

chazbodazz Member

Hi Suzy, If you are reading VERY SORRY to hear of your loss!!! Cowboy you have a PM. Charlie Gallagher 949-340-7471 or 949-309-0564

16. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Leo and I had the pleasure of camping along side John and he shared his recipe for kraut/ribs. So sorry to hear this sad news.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.