1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

////////// JOEL ETCHENS COMBO //////////

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mike moncilovich, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

Hey Goose, I bought 0ne past September. Thus far, I shot about 4 flats thru it and like it. Only thing that I can say bad is I seem to feel a little more bump on the shouler. I think that kick-eez pad will correct that and it might not swing as fast as my TM1. Again it might be the aging prosess...Mike

2. gslam

gslam TS Member

I have a combo unsingle as you discribe and it is the best of the best. I have had seven Brownings of similar style and this is ten times as good. It is light as a feather and swings like a hunting gun. Shoots a mile and breaks clay birds all the time. The O/U set is like a Browning Citori XT but much lighter and swings quicker. There isn't a better gun on earth in my opinion bar any at any price. It is the same as the $12,000 type at a fraction of the cost and no loss in quality.

3. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

After looking at all the available combos at the Grand last August (including the Browning Unsingle combo, Guerini combo, etc, I bought a JEG 687 SPII combo as what I consider the best combo available for the money. It has proven a joy to shoot, gets many favorable comments at the club, and just plain looks great. Having tried a Beretta 682 Gold unsingle, I find the Etchen Guns stock design (made to their specs by Beretta) to fit better and for me is more comfortable and feels much better. JEG uses better hardware for the adjustable comb also. All in all, in my opinion (and everyone whom Ive met that has owned one) this is a great trap combo. You might also want to check out past issues of Shotgun Sports magazine (do not remember which month/year) for the article written by Average Ed on the JEG combos.

Jim R

4. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I own both an XT and the 687 JE top single, This will be the third year for it. No complaints, no problems either, except that I haven't quite shot all the losses out of it yet......buy one, you will not be disappointed...FC
    After looking at some Guerinis in Tucson this past weekend, I cannot see the benefits of spending 2K more for the CG, LOW end gun....

5. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Bought a combo at last Grand in Vandalia. Have been pleased with it and no problems. Added a Rad II to help with recoil. Gun shoots great, shooter needs practice. In my opinion you would not regret buying one.

6. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

"There isn't a better gun on earth in my opinion bar any at any price. It is the same as the $12,000 type at a fraction of the cost and no loss in quality."

I'm glad you're happy with your gun Gslam, but honestly...how many $12,000 guns have you owned in order to make this comparison?

Buz

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Joel has that article about the 687 SPII combo on his website - click the link above to read it.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.