1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

joel etchens 687 eell

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hehawboy, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hehawboy

hehawboy Member

Hello Everyone on trapshooters !! Here's my problem I would love to buy a Joel Etchens 687eell but can't seem to find anyone who ownes one . Called a couple on dealers but they only order them when needed. My local gun club in Holbrook Mass does'nt have anyone either So if anyone out there in Massachuettes who ownes a Joel Etchens 687 shotgun could PM me that would be great. Can't see spending 4600.00 dollars on a gun and not being able to handle it , why can't it be as easy as buying a car it would make our lives a lot easier . Thanks Mike Taunton Mass

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

If you come across any of the other Beretta 680 series guns they are very similar in fit and form. The 687's are alot fancier though. Just a thought if you just wanted to handle one.

Matt

3. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Not in Mass But I own 1 that I purchased used from High Grade shooters for $3500. I love the feel of it and when I am haveing an off day I still have off days. BUT I always have people who like to look at it.

Jerry Lewis

4. dudleyone

dudleyone TS Member

You have a pm.

5. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a Joel Etchen 687 EELL. Don't mix it up with Beretta 687 EELL.
    JE gun is a up graded wood 687. The Beretta 687 EELL is a side plate gun.

6. dragracemaniac

dragracemaniac TS Member

You may have better luck borrowing/testing a 682e. They are much more common and it is exactly the same gun as the Joel Etchen, except for the plain receiver. All the dimensions and weights are the same. They both utilize the same wood, barrels and iron.
    If you are comfortable with the 682e, then you should have no reservations about ordering Joel's 687. I have had one for about 4 years now and love it. My gun came with the EELL wood and is very sharp looking.
    In the past, the 682e came with an adjustable trigger, while Joel's version did not. Joel now offers his version with the adjustable trigger as well.
    If you don't care so much about the engraved receiver, there are some great deals out there on the 682e.
    Tom

7. Borderland

Borderland Member

Jaquas lists a 687EEL unsingle combo for sale in your price range.
    Ken

8. chadmjkrause

chadmjkrause TS Member

I have a Joel Etchen 687... great gun.

In addition to what the others said above, I agree that a 682 E will give you a great feel for the JE 687. Joel's does have slightly more cast off 3/16" vs. 1/8" for the 682, but the 682 will still be very similar.

The JE 687 is far better looking gun than the 682 E, but the hardware is also better. Joel replaces the Beretta memory system adjustble comb with an upgraded adj comb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.